“WOW WHAT A PLACE...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kenley

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Kenley
You added The Kenley to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   29 St Chads Road, Blackpool FY1 6BP, England (Formerly Kenley Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
MANCHESTER
“WOW WHAT A PLACE...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The Kenley is fab from the moment you walk in the door.
Rooms atmosphere & Service are 2nd to none.
The biggest surprise for us was the excellent food we have ate in alot of places & the food here was breathtaking & a steal at 10 per head we had salads that were presented like a work of Art far too nice to eat but we did along with every course which was 100%.
It was my birthday weekend & Tony & Mike made it so so special I cannot rate this b & b highly enough if you visit Blackpool dont stay anywhere else we definately wont...
Although I suspect it will be very hard in the future as it will be so booked up & rightly so.!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

After reading the reviews, my partner and I called Friday morning, and were lucky to pick up a cancellation for this private hotel. Our hosts Tony and Mike made us feel instantly welcome on arrival with a cup of tea, biscuits, and directions to the nearby car park. Once settled in, we had a walk along the promenade to the Italian restaurant, found and recommended by Mike, which proved fantastic! The room, though small, was nicely decorated and equipped with a LCD TV and a new en-suite. The bed was firm but comfortable. We managed to sleep quite well for the two nights we were there. My partner prefers a softer pillow, and Mike was good enough to search for and provide this.

Breakfast the next morning, cooked by Tony, was excellent. We decided to take up the offer of an evening meal the Saturday at 10 pounds for three courses with choice. The soup was homemade and very tasty, the casserole chicken and fresh veg was great, and the desserts were a work of art and delicious.

The lounge with bar was very comfortable to sit in for either an afternoon read of the paper or a social gathering with drinks. It was no surprise to us to find Tony and Mike have many repeat customers, some of whom stay for a fortnight!

Though our stay was short, it proved thoroughly enjoyable. We would definitely recommend and would return anytime!

Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

This is the first time we have been to blackpool and the first hotel i have booked on my own. It is very modernly decorated and the food is simply gorgeous and filling. The location is not too far from the beach and close to the main attractions.
The bar in the hotel is also very very reasonably priced and I definately would come back here next time we visit blackpool.
DEFO NUMBER 1 :D

Jemma & Kirsty

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Well what can I stay I would never go to another hotel after staying at The Kenley.
Lovely hotel, the lounge and bar are really comfortable and stylish. It has been decorated to a high standard and very modern.
Mike and Tony who run the hotel are great, they are really nice and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.
The food is gorgeous I recommend you have the evening meal there. We ate there twice and it was truly gorgeous food.
The room was lovely too and had nice decor.
I wish a lot more hotels were as good as this as we have stayed at many and this is definitely the best.
If you are going to Blackpool then you must stay at The Kenley. We have already booked for next year.

Rochester N.Y. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

This Hotel was amazing. The Cuisine was prepared by Tony one of the owners. Everything was done to perfection From the delicious soups, to the delectable multi choice entrees. Finally finishing off with the most scrumptious desserts I have ever tasted. As for the accommodations, the Hotel was immaculate, and our room was very tastefully decorated. The bed was so comfortable that my husband & I slept like logs. The only thing that forced us out of bed in the morning was the aroma of Tony's amazing breakfast. Mike the other owner served us our meals, he was an absolute gem, and treated us like royalty. If you ever get the opportunity to visit Blackpool, you must stay at the Kenley everyone deserves to be treated this great on vacation. Finally about or fantastic hosts & owners Tony & Mike. what can I say we left the Kenley with 2 new found friends, whom we hope to keep in our lives for a long time. We were so blessed to have met them. Marie, Bill & Family Rochester N.Y. USA

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dunfermline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I've just returned from a short break with my 76yr old mother , and our stay at "The Kenley Hotel" 29 St Chads Road, Blackpool was wonderful, now this is a Hotel worth writing a review about.
From the first point of contact with Tony and Mike owners of this remarkable Hotel to our personal farewell from them both, it was a wonderful 3 days and worth every penny.

On arrival Tony asked if we would like a drink, tea coffee etc, mum had a coffee and me a cold drink, this was our welcome drink then Tony spent sometime asking about our journey before taking our evening meal order.

Tony then carried our luggage to our room, which to my mothers delight had a 32" LCD wall mounted T.V. with a King sized bed, the decor in the room was beautiful and very relaxing.

Meals were fantastic and the choice excellent, the cuisine was beautifully presented and delicious, Tony's presentation and personal touch was delightful and my mother remarked with every meal she was presented with as did I.

All meals were served in a beautiful dining room which was very modern and the Hotel Lounge was very relaxing with it's water features and tropical fish tank.

It's easy to see why this Hotel and it's owners Tony and Mike have won prestigious awards, nothing seemed to be problem, from my discussion with Tony regarding Theatre Tickets I wanted to purchase as a surprise for my mum, Tony offered to booked them and I would settle the cost on my arrival, to booking a hairdressers appointment for my mum and taxi's at anytime we required.

My mother is already discussing our return as she felt she had met new friends she would like to visit soon. It's easy to see why Tony and Mike have regular guests, that return time and time again, this is a Jewel of a Hotel with wonderful owners. I haven't stop talking about the wonderful hospitality of Tony and Mike.

midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

My wife and i visited the kenley from 24 to 28 August, from the moment we arrived Mike and Tony could'nt do enough for us. The room was spotlessly clean, the food was outstanding like a 5 star restaurant. The best hotel we have ever stayed in we will definately be going back. Very friendly and warm people cannot do enough for you. we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and Mike and Tony made it extra special. Made our holiday.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kenley? Share your experiences!