“Good in general but one of bad experience has put me off this branch.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Domino's Pizza

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #311 of 591 Restaurants in Blackpool
Blackpool
“Good in general but one of bad experience has put me off this branch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I use this Dominos pizza quite often and I have always been quite happy with the service. The staff have always seemed friendly and I often pop into the shop itself for ice cream and the staff are always nice... This is why I was so surprised and upset when I had a really bad experience with them.

Whenever I order a pizza I always get double mushrooms but it is never double... Still once I smell the pizza and for the sake of a few mushrooms I just eat it but this annoys me everytime as Dominos are expensive and you are charged for extra mushrooms. The pizzas aren't cheap and the customer is the one paying and so I think every customer has the right to complain if the order isn't correct.

So on this occasion:
I ordered 2 pizzas through my dominos app on my phone. The order was for a create your own with sausage and double mushroom and also another pizza which I can't remember the name of but it has a BBQ base.
This is how the problem started:

On the Dominos app, there is no option for "less cheese"... Pizza hut actually have this option but Dominos doesnt. So I placed the order on my app and then called the store to request that the create your own pizza have less cheese than normal. I explained to the girl who answered, that I had just placed my order and then I requested that the create your own pizza have less cheese than normal. The girl didn't understand what I was asking for... So I explained again.
She then said: "Oh so you want a tomato base?" So I said: "Well don't all the pizzas have a tomato base anyway? I just want the pizza as it has been ordered but with less cheese." She still didn't understand so I explained again, and explained just the create your own, and that the other pizza order was fine. Talk about being confused- She was proper puzzled.

When the pizzas arrived BOTH pizzas had a tomato base. Much to my boyfriends disappointment, his beloved bbq base pizza was covered in tomato (which he really hates!) So I called them back... and spoke to a young man... I explained that the order was wrong and he said that I had ordered it that way on the app. I explained that I hadn't and there wasn't even an option to change the bbq base pizza to a tomato base. There were also some potato wedges missing from the order... After much messing around and the pizzas going cold, I told him that we didnt want to wait for 2 more pizzas because we were hungry and it was getting late. I then said to the young man on the phone: "Its a good job I am not a mystery shopper..." (I was trying to make light of the situation since my boyfriend was sat cringing at my complaint)... This completely threw him... "What do you mean by that?" he said... So I repeated what I said. He said he had never heard of a mystery shopper and so I explained to him what one was. He quite rudely suggested that it was something I had made up... And so I explained that if he works in retail and in a food establishment especially, he should really know what a mystery shopper is.

The manager then came on the phone (a female) and she said she would put the correct order on the system and we could claim the order for free next time- Smashing... I was happy.

Called back 2 nights later to claim the free pizzas and got the same girl (the manager) on the phone. She said there was nothing on the system... So I explained the whole thing AGAIN and also reminded her that I did speak to her about it 2 nights ago and she was the one who advised me I could get the next order for free. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and then came back on the phone and said that she remembered me... Apology? There was none...
So she said she would send the same order again, and I explained the last order was wrong and reitterated again what the order should have been. We got our free pizzas and some potato wedges and the problem was solved.

I was just a bit confused by a few things:
1) The fact that the staff didn't know what a mystery shopper was...
2) The massive confusion over a request just for less cheese on 1 pizza...
3) The tone of all members of staff I spoke to (and can I just point out that while I might seem annoyed on this review, I was very polite as I didnt want saliva on my pizza...)
4) The fact that the manager did not put any record of the free pizzas on the system so if I had called a week later I would have been told to get lost...
5) The letter of complaint I wrote with no response...

Oh dear dominos! You have lost a regular customer and forced me to try pizza hut which I am afraid are much better with their customer service... The pizzas from dominos are expensive and top notch and its a shame the staff suck the pizza fun out of the experience.

While I am very annoyed with what happened, I have been in since for ice cream and the staff are all lovely. All of which were not the people I spoke to on this particular occasion... I remember their names from that particular night but don't want to name and shame them. Perhaps the others I spoke to are off learning all about mystery shoppers?
I will "choose" dominos again as the good experiences just outweigh the bad... Just.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We had pizza on Tuesday,buy one get one free,
Arrived in good time was hot and very tasty,
Noticed all the self advertising on the boxes ,not seen this before they must be feeling the pinch from rival outlets,
Reduce your prices and it will pay off in the end.

Visited March 2014
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“take away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

these are brilliant pizzas although they are on the dear side they are the best.always have been deliverd promptly and always hot when arrive, good service through out.

Visited November 2013