“Lovely food great staff! ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 480 restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Lovely food great staff! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Myself and my family have been here more than once, and on every occasion the food and staff have been brilliant! Love the cheeky banter between the male servers! Going back here in March for my 21st birthday meal and I cannot wait!

94% Recommend
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, nice atmosphere but we've had better (sorry!)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

In Blackpool for a night recently with the wife and we decided to have an 'italian'. Reviewed trip advisor and saw La Piazza2 was about 6th on the list. Rang and got through no problem very friendly, told to come in no need to book ..... No problem so far ..... Arrived to an average neighbour hood and the frontage of the place is modest, clean and well lit etc .... It doesn't have much wow factor unfortunately, and would not impress a lady on a first date i doubt. But it is nice for what it is ...... Still the food is the main area of concern right ? ...... Lovely welcome .... ALL staff very professional and typically cheeky Italian .... We really liked the friendly staff ..... The interior of the restaurant is also typically italian, but a little too brightly lit and coloured to make it romantic ... No table candles etc .... I think they could dim the lights and put out candles to give the place a little more atmosphere .... No music playing on our visit ..... I had a garlic mushroom starter which was very disappointed ... It was 6 mushrooms in about a pound of melted cheese, it was bland, the mushrooms didn't taste marinated in garlic, and to be honest it was a 1/5 starter .... The drink selection was as you would expect, italian lagers etc ...... More cheeky fun waiters followed and then the wife's salad and veggie lasagna arrived ...... The Salad was really nice, and she enjoyed the lasagna, which is a real compliment as my wife is a proper veggie food critic !!! ..... My main was pork with veg and chips, all 'nice' but not amazing I'm afraid to say ..... The food is definitely of the wholesome proper cooked affair ... I should imagine if you went to a family house in northern Italy, the grandmas food would be like this .... Portion sizes were generous, so if your a quantity over Quality sort of eater, no problem here ..... Pudding for me was a scoop of strawberry ice cream ... This was average out of the tub affair from a wholesaler ...... Overall we found it hard to score this place too low ..... Wrapping up the bill came to 35 quid .... Which included 2 starters, 2 mains, my ice cream and four drinks (3x 1/2 pint soft, 1 pint of lager) .... So good value in my book ....... If we were scoring it simply on the staff, friendliness, politeness etc it would be a 5/5 no doubt ...... Kerb appeal and the general ambiance. 2/5 ...... Food ..... 2/5 ....... So overall a 3/5 from us

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“By far the best Italian in Blackpool!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

There aren't any words to describe the feeling you get the moment you walk in the door of this restaurant! We hadn't booked and it was full but the staff said not a problem have a seat we'll get your table ready. We had a vast choice of wine which was served properly as wine should be. The food was outstanding and the fantastic Manny was just the most attentive waiter I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He's special vegetable 'sauce' is outstanding and Manny's Tiramasu was melt in your mouth delicious! Price wise value for money undoubtedly!! We're definitely going to recommend this place we'll be visiting again soon!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Loved it! Food-delicious! Staff-amazingly attentive! Atmosphere-magical! Can't wait to go back thoroughly enjoyed this visit!

• Visited December 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great night celebrating my Grandsons 18th Birthday. Food fantastic as always and staff the best there is nothing to much trouble for them. Wonderful night can't wait to return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere