“Friendly, Efficient and Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bedford Hotel

You added The Bedford Hotel to your Saves list
The Bedford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   298 - 300 North Promenade, Blackpool FY1 2EY, England   |
Ranked #463 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Wishaw, United Kingdom
“Friendly, Efficient and Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was part of a large group (27 kids and 34 adults) on a trip to Blackpool for the Easter Youth Football Tournament. We were initially a bit concerned over the standard of accommodation that we might be allocated by the tournament organisers but the Bedford Hotel was recommended to us by the coach of one of our other teams who stayed there last year. I am delighted to say that the recommendation was spot on.
The Bedford is not the Ritz but it was everything we could have wanted and much more. Prior to our trip, I received emails from Adrian at the Bedford to confirm our arrival time and to let us know that our rooms would be ready for us.
All public areas are spotlessly clean and tidy. The rooms are a little tired but clean and comfortable with pristine bedding.
The service at meal times was excellent. For such a busy dining room, no-one was kept waiting for their food.
The bar service was friendly and the 7-9pm happy hour was great value.
Keeping a bunch of 10 & 11 year old boys happy is not easy but Adrian kept the swimming pool opened late on both nights of our stay. Entertainment in the form of bingo and karaoke was laid on for the adults - who didn't hold back, especially after the happy hour!
Overall, I would say that we got great value for our money and we can't thank Adrian and his team enough for making our stay memorable.
Our team is looking forward to a return visit to the Bedford Hotel next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you all enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased that the children took full advantage of the swimming pool and as the children were all so well behaved keeping the swimming pool open for long is not a problem, as it keeps them occupied and entertained. Also that you all enjoyed the entertainment it was a really good weekend! It does make it easier for us that we were in full contact with each other, so as any changes or amendments happen I am able to inform other members of my staff. We look forward to welcoming you all back next year. Once again thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here in a very large group with my sons football team. Got a lovely warm welcome. All communal areas where spotless, had great service in the restaurant, great atmosphere, kids loved the pool & manager was kind enough to open the pool later for them. Bedding was spotless & look new. considering the price great value for £ ) .tram stop practically at front door. Only criticism would be the cleaner needs some supervising in bedroom toilets small details ( shower heads ect) as it would have been 5 stars. Would & will return

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you all enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool and keeping it open for longer is not a problem as all the children were so well mannered. Thank you for bringing the point about the showerheads to my attention, I have spoken to the housekeepers and please accept my apologises for this. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my wife for one night in early April. For the price we paid (£39 through Trivago) the hotel was perfectly adequate with breakfast included. Room was a bit dated however everything was clean enough and worked plus bed was reasonably comfortable. The hotel even had a swimming pool, which although we never used, I was surprised to see at the hotel price. Short walk of 10 to 15 minutes to the centre so not too bad. The hotel is right on the front on North shore, so sea view rooms must be available, although we never got one.
All in all if you can get it cheap enough and aren't expecting 5 star then the hotel is good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am sorry to hear you didn’t use our swimming pool and sauna perhaps next time. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon, and if you telephone the hotel direct I will do my best to allocate you a sea view at no extra charge, subject to availability. Once again thank you very much.
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here back with a small party of friends. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a member of staff and given my room keys. My room was shockingly small and very warm. I asked could I change rooms or up grade, to which I got a response of no, from the Manager. I was contemplating leaving to find alternative accommodation and by some miracle he had a room! This lack of customer service and attitude was diabolical. Breakfast was acceptable and bar facilities were available. The swimming pool was a bonus but very cold!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
This Review has been posted 10 months after an alleged stay and as I have looked further into this review I can find no record of this guest, if they did stay with ourselves, firstly I apologise and am sorry to hear they didn’t enjoy their stay, the reception bell is answered 24hours a day and my own personal mobile number is listed as a contact for any out of hours emergencies, our rooms are of standard size and are certain not dingy! I am the manager and take these matters very serious and I certainly don’t lack customer services skills! I do object to people with bad and rude manners who think that shouting is the best way forward, If anything would have been mentioned to myself I would have certainly moved them to a different room and as we did not have one single night in July 2013 where we didn’t have a spare room I cannot believe this, sometimes people expect and demand sea views and think they can avoid any supplements if they shout loud enough. Room allocation for hotels is sometimes difficult depending on the departures and arrivals and can take time to move rooms on a busy day and it is certainly by no miracle! If this review is genuine and the guests would ever like to stay at the Bedford again, I will ensure they receive my up most attention and service during their stay.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We have just returned from the Bedford Hotel having spent two nights there for our son's football tournament.

