“Friendly clean bed and breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Fairway to your Saves list
The Fairway
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   34-36 Hull Road, Blackpool FY1 4QB, England   |
Ranked #294 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Friendly clean bed and breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Lovely clean friendly bed and breakfast, run by a lovely couple, stayed with dance school for the weekend were great with kids, lovely fresh breakfast on morning with a lot of choice, tea n coffee in rooms great prices for weekend would definitely stay again

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at the Fairway last night for a birthday night in Blackpool and can't recommend it highly enough. Dave and Erica are perfect hosts, really warm and friendly. We enjoyed their hospitality, conversation and humour!
The hotel was clean and welcoming, with lovely comfy beds and we even had a mini fridge in the room.
Breakfast this morning was lovely - the staff were helpful and polite and the full English just what we needed after a night on the town.
For a great value for money stay you can't beat the Fairway, we'll be back!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We've just left fairways and had a wicked weekend, the hotel was very clean and was cleaned during the day which was great. The hotel was welcoming and the staff were very friendly and willing to help. Breakfast was lovely, the bar staff were easy going and there customers service was outstanding. As two of us our dancer we needed and extension on our room, our request was easy to deal with and it was dealt within minutes, after we were out the room we had to go to the dancing competition and didn't not want to hold all our bags, the hotel agreed to look after our bags until we came back which we was very grateful for. After we came back to collect our bags we ended up staying until our coach arrival as the staff invited us in and they were very good company. We have had an amazing weekend and are very happy that we picked the fairways as our accommodation. We would recommend the fairways to stay in for all dancers and to all people.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
stoke on trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

once again ive experienced a fantastic time in blackpool
and it is all due to the time i spent at the fairway.
the staff were all fantastic and very obliging and polite.
i was given a lovely room that was lovely and clean and fresh.
the bar was nice and friendly and reasonable.
cant wait till i go back again

ian stoke

p.s the breakfast was awesome .

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I have just returned home after a week at The Fairway.This was our fourth visit.From day one you are made very welcome with Dave and Erica, nothing is too much trouble.The breakfast is the best I,ve ever had in England and comperes well with any we have had in Europe,Erica is always on hand to make sure you get everything you want.At night theres usually plenty of people in the bar with Dave behind the bar keeping everybody amused with his stories of when he was in a group.All in all we always have a fab time at the Fairway.We will definately be going again next year.

Room Tip: Sometimes rooms overlooking the street can be noisy from late night revellers, due to central locati...
Skelmersdale, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at The Fairway on 18/10/13 with my wife. I had looked at the reviews previous to booking and thought that with so many good reviews and very few poor ones then I was getting a bargain at £55 for the night including breakfast. How wrong was I?
We arrived at around 9.30pm. The only place to park the car was 10 minutes walk away from the hotel, I do realise this is not the owners fault but did feel the lady that took our booking could have informed us of parking problems before we got there. I did find the downstairs area of the building quite clean and inviting, however this was spoilt by the coldness of the Canadian/American dude who was less than welcoming, a touch eerie and overall would make a superb Norman Bates double. We were handed the keys to room 16 along with the remote for the tv which, while we're on the subject, had a smaller screen than my wifes iphone. When we opened the door to room 16 it looked to me okay at best and it was very small. I walked further into the room and noticed that for every step I took the floorboards sang a tune. Unpacking I was a little peeved and my wife (who makes the best of any situation) told me not to worry it was just for one night. We nipped out for a quick bite to eat then returned to our room. My wife started to get ready for bed and so turned on the taps for a wash, when she did.... HOLY MOLY MOTHER OF GOD.... a bubbly little liquid shot up from drain in the shower cubicle, how the two connect is beyond me but that didn't worry more than the absolutely horrendous stench that came out of the pipes. When the taps were turned off again the smell went again. We decided not to use them again for the night, we were that tired we just went to bed. The following morning we went down for breakfast, we were rushed into having a full breakfast, which had a 1 mushroom rule imposed on it and we helped ourselves to the cheap nasty coffee. Straight after breakfast we went upstairs, got our bags and left... we didn't complain to anyone because to be honest after the night I'd had... I just couldn't be bothered. I would definitely not stay there ever again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room... choose a different hotel.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here at the end of August 13 with my wife and 19 yo son. Impossible to get a hotel more central than this as you are beside everything. We paid a total of £216 for the 3 of us for 4 nights B&B, what a bargain. Bar was very good but a tad quiet which may suit a lot of people. Room was not the largest but big enough to sleep in, get a shower and get ready to go out. Very clean and if you needed anything all you had to do was ask and they got it for you. Breakfast was excellent although I am not a huge fan of the full English and there were other choices available. As for downsides I really would be nit-picking at these prices so none worth mentioning. So a 10 out off 10 from us. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Fairway? Share your experiences!