“Little gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Oban House Hotel
and 1 more site!
You added Oban House Hotel to your Saves list
Oban House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   28 Osborne Road, Blackpool FY4 1HJ, England   |
Ranked #558 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
UNITED KINGDOM
“Little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here over a weekend whilst visiting family and was treated like a queen! As I was traveling on my own I booked a single room through Latetooms.com and was very glad I got this booking. The owners are Marie and Heather and I was made to feel very welcome, such friendly people and show a real interest in you as a guest. I booked in in the afternoon and then came back later after dinner with my family. Heather and Marie had gone to the trouble of closing my curtains and turning the room radiator on whilst I was still out so when I got back the room was nice and toasty, and they provided an additional fleece blanket in case I was cold. Simple little touches that make a huge difference to customer service.

The room was small (I booked a single only) but there was loads of cupboard space, the bathroom was the perfect size. The bed was comfy and I had a good night's rest.

Breakfast was a full English, Heather having asked for my breakfast preferences the day before. When it arrived there was plenty of food and a massive pot of coffee, loads of toast, fresh orange juice - they're really not shy on portions and it was honestly the best full English I'd had in a while.

Marie and Heather were so friendly and we got to chatting about their plans for the hotel. They'd bought it five years before and have been doing ongoing improvements to the place, it honestly shows the love and attention they've been putting in. They had some great plans for the former bar area, they're turning it into a cafe with plans of all day coffee and snacks like toasties and croissants and home made soups etc. for their guests. I'll definitely be going back to sample more of Marie's cooking, that breakfast was the best!

Heather and Marie mentioned they were happy to book guests in early so don't be shy to ring up and discuss what you need and what time you'll be there. I would imagine during peak season parking is at a premium but they're happy to give suggestions on where to park.

Do yourself a favour and stay here. You honestly will be happy to have been treated like a friend come to visit. I know I'll be back - and very soon!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Oban House Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Oban House Hotel

Address: 28 Osborne Road, Blackpool FY4 1HJ, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Lancashire > Blackpool
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi )
Ranked #558 of 910 B&Bs / Inns in Blackpool
Hotel Class:3 star — Oban House Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Oban House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Oban House Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.