Everything from the organisation of the accommodation (prior to us arriving with 14 lads and 21 adults), the quality of the accommodation, the food and the hospitality was excellent.

The rooms are all clean, well equipped and comfortable. We stayed in room 4 on the ground floor with a separate lounge area with sea view. Having seen the other rooms these were equally as nice.

The food, both at breakfast and in the evening, was of excellent quality and the service was fast, friendly and efficient.

Having travelled with a large group I can safely say that everyone was impressed with the Bedford Hotel.

The hotel has a swimming pool and sauna which are open during the day into the early evening.

Great hotel, friendly staff and well worth a visit. We will be returning soon for a short break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you all enjoyed your stay with us yet again, we look forward to welcoming you back every time, I am pleased you enjoyed your Evening meal and Breakfast. I and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and once again thank you very much.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel and we found The Bedford to be one of the better hotels in Blackpool. We always try and book a hotel that has a swimming pool for our children and although the pool wasn't the biggest they enjoyed themselves very much . All the staff were very pleasant and helped in any way they could. I had read some previous reviews where previous occupants had moaned about the breakfast but we found it to be adequate although could maybe offer a change to extra items such as mushrooms, fried bread or black pudding instead of just beans. I still give it 10 out of 10. Thank you

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, Myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you and your children enjoyed our swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
Perth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Booked this hotel as we couldn't get into our usual one and we wanted a swimming pool.
Got up to bedroom . . . filthy! The toilet hadn't even been looked at, it was disgusting! I had to go and ask at reception to have it cleaned. (which part of it was- the floor looked like it hadnt been cleaned in months!!)TV = no remote control. Had to go back to reception, no one there! Down to bar, and was told that the remote was "probably under one of the beds". Eventually got the reception remote to use. Kids were desperate to go for a swim! Ha ha. The pool was freezing. My husband couldn't even get into it. Nephew was shivering! Towels= 50p. Cheek!! Breakfast consisted of bare minimum with watered down beans!. The bar and reception staff were very unhelpful and not one bit friendly. My husband got spoken to like a piece of dirt at the bar! The young guys serving breakfast were friendly enough. Just got back home yesterday and my husband and I have both caught a bug! No surprise with the germs we had to put up with.!! the pictures I am posting are AFTER the cleaning has been done for a second time!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear the guests did not enjoy their stay; we do try and make guests stay most enjoyable. They guests arrived very early and as check in was only 2pm and the hotel was extremely busy with departing guests we allowed them to place their luggage in the room so as their luggage would not get mixed up with other guests, we did explain that the housekeepers were in the process of cleaning the room and if they just left their stuff to the side they would carry on cleaning and to go enjoy their day and that the room would be ready on their return. The picture they have taken an posted are not of their own bathroom but of the gentleman’s toilet downstairs, which is cleaned several times during the day. I have spoken to the barman who looks after the reception during the evening and he was trying to make a joke with your husband and to which he was laughing about, and no offence was intended, also as the barman had said the remote was found the next day in the top draw under the television. The swimming pool is set at a temperature of 29 degrees, it is not health spa, the purpose of it is to swim and not just stand there, as for the hire of the pool towels this is a hire charge and like all swimming baths people are allowed to bring their own, you would not expect your local swimming baths to provide towels free of charge and 99% of hotels throughout the world have a charge on towel hire, so I don’t think 50 pence is at all unreasonable. As for the breakfast our beans are not watered down, they are just standard catering tins that every hotel uses, and if you would have liked extra portions all you had to do was ask, and included is all the toast, cereals, juices, yoghurts and fruit I do not consider all of it to be bare minimum. I do strongly object to your wild claim that you caught a bug whilst at the hotel, could this not be due to standing outside in just tee-shirts in freezing cold windy conditions. Nothing was ever mentioned to any member of staff during your stay of your points you’ve raised. If you had actual said anything to myself or a member of staff I would have gladly gone and rectified any issues, also the family that checked in after yourself have actual commented how the same room was very clean. I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay and as you will not be returning or giving us another chance all I can do is apologise.

Been to The Bedford Hotel? Share your experiences!