“Owners fantastic, we will stay again!” 4 of 5 stars

The Waldorf
591 - 593 New South Promenade, Blackpool FY4 1NG, England   |
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Owners fantastic, we will stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

2 night stay with two rooms. Good value, good size rooms, good breakfast! Owners very very helpful and friendly. This hotel is perfect for a holiday break. Will stay again! Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I payed for a single room, which I expected to be small; what I got however was a dirtry shoe box! I was horrified. It was so small you couldnt swing a cat! If I had of tried the cat would have probably complained of the dirty walls and floor!

The shower had no hot running water, and what did come out of the tap was a treacle! The towels I was given where stained and smelly.

The bed was dirty, the carpets dirty and also the curtains. The TV that was above the bed had wires hanging down from it which made me feel unsafe.

The room smelt, simply just so diappointed.

At first I thought it may have been just my room however my friends room, (they had payed for a double) was exactly the same! Bigger than mine of course but dirty and smelly.

Do not stay at this hotel!

I cant comment on the staff as I never stayed in the hotel long enough to speak to any!

I'd have rather slept on the beach!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
, Owner at The Waldorf, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
We appreciate how very hard our guest have to work in order to stay weven a single night with us and as a result try very hard to ensure our guests get value for money.

Sadly there are those (this lady included) whom with two her freinds elected to return to the hotel at 4am shouting as they walked to their rooms, having asked the them to keep the noise down we then advised the that should the noise continue we would be asking them to depart immediately.

This review is unfair and bourne out of spite for being asked to show consideration for others at 4am.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at The Waldorf Hotel for two night's Me,my partner and infant child.I cannot speak more highly off the staff there,there service was excellent,and are so full of humor! Tom and Steve made us feel extremely welcome and we felt like friends instead of guests! The hotel was nicely decorated alongside the hotel room and en-suite which was clean and comfortable.We was really pleased as The Waldorf provided us with clean towels,shampoo, body wash,hairdryer,Dvd Player and free WiFi (all of these which was not included when we stayed at The Warwick 2mins down the road from The Waldorf) The Breakfast was to die for.The portions were huge and really tasty! I must say what a fantastic chef they have! They also provided a high chair for my daughter to eat her breakfast in - i must say i was slightly dissapointed they did not provide cots however the did give my daughter her own bed! We did not want to go home, we will be returning again in late september for sure!

Stacey,Chris& Ruby,

Room Tip: Sea front view-BEAUTIFUL (room 207)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We've just returned from a friend's birthday weekend in Blackpool and stayed at the Waldorf (there were 4 couples and two 3-year olds). I must admit, when we first arrived at the hotel, there was an initial disappointment as it didn't quite resemble the photos, but that can be said for most hotels (typical case of the marketing machine at work!). Our initial reservations of the hotel itself were quickly eroded by our encounter with the lovely Tom who went above and beyond to make us feel very welcome and to cater to our (very demanding) needs. Tom was the perfect host, very friendly and excellent at putting the customer first - he should be the poster boy for customer service in my opinion :-). The hotel is 3-star and doesn't pretend to be otherwise - it was clean and for £45/night for two adults in a double room, it represented value for money. Overall, the owners, Tom & Steve are lovely and will make you feel very welcome. If you want a hassle-free, chilled out atmosphere with lovely hosts, I would recommend the Waldorf. Just for the customer service itself, when we are next in Blackpool, I know I'll be checking in at the Waldorf. The area is quite, ideal for families and a short walk to the main attractions. Chim, Manchester.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed with a frends framily in october in a family room for a weekend the guy behind the counter was nice and very helpful and the staff in the canteen where good and helpful too. The bathroom/toilet was way too small and the matress on my bed was too hard me evreyone else in the party slept fine.

i found a heating pipe fairly close to the surface of wall in the kids/third adult room which made a section of the wall warm. Having said that i'd hurt the muscles in my back (nothing to do with the hotel) and the warm wall was a god send.

If your looking for a no frills hotel then this is for you, good staff and clean rooms. Breakfast staff very helpful and a good laugh. Nice family frendly hotel.

i was told they don't like stagg/hen partys at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I thought the hotel looked nice from its web site how i was wrong!The man i spoke to on the phone was very helpful and quoted us £130 a night for two adults,two children and an infant including breakfast so i booked us in for three nights.When we arrived there was no one there we had to ring a number,the hotel smelt damp and looked like it hadnt been decorated since the 50s.The veiw was nice from our room.But the wall paper was hanging off.The water took ten minutes of running to heat up.When we went down for a drink in the bar that was just a joke.No music or entertainment like had been advertised,we were constantly telling our children to be quiet as the helpful man who turned out to be cleaner,receptionist and barman kept looking annoyed with them.It took 20 minutes to be noticed before a 15 year old took our breakfast order which was terrible. And the final straw was when the cook came out and and told us off for sitting at her friends table and drinking her orange juice.We decided to leave and book in some where else.When we came to settle the bill for one night the man said we would have to pay £153.00!!You could stay at the Hilton for that and still have change left.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
west midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

we stayed at the waldorf and the service was excellent steve was very helpful room was clean and tidy really enjoyed our stay and would always stay at the waldorf when visiting blackpool great customer service thank you.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to The Waldorf? Share your experiences!