“fabulous !!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“fabulous !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

enjoyed my four nite stay here immensely ,nothing too much trouble for staff ,food fabulous ,service with a smile ,even have an ironing room,very handy for trams and buses,i hope to be visiting this hotel again in the near future

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Indonesian first
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Staff are very friendly. Its a very clean hotel. The rooms are in need of refurbishment but everything you need is there and the beds are comfy. The shower is very good. I can't comment on the food because we were too hungover for breakfast however my cousin was here not long before us and she said the food was great although you get small portions. If you are travelling a short distance to get here then its worth knowing that check in isn't until 2.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at sheraton lodge for 4nyts with my parents, son & nephew. Check-in ran smoothly, although we had requested rooms close together bt we gt rooms on seperatr floors! Spoke to reception about it & we were moved the nxt day. The room i was moved to had a bed like a bouncy castle, far to soft & over used! The selection for meals were good, although the crocery wasnt at the cleanist i hav ever seen, i work in the catering industry & no way would i use the disgusting glasses u were given to use at breakfast, 2 morning in a row i had 2 ask for clean glasses, the 1st morning the girl washed them no problem, on the second morning i asked a boy to wash 2 glasses, he returned from the kitchen with none, too which my nephew commented "they must not hav any clean ones". The supervisor or manager came over and took 2 of 3 trays of dirty glasses away to get washed while i was still waiting on my cleans ones that i never got! Bowls for cereal had dried bits of food on them aswell, not good atall sheraton! The 5 of us that were on holiday hav all ended up with the cold, i just hope its not a result of poor cleanliness!!

• Stayed August 2014
Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I never particularly enjoyed staying at the Hotel Sheraton . The service was very poor and the rooms were not that nice - neither the bathrooms . It was not too clean either . However the breakfast was nice and excellent ! There is also no wifi included if you wanted to know .

Stayed August 2014
Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Hotel Sheraton was an overall good hotel and would have been more than average if some monies were spent on upgrading. Check-in was seamless with room being available when we arrived at 2.50pm. We did not ask for a sea view room however based on what we paid Breaks To Go I thought we would have had a better room. Our room was 138 and appeared to look onto back of hotel and windows of other rooms. The room was very warm and had new windows however due to the style of these you could only open the small "hopper" windows at top and after them being constantly open for 7 nights it did not get cooler. It was also a dark room so we needed lights on when in room during the day. The carpet in the main area just before entering the bathroom was threadbare and kept me thinking there was paper/mess on the carpet!! only a matter of time until that is a safety hazard. The bedroom was very dated with an old fashioned dado rail and there was no black out curtains so we woke when sun up at 4.30am. The toilet had seen better days and the grout needed done again and there was a suspicious looking mark on the tiles beside the toilet brush. The bed and sheets were fine and the cleaner did come in every day to make the beds and change towels and mop bathroom floor.
Downstairs in the main areas was fine with sofas etc for watching tele or utilising the free Wi-Fi.
The restaurant food was lovely though with a fussy 7 year old eater who did not like the childrens menu but to be honest that was just her as the chicken nuggets etc were the bog standard kids food. The only problem we had was the waitress whose first language was clearly not English failing to understand us when we asked for a drink and it took until the 4th or 5th night for a member of the bar staff to attend our table to ask if we wanted to buy a drink. This was not explained in any of the literature and we felt this could have been explained. With most hotels where only the food is included you are usually asked at the table if you wanted a drink therefore we expected this. The nice touch was that you have the same table for all your stay and this was explained on our first night. For breakfast it was cereal and porridge then fried English breakfast and toast and we could not fault it. The only thing was this was the same for the 7 days and it would have been nice for the odd day to be offered a continental breakfast - ie - crossaints etc.
For dinner it was the usual meat and veg or fish and a vegetarian option and the veg changed every day which was nice - the soup seemed to be tomato or cream of tomato a lot of the days though. Sweets changed daily too and three different choices.
The entertainment at night started at 8pm with the kids entertainers and again we could not fault them and all the kids seemed to enjoy the usual balloon tricks etc. I felt it was a bit short though and could have perhaps went on until 9.30 perhaps. You were just enjoying the banter and it was time to finish for BINGO - must be the most unsociable event!! It was cash bingo right enough and seemed to please most guests - if you did not participate your night was basically over especially when you have kids and don't want to trail down to busy part of town. After bingo it was time for night time entertainer which we did not see but did defo hear from the room as they were crooning away. I think again this person was not on for long either that or they sent us to sleep in our room!! Could have been heat right enough that knocked us out.
The indoor pool when entering looks clean however whilst you are in water again you cant help but notice that dirty grout which needs replacing - the floors etc were clean enough though.
Quite a small pool and after a family of 4 loud kids entered without a guardian we had to leave - they were screaming and shouting.
The hotel is across the busy road from the tram stop going both ways which was handy and the trams are very reliable and regular - it would be well worth having passes for the week as they are needed daily to get down to the Tower and Pleasure Beach etc. Also a bus stop however we never used as we had tram passes for the week.
Round the corner is a Nisa and chemist which were handy. Next door was also Uncle Toms Cabin which does food and drink and has a small childrens play area which is handy in this area as there appeared to be no close by parks around.
Overall we would return here again however not for 7 nights but perhaps a weekend or 4 days.

