“Very friendly and clean place” 5 of 5 stars

South Crest Hotel
359 Promenade | South Shore, Blackpool FY1 6BJ, England   |
Ranked #819 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Very friendly and clean place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and two 7 year old kids we enjoy our stay room was clean they used white linen that's look fresh and we stayed in room no 8beds very comfortable and breakfast really very delicious nd well cooked.Dee and Pam they both are very nice and helpfull they are very busy still they always smile with the guests we r really thankfully both of you and see you in oct again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
stoke-on-trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

stayed here with my husband,friends and two 12 yearolds,hotel very dated but our room was clean as was the towels, bedding and bathroom.Our friends room was very tiny for a family room with two double bed end to end( we all called it the cupbroad) as it was so small.Breakfast was what ever was on the plate you did'nt get a choice.Staff were very friendly.Parking was no problem as there are spaces right outside hotel.Really does need updateing as being right on the front it's an ideal spot to stay!!

Room Tip: Can be bit noisy in rooms at front of hotel!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

please do not book this hotel ,overflowing bin as you walk in carpets dirty we were waiting for other family members to arrive and asked to use the loo .My mum was told to use a toilet in a down stairs room it was filthy rubbish on the floor,it stank of unwashed people and there was poo on the floor behind the toilet.We did not even look at the rooms,we went to find another hotel i asked for my deposit back ,i did not get it .I think that is the only way he makes any money.We had four children with us but i would have gone home than have stayed in that hotel .

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed her for 1 night with my fiancé It has to be said that the staff were very nice just wish the hotel was nice out bed was broken our tv had no remote control and the tv was unwatchable due to the brightness which couldn't be fixed as I said we had no remote for it our only light that lite the room didn't work the wallpaper was falling off the wall n dirty also the dust on the mirror and headboard was disgusting. Was the worst night sleep my fiancé and I have ever had only I attended breakfast and as I sat down I was asked of I wanted a cooked breakfast and within a couple of minutes I heard the microwave ping as I sat right next to the kitchen door and my breakfast appeared on my table in front of me.we payed £38 for 1 night for the 2 of us and to be honest it was a rip off wish we had just drove down and picked a hotel when we got there.I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a homeless person

• Stayed August 2012
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The one bed in the twin room was completely broken and was unable to be slept in. Somebody had tried to repair it very unsuccessfully so the proprietor must have known it was broken and this must have been mentioned previously. The window handle was snapped off and therefore the window could not be secured which was not ideal as there was a flat roof outside and was to the back of the hotel. We did not expect anything fantastic as the price was fairly cheap. However the facilities not up to standard. Issues consisted of chipped/cracked sinks, badly tarnished mirrors and bathroom wall units almost falling off the wall, flickering strip lights, rusty showerhead and was up to my ankles with water as the shower took ages to empty, mouldy shower curtains etc. The beds and bathrooms were clean but the rest of the areas lacked a good cleaning. Nets were so dusty they were almost black etc. There was a general lack of care towards the paying guest and although the proprietor tried to be helpful there was a certain air of aggression. It felt as though you got as little as they could get away with. Breakfast was an experience in itself. Although the food wasn't too bad it was pot luck as to what you got and what order you were served in by the smiling friendly staff! The place was just not very welcoming and we too were annoyed by the card charges when paying by debit (not credit) card. This applies to both the deposit and the actual payment. The photos on the website must be quite old as they do not reflect the real situation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed there for two night, I booked before I read the reviews and was dreading it because of some of the reviews. However when I got there I was quite surprised, it actually wasn't that bad, yes it is a bit dated decor wise, the twin room I shared with my daughter was clean, the toilet was acceptably clean, with plenty of loo rolls supplied and soaps, plastic cups and very clean white towels. The shower cubicle was spotless with no grime on actually Walls or basin, there was some slight marking to the bottom of the shower curtain but generally I looked newly fitted. There was ample teas, cups etc and kettle, the tv was over the bottom of one bed, high up so watching tv after my daughter fell asleep was a bit of a strain as she got the better bed. There were loads of coat hangers n drawer space for smaller items, so no complaint for short stays. The main lounge area was basic but had what you needed, big telly, pool table, puggies and a bar, one resident did complain that the bar closed at 9 but it's still June and not quite their busy period but I could see it from both sides, he was a paying customer. The carpets in main hall stair was a bit marked but was clearly wear and tear, the dinning room was nice, clean and the breakfast were hearty and well cooked and presented, so again no complaints. The couple themselves were really nice and welcoming and my daughter enjoyed playing with their daughter which was great as she was missing her friends. The beach was straight across the road which was a hit with my daughter who spent both night playing on the beach as we had brilliant weather both nights, so running across the road soaking wet to get dried and changed was perfect and I'm sure she added more stains to their hall carpets. The improvements to the promenade were great, looks pretty impressive, however go one street back and I was horrified at the number of closed and run down shops that pepper the houses and shops, it's so sad as I remember spending time in these shops that were joke shops and quirky wee clothes shops, that's a loss. I think that some of the reviews were a bit harsh, I do believe that the owners have read the reviews and acted on some of them so, you've got to give them that as I knew what I had to be looking out for and yes there are some minor things like stiff taps and poor water flow but again not the worst thing I thought I would be dealing with. Overall I had a nice time, the place was acceptable for what you pay, can't fault the couple or their service and if your looking for a smaller b n b then this is okay so don't believe the reviews that tear it to pieces, it's really not a true reflection and I think that they have been really unrealistic of what you get for your money in Blackpool. I would stay again as the location couldn't be any better, either way major attractions, across the road an amazing promenade and viewing platform for enjoying the beach and views, perfect, you get what you pay for so yes it gets a good review from me, oh and the bedding was spotless and brilliant White, well done owners for taking on board previous negative comments

Room Tip: More suited for those looking for quieter accommodation
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Not a very warm welcome. Debit card charges a rip-off (£2 online and then £2 when paying on arrival). Two adults and two children, staying in a very small room with two very small (3/4 size) double beds. Had requested a sea view, but got the back of the hotel. The carpets hadn't been hoovered for a while, especially under the beds. Top sheets used as mattress sheets so didn't cover the minging mattresses properly. Mattresses were lumpy and old, didn't get any sleep. In between the wardrobe and chest of drawers was food and complimentary packets of tea bags. Plugs in the plug sockets were slimy. Toilet seat needs replacing and the shower curtain had mould at the bottom of it. We were supposed to be staying two nights and paid £154 (total rip off) for the stay. Says on the website and on booking confirmation that they offer free WiFi. When I went to ask for the passcode, I was told that they charge £5 per day. When I told the guy that it clearly states free WiFi he finally gave me the code. Ended up leaving at 8am the next morning, not even telling them we were leaving and booked into the Travelodge. Very disappointed!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to South Crest Hotel? Share your experiences!