“A warm welcome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #164 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have just stayed here at The Seacroft and what a fantastic time we had, the hosts was very welcoming and obliging, nothing was to much trouble for them.Our rooms were spacious and very clean. They have a well stocked bar which is cosy and warm. We would recommend this guesthouse to anybody and we will be looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Close to all amenities,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter S, Owner at The Seacroft, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for your lovely review, we really enjoyed having you stay with us and spending time with you in our bar. We hope you come back soon. PS the new clock arrived the next day, Sod's law. lol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Having stayed in some very dubious B&B's in Blackpool in the past I once vowed I would never take the risk again, and would normally chose a Premier Inn/Travelodge/Ibis, as you know what to expect. However after reading some excellent reviews on The Seacroft I decided to give it a go, and my wife and myself have just returned from a great weekend stay.
To say we were more than pleasantly surprised with the hotel would be an understatement. The room was large, well decorated, had a very comfortable bed and above all was spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making facilities were available, and, unusually I thought for a small hotel, an ironing board and hair dryer were also supplied. The bathroom was also spotless with a good sized shower and some nice little touches like toiletries and cotton buds.
Breakfast was continental, which was fine for us and set us up nicely for the day.
Most of all however what made the stay was the friendliness of the two guys who own and run the hotel, Steven and Peter, right from the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome, and it felt like nothing was too much trouble for them. After discussing some mutual interests I actually returned home with a book given to me by Pete, which I have already made a start on, and will return on my next stay.
To summaries if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel/B&B in Blackpool, I would highly recommend The Seacroft. Well done guys for a clean well run and friendly hotel, you should be proud of what you have achieved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter S, Owner at The Seacroft, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We are pleased that we lived up to your expectations, we do try to be ahead of the pack and aim to provide a high level of service to all guests. PS. Hope you find the book interesting and informative. We hope to see you again sometime.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I had actually written a review for this fab B&B on the day I checked out.. For some reason it didn't save, so here it is again.. But not as long and if you read a review or two down my friend Jennifer had said everything I would have said!
This B&B is spotless. It is also very homely and ran very professionally by Pete and Steve who are both lovely guys! They could not do enough to make our short stay a great one!
Very large rooms that are well maintained, with comfy beds, a fridge to keep some juice, milk ect, large flat screen tv, and an ironing board and iron! And enough room to dance about while getting ready for a night out lol..
Great continental breakfast.. Ideal for me and my friend Jen who didn't fancy the greasy fry up you get in most places!
Lovely bar area with outstanding prices and to top it off, a nice seating area outside to enjoy your drink in the sun!
The Seacroft is in walking distance to lots of main attractions and trams are only a few minutes walk away! The pleasure beach is away at the opposite end so may want to get the tram along!
Would I stay at this B&B again? Definitely.. Not just for the above comments but also because Pete and Steve are probably the most nicest, hard working, B&B owners I have ever come across. Nothing was a bother to them and they made me and Jennifer feel at home and in my book you can't beat that feeling.. So thank you Pete and Steve for everything and I wish you both all the success with your little gem of a B&B..
Colette x

• Stayed September 2013
Peter S, Owner at The Seacroft, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
A big thank you from us both for not only writing us a review, not just once, but twice, lol. Glad you liked your stay so much and hope you visit us again soon.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Hi,
Just wanted to say how much I loved staying at the Seacroft last Friday. Have only stayed in a B&B in Blackpool once before and it was horrible. My room at the Seacroft was nothing like that one. It was beautiful, clean and tidy and the owners went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The chat at breakfast was friendly and not forced like some places.
Thank you for a wonderful stay. Hopefully my next visit to Blackpool will be soon and you can be assured it will be the Seacroft I use again. Thanks again.

David

Peter S, Owner at The Seacroft, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi David, thank you for a lovely review, it was a pity you could only stay the one night. We do really try to please at the Seacroft, and it is nice to know our efforts are appreciated. Don't forget your shorts next time you come to see us.
Clydebank, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I don't even know where to begin with the praise I have for this hotel!

Myself and my friend had booked a little break for the September weekend in Blackpool, originally staying at the Norbreck Castle Hotel. We quickly cancelled those reservations and stumbled across The Seacroft Hotel on Booking.com. The main point that attracted us to the accommodation was the incredible prices for a 2 night stay for one of the most busy weekends of the year! What made it for us was the great reviews and the pictures! I'm not going to lie, I was a bit worried as the hotel was advertised as a gay run hotel, but when it says straight friendly, it really was! I felt so comfortable and welcome! I'd say next time we are down, Steve, Pete...we need to all go out for a drink! Haha!

