“Favourite cafe in Blackpool” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 533 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Dessert, English
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quality coffee shop/cafe.Excellent selection of cakes,sandwiches and more at exceptionally reasonable prices.Luxury interior and surroundings,with cool marble,elegant seating and fantastic service.
tommypip
“Favourite cafe in Blackpool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Firstly I owe an apology, in a previous review I said it was excellent but expensive, I was wrong! It was one price that stayed in my head (Posh Cheese on Toast) the food is actually very reasonably priced indeed (in fact the same as you pay in greasy spoons). So sorry for that! (My husband paid on previous visits!).

Every time I am in Blackpool I visit this café, it is a little gem.

I always have scrambled egg on brown bread because this place does it so perfectly. Fluffy yummy eggs.

The owner is a very friendly warm character, it is clear she loves the place and wants to create a great experience for customers. The way she dealt with some disabled customers and a large group including several children (re-arranging chairs and helping them inside) was very professional and nice.

I shall continue to visit and recommend to all, a warm inviting place.

Visited August 2014
Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
A second lovely review !
I really don't know how to start my reply......

There was no need to apologise for your previous comment, about your first review...everyone has their own thoughts on value for money, however for you to write those lovely words, means the world to Mark & I.
Mark makes the scrambled eggs, as all the other food, and he thanks you for appreciating his efforts!
To receive good service and to be welcoming costs nothing, and it is a pleasure to welcome every single person to Cedars, and it is a pleasure to help in any way I can.

We both look forward to you visiting Cedars soon,
Until then, with best wishes

Blackpool ,Lancashire.
“Very pleasant cafe.Well worth the visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Called in for breakfast.Very attentive service in pleasant clean surroundings.Lovely fresh and wholesome food.You can not ask for better than that.Would certainly go again.Thanks.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Many thanks for your lovely review of Cedars. We are delighted that you thought everything was just right, and that you didn't require more.
We do hope you will visit us again soon,
With best wishes Janice & Mark
Blackpool
“Great value, superb service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Called here for lunch with our granddaughter and were delighted. The cafe, which is clean with an attractive, modern feel, is family-run and other cafe owners in Blackpool should visit here and see how it should be done.
Good-sized portions offer very good value. We all had sandwiches, but I had the club sandwich with a side portion of chips. As it turned out, the chips - although very good - were not really needed, such was the size of the club sandwich. The service was delightful, friendly and honest. Plenty of other tempting things on the menu, so we will definitely return... in fact we probably wouldn't go anywhere else for lunch now.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your trip to Cedars.
We are both thrilled that you and your grand-daughter enjoyed your visit and that you enjoyed your Club Sandwich !

Your lovely words regarding other Café owners, is deeply touching and it has personally touched me that you felt so strongly about the service you received.

Both Mark & I look forward to welcoming you soon to our little Café,
and until then, with warmest wishes..
Colne, United Kingdom
“Second to none!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Before I start I'd like to say I'm very honest with reviews and felt so strongly about our experience I must be as expressive as possible.
We've been visiting Blackpool for many years as we don't live to far away and always had a problem finding somewhere half descent with a good range of food. After checking out trip-advisor the other day we decided to try cedars.
The restaurant / cafe is in a lovely little square, amongst some others and is very well presented. It's exceptionally clean with plenty of seating both inside and out.
The staff were VERY friendly AND accommodating (we had 3 teenage girls with us) and nothing was too much trouble. In fact the lovely lady serving went above and beyond to make sure we were catered for and happy.
Don't be afraid to ask for something not on the menu (2 of ours asked for egg, chips and beans) this was not a problem.
There is a good selection on the menu and it is very reasonable, I doubt any other food in Blackpool be as good and so reasonably priced. Even the drinks were good quality (including the latte and hot chocolate).
I never order salad as a main when eating out but I had the farmhouse ham salad with a choice of dressing and it was delicious!! Our other meals included posh cheese on toast, egg mayo and tuna sandwiches and bowl of chips. All served with salad and crisps and the bowl of 'proper chips' were lovely and only £2! We all thought the same, great food!
To top it off the deserts / cakes are exceptional!! All homemade and again amazing value. I'd go so far as to say the best bakewell tart I and my mum (who is very fussy) have ever tasted.
All in all if you want good service, a clean environment, amazing food for next to nothing go to cedars. I would have paid well over what we we paid for such good service and food. This is our new place to eat whilst in Blackpool.
FYI - if you struggle to find it walk past the church and the square is on your left....enjoy!!

Visited July 2014
Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Many,many thanks for the lovely review you have written regarding your recent trip to Cedars, with your family.
Both my husband and I are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit, and that you felt you were well served, with quality food, along with value for money.
When you next visit Blackpool, we do hope to see you all again, and, if I remember rightly ...you have a big family holiday coming up....have a wonderful time, stay safe and see you all soon .
With kindest wishes,
x
“Spot on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Arrived in Blackpool later than planned and remembered this place on here so popped in for a bite to eat, one minute before cut off for the breakfast. Full English was delivered to the table whilst I was outside sat in the sun and was one of the best breakfasts I've ever bought out. No grease on it, poached egg beautifully cooked, bacon was delicious!

Only popped in the place to pay my bill it looked immaculate inside. I presume the lady on the till was the owner, she was lovely and friendly.

You should be proud of this establishment!

Will be back without out a doubt.

Well done!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Gosh !
What a lovely review of your recent visit to Cedars, in the sunshine!
We are both delighted that you enjoyed both the food, service and cleanliness!
Both my husband & I have worked very hard to create an eating experience that is hopefully memorable and positive, and we look forward very much to your return visit.
With best wishes & kind regards,