“fantastic” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 Bakeries in Blackpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ma Bakers is just off the main Preston New Road on the World of Water site (formerly Wyevale Garden Centre).We are open 7 days a week from 9-4pm Mon-Sat, 10-4pm Sundays.We offer a range of breakfast's Served all day everyday except sunday till 12 noon.Sandwiches, pannini's, fresh soup, Jacket potatoes, cakes and much more. We make and cook everything but the bread!
Preston, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

this is a fabulous place to call for a tea and cake, a lovely brunch or Sunday dinner. They have the most fantastic spread of all different cakes and slices as well as light snacks such as toasties sandwiches jacket potatoes and much more. On Sundays they do one of the best roasts I have had, make sure you don't leave it too late or they WILL run out! The service is great and really there is not one bad thing you could say about it! 100% recommend it!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

blackpool
“Eccles cakes to die for !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My self and my wife called in just for a sandwich and a cup of coffee ,whilst waiting to place our order we noticed the Eccles arriving from the kitchen, Having been a Eccles cake lover for all my life I began to drool!!!!!!!!!! Hot and Fresh !!!!! and without doubt the best we have ever tried. still warm from the oven,If we ever needed an excuse to return we have just found it !!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“First class service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Perfect food and service as usual. Staff could do nothing more for you and as for the food superb. My favourite is the soup. I have had many different flavours and I have yet to find one I don't like.
Our favourite place to eat and when my parents are visiting from Spain we have to visit.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North West UK
“Computer Says No!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I visited on a Sunday. The specials were sold out. Never mind, I thought, I'll just have egg and chips. I was told, however, that this was not served on a Sunday. Interestingly, both egg and chips were on the menu in different places. Yes, strange I know that my request should be questioned. The front of house staff here are delightful but it seems they are on strict instruction from the owner in the kitchen. Seemingly, it is important "how" they write down the orders as it must match exactly an item on the reduced Sunday menu. This is clearly an exercise in revenue maximisation. I understand that they expect to make more money on a Sunday but on this occasion the specials had run out!
Ok, back to the egg and chips. Yes, I got my egg and chips but the owner in the kitchen made a point by serving the chips in a bowl and the eggs on a side plate. I'm guessing this was deliberate so I couldn't enjoy them together? I like this place - but it seems to me that the owners need to focus more on letting the customers buy what they want to buy (versus what they would prefer to sell them). Credit to the staff, must be tricky to manage this inflexibility in the face of the customer. Now, you will see from my other reviews that it is very seldom I feel the need to criticise any establishment but in this instance I feel it is justified.
Oh and you may be wondering what the egg and chips was like. Well, it was very nice indeed.

Visited January 2014
Danielle355, Owner at Ma Baker, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
We always like to thank our customers when taking the time out to post comments.
I (owner) apologies for not being in attendance on your visit as I would have happily explained in detail as to why we have a system in place specifically on Sundays when the traditional Sunday lunch is very popular! as your words "They were sold out". Actually the steak pie was still on the specials board and available!
As a regular customer, we have explained this to you on previous occasions.
Space in the food preparation area is somewhat constricting when trying to accommodate people's needs when we do have a varied menu choice in place!

Most restaurants offering a specific Sunday food service work in a similar manner. Rather than producing a detailed separate menu, most will have a separate printed matter illustrating the special Sunday lunch choice.
Our menu choice was designed allowing for the very small preparation area and only space for one chef to cook! But we feel the we offer ample selections to allow customers a varied choice.
With regards to specific written orders! we like to be precise as possible in order to alleviate mistakes making sure the customer receives their correct order! your order was a simple over site! I personally apologise.
I would be very grateful if on your next visit you would speak to me as I would be very happy to show you our preparation area so you can assess for yourself the limited space we have for food preparation!
The food standards agency would not have given the Cafe a Five star rating for nothing!.
I would like to point out that you omitted to pay your bill on your visit which I am sure his was an over site on your behalf, as you had asked for a separate bill to your sister
Preston, United Kingdom
“Super Festive Fare.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Because we eat regularly at Ma Bakers we decided to go there for the second year running to have a pre-Christmas meal with about 30 family and friends. On arrival there was a festive buzz and the tables were all laid out for the occasion.
My stilton and broccoli soup was delicious and the people who had the salmon prawn starter thoroughly enjoyed it. The main course tasted home-made and plentiful. Sweets were good followed by coffee and mince pies.
The meal was served by pleasant and efficient staff creating a memorable festive occasion
appreciated by all the diners.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Danielle355, Owner at Ma Baker, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you Enid for your review. Your family are a pleasure to serve and are always courteous and friendly! We are so pleased you enjoyed your Christmas get together. Hope to see you soon. From the girls at Ma's