“A VERY ENJOYABLE STAY - THANKS!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Corona

Save Saved
You added The Corona to your Saves list
The Corona
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   18 - 20 Clifton Dr | South Beach area, near Pleasure Beach, Blackpool FY4 1NX , England   |
Offers & Announcements
£50 (GBP)
Ranked #37 of 886 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Westbury, United Kingdom
“A VERY ENJOYABLE STAY - THANKS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My partner and I recently stayed at the Corona during a short break along with my parents in October. I was a little bit anxious about my stay in Blackpool at first as everybody kept telling me that Blackpool had the 'tack' factor and I wouldn't like it - which also made me dread what the accommodation would be like.

On arrival Paul checked us in and made us feel very welcome. We were assisted with our luggage and showed to our room, which although one of the smaller rooms was perfectly adequate, very clean, well decorated and comfortable.

I am a very fussy eater, as well as being vegetarian and wheat intolerant and I was dreading meal times. However nothing seemed to be to much trouble, Richard cooked a special course for me every evening and always checked with me the day before as to what I would like to eat .I wasn't made to feel awkward as I have done in the past elsewhere.

The location of this hotel is ideal as it is not right on the Blackpool front, so there were no issues with noise. There was plenty of parking. About 3 min walk from the beach front and a pleasant 45 minute walk along the front to the Blackpool Tower, Madame Tussuad's, Blackpool Dungeons and Town Centre. The Pleasure beach was only 10 min walk from the hotel and we had a really good day out there. I thoroughly enjoyed my early morning runs along the front knowing I would come back to enjoy a nice breakfast!

The whole customer experience/ service was exceptional and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Although Blackpool does have some elements of 'tack' to it, we all had a fun and enjoyable time.

I would definitely return to this hotel in the future and wouldn't hesitate in recommending to others.

Many Thanks to Paul and Richard, you have changed my opinion of Blackpool and run a lovely hotel. Katherine Wheeler and Alec Baldy (Westbury Wilts)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
trowbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Spent two nights at the Corona to see the lights and the pleasure beach. Great location with pleasure beach at the end of the road and the start of the lights round the corner. Also in a really quiet location so you know you'll get a good night's sleep.
Room smaller than expected but comfortable with good range of products in bathroom.
breakfast over cook first morning, a lot better the second
Owners very attentive
A little trouble parking car as only able to open one door to get in and out, had to unload car before parking the climb over passenger seat in morning

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

For the 3rd year running we stayed at the Corona for a tinsel and turkey weekend. The room was beautifully decorated and extremely clean and tidy. Paul, Richard and all the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our meals were excellent, especially the Saturday night "Christmas dinner". Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. Our hosts were very keen to make sure we had a great stay... and we did!! Thank you Richard, Paul and your staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Recently returned home after enjoying a fabulous weekend once again at the Corona. Paul once again you delivered a first class service to all of us, we felt very spoiled. Richard your Christmas decorations are the best I have seen for a long time. Trying to talk kev into bringing me back to sample the superior room because I'm worth it.!! Looking forward to seeing you both very soon in the New Year.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good but the superior rooms are well worth a look at.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
greenock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

booked this hotel after reading trip advisor,and was very very pleased.hotel is spotless ,great food,2 great hosts.i have been going to blackpool for years and cant tell you how good it is to find a good hotel.would defo say give it a try .ratings should be in top 10

Room Tip: try for superior rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We have just returned from this wonderful hotel celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. Paul & Richard were the most perfect hosts. This hotel is one of the best we have ever stayed in. They can not do enough for you. The cleanliness of the hotel, the decor and the food were outstanding. We will most definitely be returning to this hotel and I would recomend it to anyone wanting to visit Blackpool. Thanks Paul & Richard, Good luck for the future your hard work deserves all the credit. Rosie & Trev.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

had a fantastic weekend at the corona 4th to 6th november. 11 of us went there to celebrate my mothers 90th birthday. we all had a great time. Paul and Richard are great hosts nothing was too much trouble for them. the place was spotless and the food great. will definately stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
LancashirePaul, Owner at The Corona, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
It was our pleasure having the opportunity to look after your family, your mother is a wonderful lady, very inspirational indeed.
We take bookings through the year for family groups just like you; it’s fantastic to have a great hotel to stay knowing all the finer details will be taken care of.
Thank you so much for choosing the Corona and we will see you in the coming years to perhaps share another milestone birthday,
Warmest thanks
Paul

Been to The Corona? Share your experiences!