“I WOULD CHANGE THE NAME TO DIRTY BEDFORD” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Bedford Hotel

You added The Bedford Hotel to your Saves list
The Bedford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   298 - 300 North Promenade, Blackpool FY1 2EY, England   |
Ranked #439 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
kilmarnock
“I WOULD CHANGE THE NAME TO DIRTY BEDFORD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We booked this hotel through Blackpool Promotions.. The hotel is dull and dreary there were buckets in the lounge to catch the drips from a leaky roof. swimming pool so cold no one could use it, restaurant down in the basement with hardly any room between the tables. Food less than mediocre. On suite so dirty i went and bought cleaning materials and cleaned it myself. Complained to Blackpool Promotions who just did not want to know. Would never go back to the Bedford Hotel and would never go anywhere with Blackpool Promotions.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
It’s disappointing to here that you did not enjoy your stay here, we try very hard to make everyone’s stay an enjoyable experience, but as always if you don’t let us know what your problems are during your stay we are unable to rectify them for you, and making quite unjustified comments after your departure is not the way forward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Glnrothes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We booked a week here through Blackpool Promotions. First impressions are the hotel is rather grubby in the corners – however it was late in the season.
Also really hard to get into. The stairs at the front are quite steep – no disabled access. The lift is tiny and feels a bit shaky.

Nicely surprised on arrival the room was ready and we had been given a sea view room. Plenty of tea, coffee ect in the room.
We enjoyed the meals and the dinning room staff was really helpful. Dave the bar man was our favourite member of staff. Very helpful and good for a laugh.

We were most impressed with the assistance from the Adrian on the front desk. I had to ask for the bed to be changed on the Saturday – and although we were only going to sleep in it for another two nights – not only did the bed get changed, the only time, the room had a good clean.

Would we come back? Yes definitely. Good honest value for money.

Though next time I’ll bring a swim cossy with me, the pool looked lovely even if its not huge- and will ask for sheets to be changed sooner.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Thank you for your comments, I will pass them onto the staff, As the guest only stayed 4 days we normally only change sheets during longer stays but if the guest requests a change we will certainly oblige. We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you once again
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I have just returned from a 5 days short stay holiday. It was wonderful. The hotel has excellent service. The rooms are bright and tastefully decorated, with central heating. There is a television and also tea-making facilities in the room. The beds were very comfortable and the ensuite bathroom was pristine. The housekeeping staff were very helpful and thorough.Throughout the hotel there is a high standard of cleanliness.
The hotel overlooks the sea and the bay window allows 180' view along the promenade.
Leisure facilities include a bar which has live entertainment most nights and a swimming pool and spa which was comfortably warm and clean and I spent many relaxing hours there. There was also a sauna.
The waiters provided excellent service and there was a choice of menu in the dining room. The food was varied and delicious and served promptly.
There are also parking facilities.
The owners provide assistance with your luggage if asked and are very helpful, welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2010
Thank you so much for your comments; I am pleased you enjoyed you stay with ourselves, we really do try to be of assistance and to make a guests stay more relaxing and enjoyable; I hope to see you again soon. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Just had 5 great days the food was great and the two happy hours in davids bar were brilliant. There was nice entertainment on at night and best of all rocky,the worlds best kp put us onto a bar where the beer was only 1.50 a pint.This hotel represents the best value for money in blackpool.

• Stayed September 2010
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2010
Thank you for your kind comments, we really do try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable. I will pass on your kind comments to all the staff and Peanut, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Once again thank you very much.
Ludlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

i have visited blackpool many of times, in various hotels and none of them has measured up to the bedford hotel, when i arrived the exterior view was lovely, when i entered into the hotel i was greeted by a very friendly gentlemen named adrian who made me feel very welcome, he even advised me on new things that i could do in blackpool througout my stay, i went up to my room which was very clean and tidy and very homely room indeed, the hotel is in a brilliant location which is on the sea front with a spectacular view! and also there is a bus stop situated right outside the hotel which is helpful bonus, and there are also the local trams, when it came to eating the food was what i could only explain as beautiful and homely cooked meals, throughout my whole stay i felt so comfortable and like i was at home which is what i personally look for on my travels, the staff were absolutely outstanding very courteous and very pleasant one young lady in particular who worked in the restaurant was a very helpful member of staff who was always polite and recommended various good places for me and my friends to go to on the night life, as where all the members of the restaurant staff it was always service with a smile, i found my whole stay at the bedford a absolute pleasure and would recommend to any body.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We really do try our best. I will pass on your comments to all the staff
We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed with our two grandchildren aged 3 and 1 yr, we were having a three night break to see the illum,inations our room was very clean, spacious, although on the 3rd floor, access by lift was fine. Welcome at our arrival was attentive, friendly and organized. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious, the view from our room was great for the children to view the seafront. Food was pleantiful, tasty and varied the staff were mostly young people, but were so helpful and willing it made all the difference to mealtimes which were very hands on for us as the children were very young. We have stayed at The bedford hotel before and again it measured up to what I think is one of the best family hotels I have stayed in. Thanks we will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments, we really do try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable. I will pass on your kind comments to all the staff we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Once again thank you very much.
Pallasgreen, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I recently stayed at The Bedford Hotel with my friends for a week, what a great time we had. The hotel from the outside looks fantastic and that carries on into the rest of the hotel. The hotel staff were very helpful, food service was always served with a smile (Michael). The quality of the food served at night was, as the french would say 'fantastique'. I especially enjoyed the Carbonara. The hotels swimming pool was a great bonus and a great place to relax, it was always kept very clean throughout our stay.
The location of the hotel was excellent and with buses and also tram stops infront of the hotel myself and friends could easily commute to near by places like Fleetwood, Cleveleys and also Lytham St Annes. I enjoy photography so coming across beautiful places to take a quick snap wasn't hard to find.

I don't have a bad word to say about the hotel it was a short break with friends that I really enjoyed. Just wish Blackpool's weather could be more like The Bedford Hotel!
Thanks so much again, if visiting Blackpool again in the future I know where i'll be staying.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments; I am so pleased you enjoyed yourself at the hotel, Blackpool and surrounding areas. I will pass on your comments to all the staff; we look forward to welcoming you back to the Bedford. Thank you once again for your kind comments.

Been to The Bedford Hotel? Share your experiences!