“Lovely weekend.......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bedford Hotel

You added The Bedford Hotel to your Saves list
The Bedford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   298 - 300 North Promenade, Blackpool FY1 2EY, England   |
Ranked #463 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Lake District
“Lovely weekend.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Me and my wife stayed recently at this Hotel, for a short weekend.
The Hotel is warm, and very clean, with many good facilities.
In the morning, at breakfast, we were looked after by a very pleasant Waitress, and the food was very good quality.
The Hotel has an excellent Swimming Pool, and towels are available at the reception.
On the Sunday afternoon, me and my wife were helped by a very pleasant young man, and he even helped us find details of The Grand Theatre, and events that are held there. He advised us of where to go in Blackpool, like the Local Park, and the Zoo etc.
The Hotel is only a 5/10 minute walk from all of the local restaurants, and bars.
I would definately recommend this Hotel to my friends and family, and will be returning myself in the New Year, without doubt. The Manager, Adrian, on reception, took our booking by phone, and offered us deals for next year. He was always very obliging.
Many thanks.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help, and it is certainly no trouble assisting guests with advice on local attraction and restaurants. I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

just stayed for 2 nights at the bedford whats wrong with people staying here found staff very friendly had a sea veiw room small but spotless and cosy small flat telly restuarant downstairs lovely and bright good selection of cereals ,yougart fruit and toast hot with good selection of hot breakfast even manx kippers and alovely pool and sauna yes lift is small but had a laugh with us 2 fatty.s in belllyyy to belllyy but it has a lift no its not a 5 star you get wot you pay for we had a smart deal on the internet and anyone reading this yes we have gone further than blackpool a lot around the world in 2 stars in goa to 5 star in dubia so you get a friendly clean nice average blackpool hotel just try it and see.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 207 opposite thelift with sea veiw
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in room 207, I agree so much about your comment “what’s wrong with people” Myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you took full use of the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

we four adults booked into the hotel last saturday for 2 nights .I booked it by phone direct to the hotel. the gentleman who took the booking quoted me £160 for 2 nights bed and breakfast and i said it was £80 on the website he said oh there are that many prices on the web site yes £80 then.
We had a lovely saturday came back to the hotel about 9-30pm went into the bar nobody else in bar except david the bar man we chatted along with him and went to bed about 10-30pm.
Next morning went for breakfast which was alright and the waitress was very pleasant but could have done with a clean ironed blouse on instead of the dirty crumpled one she had on. Had another lovely day in blackpool on the sunday went out late sunday afternoon and all 4 of us went through reception and out of the door and the male receptionist never lifted his head up let alone spoke. Anyway had a nice meal out and came back just before 9pm and the door was locked shutters in reception down and light off. It said that the door would be locked @ 10pm but we never gave it another thought with it been qiuet so we went down to the bar like the previous evening and the light was out behind the bar and the bar man was sat watching tv and was not aware as to what was going on upstairs as he could not see the cctv from where he was sitting.We obviously disturbed him. We asked for 2 pints of lager a budwiser and sparkling water they had no sparking water so i had lime and soda which must have been opened for ever as it had no fizz. we said nothing about that.Then he charged us £2 more than the previous evening so we questioned it and he said well there are 5 of you and we said no. He had charged us for a boddingtons that we never even asked for. He then started about us being rude and he said twice i will have to ask you to go upstairs but we had done nothing except ask him to check the prices He kept going on about us being rude. I asked if the manager Adrian Howard was around and he said he was in Tenerife. My husband went to the bar for another drink and he totally ignored him for about 5mins and then he said can we have a drink please and he served us still no one else in the bar about 10pm we went to bed we said good night to him and he never replied, just faced the wall all the time not the pleasant experience we had had with david the previous evening. Next morning we came down for breakfast not a problem and then went to checkout i asked for the person in charge at the present time and he said me so i told him the story and he listened. He offered £10 back for a round of drinks because he was the owner. He was not happy when I said about putting something on trip adviser and he said he would sort it out and give me a ring in a few days and i will consider what to do .The bar man david did ring me at home on monday nearly as soon as we had got back because he was upset about how we had been treated. Anyway the owner did ring me the other day went on to say about giving him another job in the hotel and not sacking him and he offered me 10 per cent off between christmas and new year i did not accept this as i thought the least he could have done was give us a free weekend. We come to blackpool regularly and usually stay at the doric a better run place than this and staff with manners but unfortunatley this was a last minute thing and they were fully booked.I would never stay here again i also suggest to the owner that he needs to remove the budwiser bottles that have multipack on them not for resale from the bar.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I am sorry to hear the guests did not enjoy their stay; we try very hard to make everyone’s stay an enjoyable experience. I am sorry to say and certainly after speaking to a member of Management at another hotel in Blackpool, I do feel that as previous hoteliers yourselves that your final comment “I thought the least he could have done was give us a free weekend.” Would have been offered this review would have not even been posted, and after speaking to all members of staff and reading your first review which was taken down due to the personal remarks. The whole purpose for the stay at the hotel was too get yet another free weekend at a Blackpool Hotel or your preferred option as you informed a member of reception staff a free 10 day stay over the Christmas and New year Period for you and 5 of your family. Yes you are correct that I was on holiday at the time of your stay, but that is one of the only correct comments, even my destination was incorrect, but I can certainly assure you the hotel runs to the same standard whilst I am away. Once again I am sorry to hear that the guests did not enjoy their stay, but I am glad they have found another hotel they like.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Spacious and clean room. Lovely hot shower. Our stay was everything we needed, breakfast was delicious and we had two good nights sleep and a relaxing swim. Handy having a tram stop almost outside the hotel! This was our second stay here (our first was in 2003, the last time we stayed in Blackpool) and we will return again. :0)

