“would stay again mrs s davies” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Broadway Hotel

You added Broadway Hotel to your Saves list
Broadway Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   2-4 Burlington Road W | New South Promenade, Blackpool FY4 1NY, England   |
Ranked #866 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“would stay again mrs s davies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

we arrived early and the 3 rooms we book was all ready 4 us and the person at the deck was really frienly and helpfull the room was warm and clean plenty tea and coffee shower was good and the bar stay open till 6am breakfast was nice and we have stay a few times and would come back again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Very, very small room , window catch broke and could not close window on very cold night . Needs updating throughout , typical old b&b . Breakfast would be plenty for an infant but not an adult . Now all the good points , clean bed sheets .

• Stayed September 2012
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in a family room which was supposed to include a cot for our 2 month old baby....this never happened and if i'm honest i would LOVE to know where they would have put it in the matchbox 'family' room =/ the bed literally felt like all the foam had been taken out of the matress and caused myself, my husband and my newborn baby a lot of discomfort, so much so we hardly slept and my baby had to be placed on the pillows. both of the televisions in the room only worked on one channel which isnt great with a 4 year old and a 2 year old to occupy, the shower was missing the thermostat...meaning the only option we had was scalding hot water!!!!! resulting in a lack of shower facilities,the shower also dripped continuously....VERY annoying! Breakfast was pretty rubbish to be honest and the hotel is dated.The main complaint was that we had to carry our pushchair down two flights of stairs as the lift wasn't working....it went down to the bottom floor but the doors wouldnt open, the hotel was well aware of this yet no attempt to fix this was made whilst we were staying. definately wouldnt go back here again!!!!!

Room Tip: wouldn't bother!!!
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked two rooms at this hotel to accomodate a family of 4 on a busy bank holiday weekend. For me it fell short of expectations but perhaps it is a matter of taste. I would not normally stay in these types of seaside hotels which display a vacancy/no vacancy sign in the window. This hotel fits all the stereotypes of a dated, seaside hotel which might have been great fifty years ago but now falls into the dump category.

First, some positives. The hotel is conveniently located near the beach and walking distance from pleasure beach entrance. Tram stop is also nearby. If you can get a room at a reasonable rate then it would suffice as a convenient bed for overnight stay. Hotel has a large lounge and bar with facilities to host entertainment. There was a caberet act on the night we stayed.

Now some negatives. I found the decor dated. Seriously needs refurbishment. Both of our rooms were uncomfortably small. Breakfast was a great disappointment. Full English was a child size portion. You could have a thimble of orange juice or cereal but not both. One rack of toast arrived for 4 and this was inadequate. There was a distinct lack of flexibility over what was available and what you could order and I am surprised that other reviewers have rated breakfast highly. This is the worst hotel I have stayed in when it comes to way breakfast was served.

This hotel does have a lift but it was temperamental on the first day and stopped working altogether the following morning.

There are about 10 parking spaces in front of the hotel and parking along the pavement probably accommodates a further 10. However, we stayed on a busy weekend and all spaces were taken as were parking spaces in the vicinity. Many of the side roads have double yellow lines which doesn't help. We ended up parking a mile away so beware.

For us this hotel failed us in terms of convenience - parking, lifts, quality of breakfast with too many unreasonable restrictions, room size, facilities and comfort. Hence I have rated the hotel as terrible but I suspect that many other similar hotels in Blackpool are no different.

Room Tip: When you book ask about room size and location. This hotel has 3 floors. It has a lift but don'...
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We got transferred to this hotel after being scammed by the Inglewood hotel. The owner was very welcoming and understanding. The rooms were clean and the shower worked well. There was tea and coffee in the room with lovely granola bars. The bar was very reasonable priced and the bar staff were friendly. They also kept the bar open for aslong as we wanted. The owner even cooked beautiful home made pizza for the guest when they were coming back from their nights out! Lovely hotel with a family feel would definatly recommend and I will stay here everytime I come to blackpool!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I stay at this hotel every year for the lights. We enjoy our stay here and have never had any problems. But if we did we know any problem would soon be rectified. The food is lovely so much so we look forward to the food. The manager is very welcoming and accomodating. My children always comment on how much they enjoy the food and how much they like staying here.
I will continue to stay in this hotel because it feels warm and welcoming and i think that is all that matters because some people stay out all day

Room Tip: speak to the manager and tell him what you request and he will happily accomodate and help anyway he...
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

What a dump we had a family room as soon as i walked in i knew this was going to be the worst hotel i had ever been in . The curtains were hanging off the rail the walls were all covered in damp patches.Wall paper was hanging off the walls beds terrible and filthy carpets.I couldn't find anyone to speak to and had to wait until the next day When i managed to speak to someone i was told i could have a refund after packing our suitcase and going to reception i was then informed i couldn't have my money back what a disgrace.I then had to find another hotel and pay again for accomodation.Please anyone reading this do not go there and would like to say thanks for spoiling my holiday and my sons birthday the rooms are not fit to put any human being in.I can't believe people have gave good reviews they must be fake or have a terrible standard of living .

Room Tip: do not go that the only tip i have
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!