“A great weekend away!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #584 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“A great weekend away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

After reading some reviews I was hesitant about my stay, but glad I had already payed before I read them. I think these people who criticise are clearly more suited to a Hilton hotel stay but obviously can not afford the prices and expect more then what they pay for. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant nothing was ever too much and any problems were easily fixed. Only a two minute walk into town which was great for me, I had everything on my doorstep. I stayed in a double e suit room for two nights with my partner which was clean and came with everything I needed. The hotel even had a bar with a pool table and telly if we didn't fancy going out. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a homily pleasant stay in Blackpool but if you're critical at the smallest things I would not bother this hotel or any other in blackpool with your hard to please nature and would advise to fork some extra money out for the Hilton. People are to quick to judge these hotels/B&Bs in Blackpool I have stayed in many over the years and never understand why people go to them if what they are actually looking for is a 5 star hotel. You can't pay penny's and expect the royal palace.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Couldn't ask for much more from the Bellton. Good sized room, clean, good food and sells cheap beer!!

Family were warm and welcoming, willing to help with any questions no problem and would go out there way without been asked.

Right in the city centre so if there is no bays available there is cheap 24 hour car parks!

Will be staying again
Liam

• Stayed May 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with friends for 1 night for my 30th Birthday. What should of been a memorable weekend of happy memories, turned into such a disappointment. On arrival we were greeted by another guest who explained where to park our vehicle and where the toilets were, we then waited for a member of staff to appear. We paid the balance in full, in cash as there were no facilities to pay on card. I found this strange as I thought that we would pay on departure not prior to receiving our room key. 2 of my friends had checked in earlier and when we met up with them later they informed us that they had located empty lager cans in their bathroom, which worried me that the rooms had not been cleaned prior to our arrival.
When getting ready to go our I went into the bathroom to get ready I realised that there were no showers, which resulted in us going out for my 30th birthday without being able to have a shower and get ready properly. We then met my friends in the bar to have a drink before we left the hotel. We noticed that the bar was very dark, this was due to chandaliers which only had 1 light bulb working. There were several vases full of flowers which had been fresh at one point but were all now completely dead and in stagnant water resulting in a quite offending smell. Another disappointment especially for the men in the group is that we did not locate a pool table as shown in the photos. We were then informed that the only drink served behind the bar was vodka and coke. This was a particular dissapointment as we had paid a higher price to have the bar and pool facilities.At this point we left to seek another premises where we could enjoy a drink together.
On return to the hotel after my night out to my horror I realised there were no toilet rolls in the hotel room.
On checking out on the following morning we decided not to participate in breakfast as the cleanliness of the hotel, and the significant lack of facilities did not give us confidence that the food would be of an acceptable standard.
The hotel is overcharged and quite frankly ruined what is a once in a lifetime celebration.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked this B&B to stay for two nights as we were going to a gig at the winter gardens thinking this would be good as it was a perfect distance away. As we arrived we were greeted with high spirits and the stand-in staff seemed lovely. We were quite satisfied with our destination until we saw our rooms. It all went downhill from there. We had purchased two single rooms and were promised TV's, one of which didn't work, and the other room didn't have one at all. The rooms were dirty(especially the kettle), cold and there was no sugar/tea which was supposed to be included. They were poorly dedicated and there was no hint of any effort whatsoever. In one room, the wardrobe was a box of wood which wasn't big enough therefore the door wouldn't shut. Overall, the rooms were too cramped and in terrible condition.
The toilet was awful, with dust and hairs scattering the floor and windows.
Breakfast was cold, glasses were dirty and we didn't receive the offer for a brew. The next day, they didn't have all the ingredients.
The bar was lacking a variety of drinks and staff had to keep going to the shop as they had no change.
We were hassled by other visitors and family of staff and the atmosphere wasn't good.
At night the staff were arguing with guests/owners from other hotels and raised voices were heard from the rooms. Also, across the road, police vans were seen arresting people.
We wouldn't recommend the bellton to anyone and we will not be returning. The stay was quite unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
deborah b, Manager at The Bellton Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your review for The Bellton Hotel i remember you personally as i am stand in manager for Deborah whilst she is having chemotherapy.
When i took you upto your room you were satisfied and you had no complaints.
Tea facilities were included in your room not sure where you were looking.
You describe a wardrobe a box of wood but a wardrobe is a wardrobe nothing else.
The toilet was hygienically cleaned by myself.
The cooked breakfast was cooked fresh and was hot and the only item missing from your breakfast was mushrooms my apolagies.
You were offered tea,coffee and toast every morning.
The bar was well equipped and you even recieved a drink for free, it wasn't a problem for us to get change and it didn't cause you any problem.
I can assure you none of the staff were arguing and people getting arrested outside has nothing to do with us and our hotel.
Your review seems to be petty considering your comments in our guest book as follows
"Room 6-5 Loved it the staff are really friendly good value for money"
If you were dissatisfied with anything during your 2day stay with us then im sure you would of mentioned it but nothing was said, if it had been mentioned a full refund would of been issued.
Sorry you wont be returning.
Jen
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lone female looking for some me time after a chaotic and troublesome 3 months stumbled on this hotel by way of the internet and cheap prices. Didn't really expect or want too much other than time alone to re-group and gather some energy. WOW.....you ever heard that people come into your life at the right time and for the right reasons?....Well Mark, Deb & family were those people. Nothing was too much trouble, room was spot on, food was fantastic and proper, beer was cheap, location was in the thick of it, conversation was easy but valued, laughs were aplenty - and Ken (another guest) well he was just fabulously entertaining. If you want somewhere to stay that does what it says on the tin and offers fantastic value for money....get yourself moved into The Bellton - and welcome to the family

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want......
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

As we pulled up in the taxi we was greater by mark at the door .. He was very welcoming .. He tuck us to our room explained everything we needed to know .. We unpacked then went down stairs mark wasn't about but the was a young man there who helped us with what we wanted to know .. We went for food witch was dreadful on return we told mark what ad happened and he told us where we could get some food later if we wanted it .. He was so helpful thought out our stay .. My husband even as a few games on the Xbox with him and we met debs and his children lovely bunch of ppl .. We will be booking again soon thanks to everyone who mad our stay welcoming Karen and Tim xx

• Stayed January 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

When you visit Blackpool in January you need to be in a warm clean safe comfortable friendly hotel close to all the amenities. The bellton is absoutley perfect for this, even though the town was buzzing on a very busy weekend the staff made you feel very special nothing was too much trouble and the value for money was exceptional. It's important to me as I often travel on my own to feel safe and comfortable which I did. I would happily go back.

• Stayed January 2014

Been to The Bellton Hotel? Share your experiences!