“Best chips ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Best chips ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My family and I were looking for somewhere quiet, cheap and cheerful to eat on a Sunday night so decided to eat here. I was staying at the Merginn Hotel round the corner an had noticed it a couple of days earlier so thought we would try it out. We arrived about 6pm and they were just closing the restaurant area which seemed a bit early as they were open till 9pm however they told us we could still eat in, to take a seat and they would take our order.
We all decided what we wanted but as I normally tend to find that I'm given far too many chips which tend to be floppy and greasy I suggested that instead of the little one having kids scampi and chips, she should get adult scampi (12 pieces instead of 4 I think and saved us 40p in the process) and we share my chips. When the food arrived it looked amazing with good sized portions. My chicken nuggets were battered beautifully and the little one's scampi were breaded just how we both like them! On trying the chips they were absolutely gorgeous and the best chips ever so I was gutted I suggested we share them!!
For 3 adult meals, an adult scampi, a juice, 1 tea and 1 coffee it cost us just over £15 which was a bargain!! What we did find very expensive was ketchup at 16p so we did without (we think 5p in McDonalds is expensive!)!
We will definitely visit again if we're ever in Blackpool!

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“looks can be deceiving.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I'd never had food from here until recently because it looked a bit tired and grubby on the outside. However I am absolutely over the moon with the food from there. Everybody in my family loves the chips and the fish is lovely too. I don't know what they do to the chips but they taste like they used to when I was little.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“The best fish and chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have been visiting Blackpool for many years now, and i have visited the Derby on every visit. It hasn't changed a bit since i was a young lad on holiday with my parents. This adds to the trip down memory lane scenario. My wife and i were there with our two boys, and we were under £20 for all of our meals. The best value ( and tasting ) fish and chips you can get anywhere.

Visited May 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Local chippy with great views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

a nice clean chippy with pleasant staff. just oof the prom behind the hilton hotel. good range of food with a seated area.

Visited April 2013
“Great fish chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Went tonight for 2 x fish chips, shop was empty so fresh fish was in the fryer in seconds, was soon on way home with my dinner in the bag, got home in five minuets to find my freshly cooked fish n chips pipping hot, full of flavour with batter to die for. I would rate this as one of the best fish n chips I have ever had in the uk.
Well done and thank you.