“Hell No!!!” 2 of 5 stars

annan
“Hell No!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Bottom line!!

This place is a real dump! it was freezing in the rooms to the point of going to bed fully clothed and still being cold. Its cheap and nasty.

As for the owners, dont think i saw them apart from checking in!

Location is not bad, 5 ,10 minute walk to the tower or some random pub!

The room did seem to be clean though so i will give them a poor instead of a terrible rating!

Room Tip: Pay for quality and you'll probably get quality!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here a few months ago, well what can I say... I'm still traumatised by the memory. What a hole. I'm surprised the place hasn't fallen down by now. The rooms are disgusting, with their own different aroma. My room smelt of sewage, seriously. It was rank. The shower had one option. Cold. That was it. My friend had a choice of 3 carpets in her room. When the wind blew outside the curtains flew about, holes in the windows held together with tape! Electrics hanging out the wall along with the fire place. They say here is a car park at the back but I'm sure its where part of the place has fallen down. A friend told the guy the toilet wasn't flushing and was leaking in her room and he page oh web we know about that. Appalling! The brother and sister who run it should be ashamed of themselves for offering such disgusting accommodation. Honestly don't stay here. Trust me u will regret it the second u step through the door!

• Stayed November 2012
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We went for my birthday in January and must admit when I read the reviews was a bit nervous, but I had nothing to worry about the room was lovely and big and very clean. The owners were lovely and cooked us a home made breakfast every morning and were lovely to talk to!! It's in a perfect location just a 10 minute walk from the tower!! Had a lovely stay and would deffinetly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013
Bury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The owners where amazing!! From the minute we left our case (so we could spend the day on The pleasure beach before check in) to the minute we left they made us feel like family. The breakfast was fantastic and excellant value for money. It was lovely to have a nice calm break, (not easy with an autistic child). The hotel is is a quiet location but near enough to walk/tram easily all the local attractions. Perfect for people with young children. We definately will be staying again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The photographs look good but the reality is somewhat different. The young couple running the place (who are very nice) are there for two and a half years apparently and it is obvious they will spend the minimum amount possible, as they do everything themselves but then there are only 11 rooms to look after..Firstly, our room was fairly large; one reason being there was not a dressing table but there was a wardrobe with lots of coat hangers but no hanging space! Just lots of shelves - consequently we were hanging our clothes from every available point. The shower worked better after I had cleaned the head and I needed to extemporise to find a means of supporting it.when it was operating.
Worst of all the room was not cleaned whilst we were there (2 nights) even though the lady said the towels (£5 deposit) were changed every day. The heating didn't do much and was never on when we were in the room - as a cosequence our clothes were cold and damp in the morning...
Breakfast was o.k. (but so is Sainsburys and other places) if you don't vary from what is offered e.g. I asked for my egg and bacon to be on top of the toast, which seemed to cause a bit of excitement as the toaster was in the dining room/lounge and the chef in the kitchen! They also could not be bothered to even write out or print a menu.. We felt the place (like others) did not reflect the details on the website but if other people write rave reviews that is up to them as they obviously have different needs to ours, or are family friends. Finally, i took a while considering whether to submit this negative but truthful review but felt 'being a nice young couple' should not be an excuse for poor quality. .

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have just stayed in a family room on 4 October 2012. 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 7).
We only paid £50 inc breakfast.
The decor of this hotel is a little dated, but the b&b I found to be very clean, and a comfy bed.
It could do with some small improvements here and there but nothing major.
It was the cheapest b&b I could find in blackpool by around £20+, it is clean, the owners friendly, and the bed comfy. The breakfast was good, whole pot of coffee for me and whole pot of tea for my husband. Fruit juice for the kids. Cereals, toast, followed by a cooked breakfast. Anything from bacon sarnie to full english - no complaints there!
If you want the Ritz this b&b won't suit you but if you want a clean and comfortable room that is cheap, this is the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Booked online with booking.com with a deposit , I knew as soon as I arrived that this place is the pits :( decided to ask for a refund only to be bluntly told that was not possible . After a 3 hour journey and two boys desperate to get to the pleasure beach I gave in and decided to stay , I had no other option anyway as I had not budgeted to pay for another hotel ! The smell that hits you is awful , very strong overbearing cat urine ! The place is dropping to pieces and needs shut down .... The new owners admitted that since it was there first time being b&b owners and because they were renting the property they weren't that bothered about the awful state ! Please dont book here you will regret it

• Stayed July 2012

Been to The Woodley Hotel? Share your experiences!