Room Tip: If you can afford it get a sea view room - they are an extra £5.00 pppn.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton Hotel from 1st to 4th August with my Mum & 7 yr old son who is autistic. The hotel was clean, great food but very basic & rooms very old fashioned..really need redecorated!!! Entertainment good but not on long enough..kids entertainer was on for longer. Entertainment stopped between 11 & 11.15pm, which we thought was very poor for Blackpool!! Male bar staff very unpleasant, not very helpful at all!!! Karen, female staff member, was the only one we could honestly say was 100% pleasant, helpful in every sense of the word!! The staff were not forthcoming when it came to my son. He has a special diet & It seemed like an inconvenience to restaurant staff when it came to meal times!!! We would NOT return to this hotel...have stayed in better for a lot less!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Willenhall, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed here with my partner to have a simple getaway for a few days. It wasn't meant to be anything special as we mainly came for the Pleasure Beach and then few drinks whilst out etc.

When we got there, checked in, room was nice. Nothing spectacular but it was a sea view superior as we'd requested, beds were comfy and the room was clean, which was acceptable.

The next morning we had breakfast, but we found this disappointing both mornings we were there. I expect a lot more choice as I've had at a number of hotels before. There was a few cereals to choose from, minimal (tinned) fruit (not fresh) and some juices to help yourself to. The breakfast menu was then simply smoked kippers or a full English. Although the food was cooked nice, there was hardly anything on my plate. It was one sausage, one piece of bacon, one egg and a spoon of beans and a piece of fried bread. IMO this is not a standard breakfast but more a kids sized meal. My 3 year old son could eat that fine by himself. The waitress on the first morning was very moody too and barely even gave us eye contact or a smile the whole time she served us.

After spending our couple of days there, we came to check out when leaving, and then discovered that our car was blocked in. The parking facilities at the hotel are shocking. They have the front on the main road, which is fine, but was also full when we arrived. We went to the side where there was only one car parked but it did state on the wall that we could be blocked in if we wish to travel in the day. No one warned us what time we would need to notify them or gave us a parking pass (when the other cars did). There were about 12 cars parked around us and to get out, we'd need 3 each time to move for us to get out. It took us 6 hours to be able to then get out of the 'car park' after staff eventually located some of the residents who were able to move their cars.

Now I understand that at times things are out of the staffs control, but what annoyed me was the lack of help that one certain woman was giving, and then she went and lied to my face about it! The first young girl I spoke to asked me to get the registrations of the cars that would need moving, then said the keys had gone for them so they were out for the day. We decided to go out for a couple of hours anyway as this was our plan when checking out in the first place, before we needed to be elsewhere in the afternoon. We came back at the time we originally planned to see if any of the cars had moved to be able to get out but still nothing had changed. I then spoke to another lady, who was older, maybe in her 40s/50s - when she said the residents were still out, I then said could you not at least call the numbers of the residents to see if they were local and could move the cars for us. She then told that they don't keep phone numbers! Which straight away I knew was a lie as the younger girl had tried to call some of them, and pretty much every hotel I've ever stayed in when booking (including this one) takes you contact details upon booking! This is what annoyed me the most, that she lied to me and couldn't be bothered to even do anything to help us. When I said I had a 3 year old son to collect too she wasn't even bothered!

I had to leave before I lost my temper and went and sat in the lounge for a while to cool down as she'd wound me up and I knew me getting angry wouldn't help the situation. After an hour of still no communication (as she said she'd try call but didn't then come and speak to me about it, so I very much doubt she called anyone) - I went back to reception, and a different girl was there who told me one resident had come back (but we still needed the others to move there's too as we were sandwiched between a few of them). She then called all the other residents with no luck but left messages with all their keys, so they knew to remove their car when they arrived back at the hotel. Eventually, 3 came back at the same time and we were able to get out.

If it wasn't for Jemma (the young girl who took over) and Alison (Asst Manager) then this hotel would be getting a bad review over all. They went out their way to help resolve the issue and did what they could to help us, even though some of it was out of their hands. I highly recommend speaking to Jemma where possible if you end up with a problem in the future.

If you are going to stay in this hotel, DON'T park down the side of the building if you have somewhere to be, as you could be like us and be stuck there for another 6 hours later than you planned to be. I advise that the hotel should review it's parking situation and have this changed to avoid unhappy customers in future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sheraton? Share your experiences!