“Hotel Avante Closed - Try Westbourne House (next road up!)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Avante

Hotel Avante
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Avante
You added Hotel Avante to your Saves list
29 - 31 Albert Rd, Blackpool FY1 4TA, England   |
Ranked #797 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Hotel Avante Closed - Try Westbourne House (next road up!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Sadly this hotel is up for auction - HOWEVER - Vance Road (next street up from this one) is the home of WESTBOURNE HOUSE - your home by the sea! Check out our reviews - we would love to turn any negative opinions from this hotel into positive ones with ourselves

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
bromsgrove
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

went there on a stag weekend, it is the biggest dump ive ever been to in my life!!! It was total chaos, the landlady looked harder than Mike Tyson. The keys didnt fit the door when I complained the landladys daughter came up and kicked the door in!! She said someone would fix it later, never happened. There was 5 burly lads put in a 12x12 foot room. If you kept dogs here the RSPCA would shut it down. The breakfast was at a really early time for just half hour knowing full well that nobody would be able to make it. Shower didnt work the wardrobe was falling a part!! Need I go on? For this I had to pay 70quid for 2 nights!! Please do not go there it is horrendous!!

Room Tip: They are all crap
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

one word - HORRENDOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just came back from a night in hotel avante, never again! got to our room we had no lights no handle on the bathroom door no electric!!! was told they would sort it for when we came back later on in the evening . we came back 5 hours later still no electric we had to straightener our hair in the bar !!!! luckily it wasnt dark so we could still do our make up without needing a light!! got in about 1am i needed to charge my phone up because it was completley flat so went to the bar to charge it ( still no electric in room ) and the lady that was working there ask me my room number because if im charging my phone up my she will charge me for the electric !! after a while she did say she was joking but i didnt find it funny !! can't comment on the breakfast because we got up and left. And also we was woken up with people screaming and shouting because their was a big fight in the bar!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
St Helens, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Absolute nightmare me and 3 friends went here 3 weeks ago we got a family room which was horrendous. there was no tea making facilities there was no handle on the toilet door there was no towels and it smelled of stagnent water. We went out at 1pm and returned at 1am it was very noisy in the bar area; our aim was to get an earlish nighht and stay in blackpool the next day untill 10pm however that was not possible as we were kept awake till 5.45am because the music and noise was so loud and our room was directly above the bar. we went to breakfast to be given 1piece of cold bacon, an egg that wasnt cooked and a piece of fried bread it was disgusting we couldnt wait to get out of the place. when we were leaving we told the lady at reception a few of our qualms and asked for our deposits of £20 each that we had to leave along with our payment of £25 each for the room. we will never visit this hotel again it made the hotel from the inbetweeners movie look 5 star.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I always read reviews to make sure where I'm stopping is pretty ok, I'm easily pleased when I'm going to a hotel for just a place to put my head, but this place was vile. We traveled 2 hours to be told they hadn't actually booked our rooms! Service was terrible, our friends slept in a single bed! Rooms were falling apart and covered in damp. While we was there handles fell off, and the shower door fell off! I would NEVER stay here again! Ever. Id rather sleep in the car.

• Stayed September 2012
Essex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE REVIEW AS EVERYTHING IS NEEDED TO BE READ!!!

We used this hotel for my stag and it was booked cheap and cheerful! My friend and I shared a room where the bedroom light didn't work and neither did the en-suite light and the shower head was broken off so we washed using the shower hose! We also found the carpet up and various stains and holes around the walls and doors! We also had no remote for the telly and had to use a friends remote to get it on. The beds were greatly comfortable although 2 of my stag party can't vouch for this as they didn't spend much time in them as they were using the 24 hour bar until half 6 in the morning!!!

HOWEVER, with all this put aside the staff of Mum, Big T and Em are amazing people and great fun was had by all and I would recommend this hotel for any hen/stag do as you are right on the water front and honestly there is a 24 hour McDonalds opposite!

The weekend I had was great and the hotel was perfect for what we wanted, bar a working shower, but a warning comes DO NOT challenge Big T to a drinking challenge as she WILL win!

Room Tip: Turn up and take whatever they give you put luck makes the weekend more fun!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights here with 7 other girls on my sisters hen do. We had 2 rooms which were basic but what do you expect for £25 per night?! Literally 2 minutes walk from the tower and front (and Primark!), a 24hr Mcdonalds on the end of the road. Breakfast was at 9.30am until 10am and was served within a couple of minutes, extra tea and toast wasn't an issue either. The staff were lovely, we couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hotel Avante? Share your experiences!