“i had a lovely sleep room 15” 4 of 5 stars

Colours of Blackpool
55 - 57 Banks Street, Blackpool FY1 2BE, England   |
Ranked #848 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Whitehaven, England, United Kingdom
“i had a lovely sleep room 15”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

me my lass and larl fella stoped in room 15 last week and it was lovely and warm I even had to open the window it was never shut lol but I could turn the heating down so it was lovely and warm..i didn't get a breakfast because I didn't know if my little fella would have been awake..the lad on the desk was very helpful if I needed any thing it was there in minutes I just used the phone provided and he was right up..i would stop here again because I thought it was spot on..and yes it might be £2 wifi but if you dnt want to spend £2 you could just use the pc provided......ps we WILL be back soon for another stop

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
pnewbery, Manager at Colours of Blackpool, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Many thanks for your review. It was a pleasure having you and your family here. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and do apologise that the heating can make the rooms hot, but you are welcome to turn off radiators as you would at home.

Wifi is provided free of charge although it does state in the booklets there is a cost. This cost has been removed when i took over the hotel.

The phones in the rooms do indeed make it easy for you to ask for anything and we are always happy to help.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
nottinghamshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had asked on Gaydar the day before in the chat what hotel was nice for a few days stay in Blackpool the boi who runs this hotel suggested The Bentley, I arrived about 6.30pm last night, was told £15 for single room or £35 for en suite 'double' room., ( In the reception was a dining area, the tables were already set up cup, saucer knifes and forks ) I was about to take the single room when he said I will do you double en suite for £30, so I decided to take it the thought of a nice shower room at a reduced price was the deal clincher! Well on entering the room first opinion was rather small room but it was at the front and it was bright, the tv I couldnt get to work, and the room was cold, anyway, I left to go visit a friend at 7.30 and returned at 12.30am to a VERY cold room, no heat whatsoever, I couldnt wait to get in bed just to get warm, well it was 2.30 and i was still awake due to being VERY cold, I eventually fell asleep and woke up at 8am still no heating on and the room is still VERY cold, went to have a shave, and NO hot water to the basin, so I took a shower ( electric) so no tv, cold room and to top it all I went down for breakfast, doors locked, i came back upstairs and looked in the hotel info booklet to read............Due to upgrading works being carried out to our kitchen and other areas of the building unfortunately, we are UNABLE to offer a breakfast service at the moment, and the it directs you to 'Wexford's Diner' a five minute walk away. Now forgive me if Im not right here, but do you really need a full working kitchen to offer toast cereal and a cuppa ( been in catering all my life and I could set all this up on a little table in a corner! It may have been appreciated if the person that booked me in would have said sorry but we are not serving breakfast because of.......I would have then had the opportunity to go elsewhere if I so wished, or maybe they could have offered a 'free' voucher say up to the total of £3/4 that could be spent at 'Wexfords Diner' I could have gone to a much better place that served breakfast for the same price, on a scale of 1 - 10 I would give this place 3 and two of that is because of free internet ( it say in their bookley its chargeable at £2 a day ) well to be honest MOST hotels these days all do FREE internet so I didnt feel to honoured. Well its almost 9am and Im about to leave, COLD and HUNGRY, never mind at least Blackpool as lots of others B&Bs to choose from. Ide say this place is more OLD BANGER THAN BENTLEY! I think they need to get the Hotel Inspector back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
pnewbery, Manager at Colours of Blackpool, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for your review, Prices quoted were indeed accurate but you were offered a cheaper price for a double ensuite. Our efforts to do you a good deal.

The room you stayed in was designed by Alex Politzi when she was here filming the program "Hotel Inspector" I would guess if it passes for the Trust House Forte then its a good room.

We are in the middle of upgrade works to our kitchens and do not offer breakfast currently. We had the tables laid out for some photo work. Now although not much equipment is needed to offer toast etc.. in your own home. When you are selling food to the public you have to have standards. A kitchen in the middle of upgrade is not of suitable standard to safely offer food.

There are signs in reception and you were advised breakfast is not available. We do not offer vouchers for anything. Perhaps you feel we should have offered you a rail voucher as you had to travel here?

The heating system is the same throughout the hotel - other rooms were warm and some were too warm. I would mention that if you leave your window open you will get cold air in. Our heating is not on 24hrs a day, however when guests comment we can put it on a bit more. However with our concern over our carbon footprint this is not done often.

If you hadn't pulled the scart lead out of the back of your tv you would have found it worked fine.

I would also comment that you could have called from the phone in your room and somebody would have then come and assisted you. You chose not to, you informed me that you had come downstairs at 07:30 and were surprised that reception was closed. At £30 a night you won't get the facilities that if you stay at a bigger chain and pay twice as much you would. You did indeed phone then at 09:10 to be informed that reception opened at 09:30.

You decided to then inform me you were recording my conversation without my knowledge or permission and you were then abusive and asked to leave. Following on from that we recieved 10 abusive phone calls and then further silent calls throughout the day.

It is fair to say that things are not always perfect, things are different for various people. However without telling us we will not know. You messaged me on Gaydar asking about the hotel, you were informed about the hotel and what was on offer. You made some suggestive comments of which i brushed aside. This is a hotel not a dark corner in a club. I hope my turning down of your advances did not in someway upset you. In future though i would suggest you look at hotels charging a lot more so they can provide the services you require.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited Blackpool many times but our first time at this hotel. What a lovely stay from the moment we arrived a warm welcome from the manager Paul, who took our details and showed us to our en-suite room.

The room was clean and warm with an extremely comfortable bed.

Nothing was too much trouble for Paul or Stuart who were there to help and assist.

We would happily stay at this hotel again and recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
pnewbery, Manager at Colours of Blackpool, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments. We aim to give all of our guests a pleasant stay. We like to remember that this is often a much needed break away and with that in mind try and help in any way possible.

We look forward to welcoming you, your friends and family here anytime.

Been to Colours of Blackpool? Share your experiences!