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay most relaxing and enjoyable. I am pleased you had a lovely break you enjoyed your breakfast and took full use of the swimming pool. If we can be of any assistance we will try our best to go that little bit further. We look forward to welcoming you back for a 3rd visit very soon, thank you once again.
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

we stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. We booked over the internet and was very happy with the price.... when we arrived on the sunday afternoon the receptionist was very helpful and pleasant. On the night we went out round blackpool, used the free phone to call a taxi. We use the pool the next day which was lovely and there was only the two of us in there for about 15 minutes. We then walked into the town to do some shopping and walked back, the hotel is located close to the town. The next morning we has breakfast at the hotel which was very nice. the waitress was very pleasant and we didnt wait long for our food. there were a few options available,. I would stay in the this hotel again. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The only thing i did notice was the room was always too warm so we had the window open quite a lot but this was nice to have some fresh air in the warm.

Room Tip: we stayed in 208. this was a sea view, Just enough room for the the of us
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make a guests stay more enjoyable, I am pleased you had a lovely time and enjoyed our breakfasts, and the staff were very helpful and pleasant, also that you took full use of the swimming pool. I am sorry to hear you found the room too warm, we do try and provide a room that is warm yet comfortable, if the guest would have mentioned anything to myself, I would have both provided a fan for the room and turned the radiator down for them. If we can be of any assistance we will try our best to go that little bit further, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon, thank you once again.
west glamorgan south wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

it was our first time away with our 10 month old daughter liked the look of the hotel and the reviews but i must say the only downfall with the hotel was the size of the room it was a bit dated and too small especially with a baby who wants to toddle around other than that i cant fault it we were welcomed on arrival and there was someone to help us in with the lugguage as you can imagine there was a lot of it with a 10 month old baby and our car was parked by a member of staff around the back... didnt use the pool but looked nice, cannot fault the food breakfast and evening meal was provided in with the price tho didnt have evening meal every night as we were out and about.cant fault the waiter staff they were attentive and helpful and would do anything to assist. all in all a nice comfortable hotel tho the lift was too small and the bedroom would go again but would want a bigger room, met some lovely guests there to.

Room Tip: room 208 with seaview but was to small on second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear the guests did not fully enjoy their stay at the hotel; we do try and make guests stay most enjoyable. I have looked into the booking and found that the guests booked only bed & breakfast for a double room through a 3rd party website, and due to the fact they were paying a much higher rate than booking through the hotel direct we gave them Evening Meal and a Sea View Free of Charge, the website clearly states that children or infants are not allowed to be added on the room, as a double only sleeps 2 adults. If anything would have been mentioned to myself or to another member of staff I would have gladly upgraded their size of room free of charge immediately.
I am pleased they found the staff welcoming, attentive, helpful, and that we also gave extra assistance with luggage and parking their car. I only wish you had spoken to myself with your problems over your room and giving me the chance to rectify your views. If the guests would return to the hotel, I will ensure their stay is too our highest of standards. Once again I apologise the guests did not fully enjoy their stay.
Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was disappointed with the hotel. The room was tired, it was dusty and small. I wish I had not booked this hotel. It was a let down. The hotel was dark looking and there was no receptionist. I kept pressing the bell for ages for someone to come. I do not recommend this hotel sorry. The room was small, very small with a strange odour of mould. The toilet leaked out the back. I saw better looking hotels you would stay at,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I have looked further into this review and have no record of these guests, if they did stay with ourselves, firstly I apologise and am sorry to hear they didn’t enjoy their stay, the reception bell is answered 24hours a day and my own personal mobile number is listed as a contact for any out of hours emergencies, if they would have mentioned anything to the Reception or any member of staff we would have gladly moved them to a different room immediately. If this review is genuine and the guests would ever like to stay at the Bedford again, we will ensure they receive our up most attention and service during their stay.

Been to The Bedford Hotel? Share your experiences!