“Great location Friendly & Clean” 4 of 5 stars

The Fairway
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   34-36 Hull Road, Blackpool FY1 4QB, England   |
Ranked #181 of 886 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Leicester
“Great location Friendly & Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

We were a group of six on a reunion. The weather was bad outside but the reception at fairway's was good. Very good location for Tower and town centre 5 mins walk. Lounge and bar area was comfortable and homely. we had a good time at the hotel especially as it appeared most of the town shut early. The breakfast was lovely. many thanks to David and Erica for making us welcome.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kent
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

We booked in July for our stay here in November for a Dance event that we attend every year. There were 17 people in total from the same group. I booked two rooms, a double and a twin. I paid my £40 deposit and never heard another word!! I called a week before to check my booking as I had not even had a receipt for my card payment, also because one of the members of our party could not attend due to having swine flu. I wanted to change my booking to a single room instead of a double. The lady on the other end of the phone confirmed that this would be fine and that I wouldn't have to pay for the person not attending.

When we arrived we were greeted by a woman coughing everywhere behind the bar, not bothering to cover her mouth and I explained that we had a booking. She referred me to whom I assume was her husband and I gave my name and explained about my phone conversation. He turned rather quickly from abrupt to aggressive and said that the person I had spoken to on the phone had "been sacked because she was useless" and that I would have to pay for the TRIPLE room I had been booked into.

Well, to say I was shocked is an understatement. I was the only person in the room with this man so felt completely vulnerable and the language that was coming out of his mouth could give Mike Reed a run for his money!!

I asked if there was any way he could re-jig the rooms to save anyone from having to lose out. I said I understood that this would be a pain but if he would do it I would be very grateful. I even negotiated to pay for 1 ½ people, but he was insisting that I HAD to pay for 3 people. The alternative, he told me in a snotty manner, was to "go and find somewhere else to stay and get the [--] out of my face". Well... What can I say?
That is what I promptly did. I went next door to the nicest B&B where the manager was so kind. I didn't tell him about my issue, I simply asked for two rooms for the weekend.

When I went back next door to explain that I no longer needed the rooms I had booked as I had found alternatives as he suggested. He then tried to force me to pay for the rooms. When I refused to pay he told me that basically he would just take the money from me anyway. When I asked how he just said there were ways to do this and that that wasn’t my concern.

End Result = A grown man made a 20 something year old cry with his aggressive, threatening and bullying behaviour. I tried to explain that I had tried to be reasonable with him, negotiate the cost with him, explained that I had pre-informed him of this situation and that there were 14 other people due to stay there for the same 3 nights, plus, we were going to stay next door now, and guess what?? All of a sudden he turned nice.

Apparently a round of drinks at the bar would make up for this and that he all of a sudden could re-jig the rooms to be accommodating to our situation. I don't think so.

also found his apparent dislike for his neighbours extremely unprofessional and it was embarrassing really. To watch a grown man in charge of a business behave like that is appalling.
I then spoke to my colleagues later that evening who said that they had a rather frosty reception from his wife, that they refused to put the central heating on and that they hated every minute of their stay there. Also the man had been telling them all about our incident, making out that I was the instigator and clearly trying to make me look as unprofessional as possible but only succeeding in doing that about himself.

I expect he will say that this review is fake, but if you wish to discuss this with me please feel free. IT IS NOT A FAKE REVIEW and that man ruined my weekend. I also had to cancel my bank card to make sure he didn’t take money from my account without authorisation.

I am so outraged and disgusted by this man that I am reporting him to the relevant authorities and associations.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Isle Of Wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

we stayed in the lodge for five days and there was 9 of us when we arrived we was stunned by how nice the apartment was and also how big it was the staff could not do enough for us and also the food was excellent all we can say a big thank you for a great time and we will be back again for sure
many thanks
sharon and steve white and family

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

First I would like to thank dave and erica once again for a lovely stay.

We stayed at fairway hotel bank holiday weekend in August and this time we stayed in the flat at lodge it is very big with own kitchen and living room I would recommend to families or group of ladies and lads. The rooms are very big confortable and got every think you need for a good comfortable stay.

We go to blackpool 2-3 times a year and we now always stay at the fairway. Dave and Erica cannot do another for you and always make you very welcome and once you have been once you will go back.

Breakfast is very good too and cannot fault this hotel in anyway.

Mr & Mrs Bling

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

The fairway is a great and friendly place to stay.

Staff: They was so polite and very helpful. They would go out of there way to help with what ever they could,

Food: The food was perfect and well prepaired.

Rooms: The rooms was clean and tidy with lots of space for you're things.

Thanks for a great time at you're B&B we will defo be back to stay with you again in the future.

Mr & Mrs Gibbs (Room 12)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
impulsedh, owner at The Fairway, responded to this review, October 15, 2009
Great Couple. I know they enjoyed Blackpool, Smiles all week.

Glad you noticed the extra room for a travel cot as your gonna need it next year (no charge lol). Keep in touch. Dave & Erica
YORKSHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

From first meeting owners Dave and Erica it was like staying with family. Great service throughout our stay and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. We were on b&b basis and the food was excellent and certainly not rationed. The hotel itself is located within easy walking distance of town centre and all amenities. We will certainly be returning here when we next stay in blackpool. Highly recomended!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

we have stayed in the fairways hotel for the last 6 years and we stayed in the sandygate as well when dave and erica had that hotel both been well run by dave and erica that is why we moved to the fairways and we will not go anywhere else in blackpool the hotel is warm and friendly there as been a lot of work put in to make your stay very enjoyable meals excellent rooms clean and tidy bar and bar area comfortable only one problem i have got with the bar is there is know draught beer eg bitter and there is nothing to much trouble for this wonderful couple see you soon mick hemsworth yorkshire

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to The Fairway? Share your experiences!