When we first arrived, we were pleasantly welcomed by Pete, who invited us to the bar area where we met Steve! A very smooth check-in procedure and we were given some advice on where to visit while we were in Blackpool. We were then helped up to our room where everything was explained on how to work the gadgets in our room. I knew straight away we had made the best decision to book the Seacroft! Everything was so homely!

Our room had excellent facilities, 2 large Single Beds, Chest of Drawers, Wardrobe, Fridge, Safety Box, TV, Shower, Hairdryer and Ironing Board to only name a few!! Everything worked perfectly! The beds were extremely comfortable, I didn't encounter a broken sleep at all.

Once we had settled in, myself and my friend bought a drink from the bar, a pint bottle of Bulmers at an amazing price of £2.50! We went outside to sit at the table and chairs provided to enjoy the lovely day outside.

On our second day, we were welcomed with a lovely Good Morning wish from the guys and we spent all day at the attractions. When we got home, we were extremely tired and decided that we would spend the night in our hotel room with some food and the TV! The room was so comfortable and homely it just felt like a sleepover party at a friends house! When we asked if it would be ok to bring some food back to our room, the guys told us it wouldn't be a problem. In fact, they also provided us with some trays, plates and cutlery so we didn't have to eat out of our takeaway trays! I was very impressed! During that night, I heard no disturbance of other guests coming home from a night out. Everything was perfect!

Breakfast was served in the morning with a huge selection of breakfast cereals, toast, cheeses, meats, cakes, tea/coffee and fruit. This is another selling point for myself as waking up to a greasy fried breakfast is not something I enjoy. It also gave us time to get to know the owners and the other guests who were staying at the hotel. Pete who served us breakfast couldn't have been anymore helpful or accommodating!

As my friend and I were looking to go to the Dungeons in the morning before we had to go home, Pete and Steve kindly held onto our luggage for a few extra hours. I honestly cannot praise you enough, your hospitality and premises is if not the only reason then the main reason I would return to Blackpool! You do not receive the praise you deserve and I will definitely be back to your hotel in the near future! Keep up the good work boys! You have a lovely Guesthouse and wish you every success!

Room Tip: All rooms are immaculate and are of high standard for whatever your needs.
Peter S, Owner at The Seacroft, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
WoW What a fantastic review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. It was a pleasure having you both stay, we hope to see you again, but in the meantime good luck with your new job.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My mates and I went down for a weekend away in Blackpool (a place we have gone for many years now!). What a delight to find a hotel which had everything we could have asked for. (cleanliness, professional, friendly staff, who didn't mind a good chuckle with us, great room with loads of space, a bar, and dining/seating area which was most accommodating).

We were really impressed with the service we got from both Peter and Steve, who from start to finish couldn't have been any more helpful. (by the way, thanks Peter for doing my room early evening as I had a long lie in,lol!).

From the initial courteous welcome, explanation of all the administration, helping us with our luggage, taking us to our rooms and serving at the bar, to the final 'farewells', what can we say?
BEST EVER!

I can reassure anyone wishing to book with this hotel, that everything on their website is the genuine article. The rooms we were in were massive and catered for our needs. (especially someone like me who likes plenty of space to get ready of an evening, and a shower where you can actually move). Not like some where you feel like you are in a sardine tin!

Hope to get along again soon to meet you 2 guys again,and best of luck in the future!

Room Tip: All rooms had a good location. I like a room at the front that looks onto the main road.
Peter S, Owner at The Seacroft, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks for your lovely review, we loved getting to know you, we had a great laugh as you are a total scream. It was a pleasure meeting you and we are truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back and see us soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

stayed here for two nights with a friend , premier room and his kingsiize were outstanding clean well equipped ie hair dryer,safe,fridge iron ironing board cut glass glasses and bottled water in my room the two guys could not do enough for u ,peter and steve were friendly chatty and always on hand ,don't let the continental breakfast put u off pleanty of things to choose from ,and much more healthier for such a short time doing this they are doing it well other guests agreed with our findings WELL DONE LADS keep it up ps CHECK IT OUT

Room Tip: worth extra expense book the premier room or king size saying that some doubles are large but being...
Peter S, Owner at The Seacroft, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks for such a positive review. We are pleased that we were able to make your stay a good one and we hope you get to live your dream. Look forward to seeing you again.

Been to The Seacroft? Share your experiences!