“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crompton Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Crompton Hotel
You added Crompton Hotel to your Saves list
20 Cocker St, Blackpool FY1 2BY, England   |
Ranked #506 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and the service was great. They were very accommodating and the breakfast was lovely. Great value, very clean, comfortable bed and very good internet connection which Is very important to me. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fife, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Booked via a website so you never quite know what to expect. Paid £39 for a double for one night in August which the hotel advertised as a saving of £86! As if! £125 for a one night stay in a tiny room up loads of very narrow stairs. Not a chance.
Parking is difficult though the owners showed me where I could park down a side street with a locked gate. This was fine unless I wanted my car out, or wanted to get something out of my car, which I did but then 15 useless minutes banging doors and ringing doorbells for absolutely no-one to answer me. I even used my mobile to ring the hotel to try and get someone to respond but all to no avail, so I could not get into my own car! The only response I got was being accosted in the lobby by another - slightly unusual - guest who wanted to discuss tattoos with me.
The room was guest house shabby, cheap bed and charity shop furniture. There were cables trailing everywhere including through our window, which looked out onto a grubby alley.
The bar and lounge advertised on their site never opened for the duration of our stay with no explanation offered whatsoever.
We spent the afternoon and night out in Blackpool, returned to sleep, never bothered with breakfast and left in the morning disappointed.
The other 'Group' hotels in Blackpool are often spartan but at least you know what you're getting, large enough rooms, properly furnished, a bar that is open as advertised and unrestricted access to your own car.

Room Tip: Lower floors, the stairs are very narrow with many a twist and turn.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The room was small as was the bathroom but both were clean. The bed was comfortable and the room had tea and coffee making falicities. The breakfast was great, a full english, freshly Madeleine every morning with plenty of tea! The location is fairly good as well, just a short walk from pretty much everywhere.

The staff were so helpful and friendly, lending us umbrellas and giving us leaflets and vouchers for local attractions. Also allowed us to leave our bags downstairs on our last day as our train wasn't until the evening. Great value, great for a budget option.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my friend for the weekend the bedroom which were given was a family room. It was a bit cramped. But the beds were comfy enough to sleep in. This hotel is a non-smoking hotel. So when you wanted a smoke you had to go outside. We got told that all the hotels are like this. But whilst walking on the front we seen hotels that had smoking? The shower wasn't like the shower on the pictures on late rooms website. Maybe they have better ones in different rooms. The toilet kept blocking up. We kept reporting it but nothing got done. Didnt get any more coffee/tea sachets only the ones that were there upon arrival. The breakfast was nice. Can't fault it. The only thing I can say about the dining room is watch where you're walking as one morning we were going in to breakfast. And there was dog poop on the carpet. Yes two dogs live at the hotel. A terrier and a big dulux dog. I wasn't happy as I went down in my slippers. As you can imagine. Breakfast was served between half nine and ten. Which is a bit late if you are wanting to set off earlier for a day out. Had to wake the owners up at half nine because they were still asleep so it was 9:50 before we even had a coffee! The best thing about this hotel is that it's close enough to the tower and beach. Id stay here again as a last resort. Was plenty of nicer places on the front, at a cheaper price which probably didn't have dog poop on the dining room floor waiting for you to stand in.

• Stayed October 2012
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago with the kids for a weekend of fun in Blackpool and we definately picked the best of the bunch. The two lovely ladies who own the place where so nice and couldn't do enough for us during our stay, they where trying to find us the best deals on all the attractions that where on, where great with our 3 girls and made sure that we had everything that we needed as we had our 8 week old baby with us. Rooms where very cosy and clean, beds where so comfy. Breakfast was so yummy and filled us up for our day ahead, girls where offered whatever they wanted for breakfast in the morning. On our departure as our car had to be moved off the road at 8 in the morning one of the ladies stood for a good hour outside watching our car to make sure we didn't get a ticket whilst we packed :) they really are lovely!! We enjoyed our stay so much that we will be returning at some point next year! Thanks so much guys!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My Husband and I stayed for a last minute break booked via late rooms at £30 which was excellent value for money.The owners were friendly throughout the stay.
The room was clean but a little dated and bathroom was very good with lovely hot powerful shower and clean towels. We even had toiletries and slippers in the room and good selection on the tea and coffee tray.
The lounge was relaxing with a cheap bar....less than half the price of the bar at The Imperial Hotel !!!
Complimentary newspapers in the lounge was a nice touch.
The breakfast was excellent and exceeded some of the more affluent hotels we had stayed in.
The only down side was the weather....pouring rain :(

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived here as part of a hen night, on arrival we were told we were in rooms of SIX!!! After paying for another room a friend and I stayed in our own room, well where do I start!!
On walking into the hotel there was an awful smell and there were cigarette butts all over the floor, the woman on the reception couldn't even use the credit card machine so we had to go find a cash machine, we were shown to our room, (believe me I wasn't expecting a lot at this time) but when we walked in, it was AWFUL! Had we not been on a hen night in a ,arge group I would have left and gone home.
The window was covered in bird poo and there were loads of seagulls nesting above the room, the bird poo was smeared and engrained into th glass, only covered by the yellow and smelly net curtains.
The room contained 1 double and 2 twin beds the twin beds had dirty bedding on and the tea and coffee making facilities were I replenished, the floor was dirty and left bits all over your feet (we then never took out does off) the "ensuite" was horrific, shower fixtures half hanging off the wall and you could wash your hands whilst on the toilet and having a shower it was that small, black mould on the floor and only 1 towel ins room that can potentially sleep 4...
Breakfast was a stale greasy affair with cheap quality deep fried rubbish...
Would I stay again? Not even if you paid me!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crompton Hotel? Share your experiences!