“You get what you pay for ” 3 of 5 stars

You added Barrons Hotel to your Saves list
Barrons Hotel
58 - 60 Hornby Road, Blackpool FY1 4QJ, England   |
Ranked #610 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“You get what you pay for ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Booked a family room. Very very small and in need of update. Larger people would struggle, only one of us could move at a time. Wardrobe very unstable.needed to be weighted down. The bathroom door didn't shut but shower worked well. Breakfast ok and staff pleasant. Excellent location though and parking included. Bar was never open when we got in except one morning after breakfast! Basically ok as all we did was sleep in room so if that's what you're after book it.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Flintshire, Wales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I was organising a joint birthday celebration for 9/10 friends so after spending a couple of hours trawling through the minefield of blackpool hotels i came across the Barrons Hotel.The reviews looked good and was ideally placed, but most of all were able to accmodate all of us. I called directly and booked 5 rooms and offered to pay in full over the phone to secure the rooms. I was clearly told that this wasnt nessesary and the rooms were reserved for us all, but to call back the following day to confirm if 9 or 10 were going to be in the party which i did. The owner said he was busy on the bar and assured me that everything was fine, but would call me back later. Three days past and nothing, so i called again to be told that the rooms hadnt been taken off Booking.com and someone else had now taken them. Presumably because the owner had forgotten to take them off the website.They admitted there mistake and apologied and offered to find me an alternative in the area for the same price. I waited a further 24 hours and still havent heard from them, so i tried calling them again numerous times to no avail. This really has left us in a mess now with just 5 days til we are meant to be in blackpool. I am sure the good reviews are well worthy however my experience was far from five star. I hope they get there orgainisation skills sorted in the future.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Haydock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Had a great stay thanks to the new owners, Phil & Margaret for making the hotel a great place for a really enjoyable holiday, we will definitely be returning! Glad there a new owners as the hotel had a brilliant location but last time we visited our visit was not enjoyable. Excited to be back soon.

John, Jayne & Jake Smith

Thanks!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

First time in Blackpool for 20 yrs and was worried when booking a hotel incase of a bad hotel as there are quite a few, couldn't have been more wrong both magg's and Phil where lovely, beds comfortable and rooms very clean, we booked both double and twin rooms the twin being bigger, good location about a 10 minute walk to the tower,parking front and rear which is a big bonus (make sure you reserve a space) also great breakfast and I will definitely stay again. Very friendly

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Hurlford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel Friday 26th and Saturday 27th September, 2 Adults and 1 Child and I would highly recommend it, The room was comfortable, Plenty of tea and coffee, The owners and staff could not do enough for us, The breakfasts were excellent and plentiful. Nice relaxing bar for a drink in the evening, All in all a great stay, Many thanks Margaret and her staff

Room Tip: A great hotel with car park if required you will not be dissapointed
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

After looking at reviews on trip advisor I decided to book this hotel for a weekend away to Blackpool for the end of Sept.

Unfortunately at the beginning of Sept we had to cancel this trip & we are still waiting on our refund which I think is terrible.

I booked this hotel through booking.com & they have been helpful with trying to sort this out for me. Booking.com spoke to the hotel & at first I was told the refund had been done back to my card, but this was never received. Upon asking for proof I was then told that the person who deals with refunds is on holiday (bearing in mind I asked for refund over 3 weeks ago) & that they would send me a cheque out.

To be able to say that they would send me a cheque must prove that they lied in the first place telling me the refund had been done.

Iv never wrote a bad review on trip advisor before and as a regular who goes to Blackpool a few times a year, I will never book this hotel again as think it's terrible I'm still left waiting on my money back!!!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

We have just arrived home from blackpool after a lovely weekend . Our first night we booked into a horrendous B/B so when passing the Barrons we asked if they had a room for the night and luckily they did . The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable . The shower hot and there was no noise during the night . The breakfast a full cooked breakfast was delicious . The owners were attentive and very pleasent . Well worth a visit

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Barrons Hotel? Share your experiences!