“Rubbish” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ripley's Believe It Or Not!

Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
Units 5&6 Ocean Blvd | Pleasure Beach, Blackpool FY4 1EZ, England
01253 341033
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 26 Attractions in Blackpool
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and i managed to get half price tickets for this attraction. Unfortunately that was still too much. I went to the attraction about 12 years ago and nothing seems to have changed. Don't waste your money and go somewhere else.

Visited October 2013

Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Better than I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'd only read a couple of reviews of the London one on here and had read nothing at all of the Blackpool one. The London site doesn't seem to be very popular, so I wasn't going to go in here, but when I saw "Todays offer £6" rather than the usual "£12" I decided to take a chance and I'm glad I did!

I was surprised at the quality of the models etc to be honest. I'm not sure why, but I had low expectations of these, but the detail on them was great! There's also LOADS to see and read as you go around. Probably too much to be honest as it's hard to take it all in, but seemingly everywhere you looked there was something to see or read.

I did find it to be a little small though, even though there is so much in there! As I got to the gift shop I thought to myself "is that it?" but that was because I'd found it all so interesting and I was hoping it would be a little bit larger.

Well worth a visit, but set aside a couple of hours and not the 40 minutes or so that I'd allocated myself as it wasn't long enough really. Worth the £6 but I'm not sure I'd be happy paying £12.

Visited October 2013
Barnsley
20 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My partner & I found some of the things interesting and spent a good hour walking round. For example the "Shrunken Head" exhibition along with video showing how they did it! argh..that was gruesome to say the least..

The price we paid was £4pp due to a discount voucher that we had got. We would not have been happy having paid the full £12pp as we don't deem the attraction worth that amount.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Good for the right person”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ripley's is strange to me (beside the fact of what its about), i went there after my girlfriends brothers family go to Blackpool a lot and go to Ripley's each time it seems as there two kids love it, and it was in fact the two kids that wanted us to go as we all were in Blackpool, we had discount vouchers which got printed off before we came (i recommend anyone thinking of going here does this) which made it £10 for me and my girlfriend and i was willing to pay this for us both but no more after seeing it all. It has some very interesting information and being someone that loves facts it started off very well but as it went on and on it just seemed to be a lot of reading and i noticed i knew a lot of it, my girlfriend isn't a massive fan of facts and only found her interested here and there as we went round. Over all i think its a place for certain people to go or as something to do to fill part of the day, i am glad i went in but wouldn't return every time i went to Blackpool. Worth it at the discounted rate.

Chester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Went here September 28th, it's interesting enough in parts, some cool stuff, also some boring stuff though, cost £6 each per adult to get in, we was in there around the 45 min mark