“Absolutely Brilliant !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 533 Restaurants in Blackpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours: Friday and Saturday: Serving 5pm - 11pm (food orders 5pm - 8pm) Sunday: 1pm - 5pm Reservations not always necessary.
Catona, Italy
“Absolutely Brilliant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

For years me and my husband have been looking for somewhere decent in Blackpool to eat. Somewhere where it isn't loud, rough, expensive and bad food. When we had a look at reviews on here we thought with over 150 positive reviews that we would give it ago. We initially turned up on Friday, but it was fulled booked (I recommend that you book in advance to avoid disappointment, they also only food Friday and Saturday from 5 and on Sunday 1-3 pm) so we asked about Sunday. We arrived at 1, Danny was lovely and friendly, the atmosphere wad beautiful and classy-we felt right at home. We have an 11 month old baby and a highchair was provided, so don't be put off if you have children or babies. I had a nut roast with seasonal veg, and it was beautiful, the vegetables were perfect, and the nut roast was exquisite. My husband had lamb, and really enjoyed it. We then had hot chocolate brownie cake with ice cream, oh my goodness, it was amazing, I was too full to have a whole one myself. It was without a doubt the most delicious chocolate pudding I have ever had, it was warm, hot, smooth, rich and sort of crisp. It was like had in my husband's opinion, had the density of a Christmas pudding. I highly recommend that you book, and come here. It's all bespoke and homemade, personal, intimate, friendly, relaxed, enjoyable and calm. We have looked all over Blackpool and were continuously disappointed. We paid £6.95 for our main and we've paid more than this in the past, and it has been no where near as delicious, and the Asparagus soup with homemade artisan bread my husband had for a starter, which was £3.95, well we've paid similar prices elsewhere or £1 less, and it's been poor or even cheap stuff from a can. Without a doubt this place is one of Blackpool's best kept secrets, years of searching have been worth it. If only everywhere in Blackpool had this impeccable standard, would it have any real future other than for hen and stag nights.

glasgow
“Magnificent McHalls Miss it you Miss Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were two couples who went along via a recommendation from our Hosts at De Lovely Hotel and so very glad we did.

Made very welcome by Danny who was funny and entertaining, and very patient with us LOL ! The
food cooked by Gavin was excellent top marks for quality, presentation and portions. The service and ambience, was so great we went back for Sunday Lunch.

One of the best food experiences we have had can't recommend highly enough.

Milton Keynes
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant for a meal last night and could not have been more impressed.

We were made to feel very welcome when we arrived and the service continued to be attentive and friendly throughout.

The food was out of this world. Smoked salmon to start, peppered pork tenderloin for mains and then a chocolate brownie that melted in the mouth.

All at a very reasonable price too.

If you're in the Blackpool area, don't even hesitate to book here

England, United Kingdom
“A night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

10 of us celebrated Mums birthday last Friday - the warmest welcome from Danny - exceptional food from the freshest ingredients brilliantly cooked by Gavin - stunning value - a great fuss made of the birthday girl - much singing led by Danny who had gone to the trouble of putting balloons on the table and bringing a small candled cake - met some guests there who clearly enjoyed staying there as much as we enjoyed eating. One more thing go and see Sinatra The Main Event at The Pleasure Beach - it is brilliant.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent find! Will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a lovely meal here tucked away in the back streets of Blackpool just off the front. Food was outstanding, price was unbelievable and hospitality fantastic. Would recommend any day of the week!
Thanks, Hayley and Michael