“2nd visit to Kwizeen” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 591 Restaurants in Blackpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, European
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
nottingham
“2nd visit to Kwizeen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Yet again another fantastic meal at Kwizeen. The quality, presentation and taste are outstanding. My husband and myself both had the steak. Nice to get steak cooked to perfection exactly as asked for. The desserts-one word-yummy!! If you like good food served in relaxing surroundings then visit Kwizeen. You wont be disappointed. Thank you once again for an enjoyable evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Preston
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Kwizeen is a short stroll from the centre of Blackpool but is well worth the walk. The food is incredible and there is something to suit even the most adventurous of diner. I recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Blackpool.

Visited April 2013
Edinburgh
“Wonderful meal with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband, and two friends visited Kwizeen on Saturday 22nd June. We were visiting Blackpool for a weekend and were at a loss as to where to wat on Saturday night. Luckily I had taken my ipad and decided to look for a restaurant near our hotel. What a find!!!! Our friends Jean and Frank, my husband Derek and myself were impressed as soon as we arrived. The restaurant is tastefully decorated with beautifully starched table cloths and napkins. The head waiter/owner was extremely friendly and offered excellent advice on our choices of food (all sourced locally). We decided on rack of lamb x2 and trio of grilled meats x 2. While we waited for the main meal (unfortunately we had eaten at lunch time therefore could not manage a starter), we were given a small portion of fish and chips!!! Beautifully presented in small cones - what a novelty and amused us greatly. We then received newly baked bread (Sun dried tomato, I think) which was warm and delicious. When our main meals arrived we were delighted with the presentation. We eat out regularly and like to think of ourselves as experienced diners however past experience suggests that when food is presented to such a delicate and high standared, the portions are often fairly small. This was not the case here in Kwizeen. The portion sizes were excellent. the lamb was melt in the mouth consistency, The trio of grills included steak, venison and lamb. I could not decide which I enjoyed more!! We had no room for desert unfortunately but ordered coffee. To our surprise and delight along came another treat....a plateful of small sweets that were a delight to eat (despite being absolutely full). We continued throughout the meal to chat to the owner who was great fun and very attentive. Our only regret was that were were not hungry enough to order starters and puddings, they looked truelly wonderful (taking sneak peaks at other people's plates). I would seriously recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Blackpool for a visit. it is central, quite near the Winter Garden. If we stayed in Blackpool we all agreed that we would apply for a loyalty card.

Thank you so much Kwizeen for a wonderful meal and enjoyable night. Good luck for the future you deserve to be number one restaurant in Blackpool.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Gluten free and vegetarian friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went to the restaurant on a family visit to Blackpool for a family meal. Contacting the chef first and explaining that I was a vegetarian-coeliac was the best approach, he was able to cater for my needs without any problem and mostly from the day's set menu. The restaurant was ideal for a large family meal and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. I would fully recommend this restaurant for anyone with coeliac disease if they're in the area, but do contact the restaurant and explain this first. His homemade gluten free bread is something is especially not to be missed, some of the best I've ever had.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing lunchtime menu !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Visited Kwizeen for lunch today had the 3 course lunch , one of the best meals I have ever had !!! The service was second to none by "Tony" and the food was amazing , compliments to the chef "Marco ".. We were greeted with beautiful home made bread, I had a beautiful starter Prawn and Dill Linguine and my colleague had the mushrooms , we both had the very tasty Venison Casserole cooked in an adorable liquorice sauce. I will be returning soon with my husband to sample the Evening menu ..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere