“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   7 Lord Street, Blackpool FY1 2AZ, England   |
Ranked #47 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, really friendly owners who make you feel at home. It's in a great location for bars & clubs and is very clean. The rooms are great for the price. I have been staying here for 5 years now and love it every time. Would recommend a stay here to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I will 100% be returning to McHalls, what a lovely stay. From the minute we arrived, Danny gave us a warm welcome and continued to be attentive for the duration of our stay. Facilities were great and the location of the hotel perfect being right in the heart of Blackpool. The room was comfortable, and the food absolutely outstanding I would highly recommend eating here. I can safely say, this has been the best hotel I have stayed at in Blackpool (and I have been a heck of a lot of times)... Thank :)
Stacey and Sharon

Room Tip: When I booked, there was only one room left so I was a bit concerned given previous experience in ot...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm pretty sure McHalls has the friendliest hosts in town! The place was tidy and quiet. The food was excellent. I was very pleased with our stay. We left our stuff in the hotel after our check out in the last day and essentially used the hotel as headquarters for meeting in between visiting the attractions. We also played games in the reception while waiting for our train. Essentially, the train station is 3 min by foot from the hotel, which is quite convenient.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Made us feel so welcome from arrival and continued throughout stay. You can't fault this hotel it was fantastic. The breakfast was beautiful the best I've eaten in a hotel. The room was homely and had a lovely bathroom with shower. Only thing is that the pressure for the water goes hot and cold quite a lot but not a major issue. Overall would rate at 5 stars and can't wait to go back made a break perfect. Thanks very much. Ian+Amanda.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome. Danny was kind enough to offer the use of his gated parking for my motorbike before I'd even checked in.

The rooms were nicely decorated, bright and airy and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels. Even the communal areas - so often neglected - were well presented.

Probably the best thing about McHalls is the food! If you're staying here then be sure to eat here! The breakfast was hearty and delicious but it was the evening meal that really impressed. The menu is varied and the service exemplary.

I couldn't recommend this B&B more! Stay here!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed one night in the hotel, having dinner and breakfast during our stay, and have to say that I have never received such excellent service and treatment. The hotel itself was immaculate and welcoming, with a really comfy bed. The food was delicious and very well priced and I would definitely eat there again. As initially stated, the service was friendly, very accommodating and made our stay much more enjoyable. I can't recommend this hotel enough and will definitely use it again when visiting Blackpool.

Stanley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

As soon as we arrived the hotel looked immaculate from the outside. After parking our car out the front we were greeted in a warm friendly manner from Danny. Even though we arrived early he checked us into our room as it was ready for us. We were given a option of a room at thr front or back, we chose the front. This was opposite a bar, but during our stay we never had any bother with noise. The room was bright and airy with clean bedding and white towels. There was plenty of hot water in both the sink and shower. Every morning when going foe breakfast we were greeted by our first names which was a nice touch. Danny always asked if we'd had a comfortable nights sleep and took an interest in what your plans were for the day. At breakfast the choice of fresh fruit, yoghurts and cereals was a nice touch. The cooked breakfast was good quality and very tasty. In addition the toast which on the odd occassion was made with homemade bread, and served with homemade conserves. There was also fruit juice and tea and coffee, which Danny always asked if you wanted more of. We briefly met Gavin who was working his magic in the kitchen. We enjoyed the breakfast that much we had a meal at the bistro on the Friday night (review seperate). We also bought a range of sauces, chutneys and conserves which were homemade by Gavin. We would definately return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to McHalls Hotel? Share your experiences!