“Comfortable Hotel with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   282 North Promenade, Blackpool FY1 2EZ, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Comfortable Hotel with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We arrived in Blackpool quite late on in the evening so were just phoning up on spec for accommodation. We got a good price for our family room. The room was adequate, a double bed and 2 single beds which was ideal just for one night but a bit on the small side if you were staying any longer. The bathroom was the same. adequate for the one night but was in need of updating. We had a peaceful nights sleep and the beds were really comfy. The Breakfast was good and the staff were really friendly. We would go back again if we were in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AshGaur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out from your busy schedule to write a review about the BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel. I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. It is honest feedback from discerning guests such as you that drives our team to provide the guests the best of our services at all times.

We are pleased to learn that your enjoyed our facilities and services and shall surely convey your kind words to the team.

I would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest and I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Ash Gaur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Machynlleth, Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Carlton is ideally situated minutes away from Blackpool North railway station. There is also a tram stop directly opposite the hotel.

I'm staying for 2 nights and checked in around 7pm. Although the on site restraunt stops serving at 9pm, they were more than happy for me to dine just after 9pm. They had a 2 course menu for £10.95 and a 3 course for £15.95. Garlic mushrooms to start and Sirloin Steak for main (for a £1 supplement) were fantastic! Service was second to none.

I had a night on the town and returnes at 5.30am. I didn't like the fact that I had to explain who I was and as there is no key entry after 11pm, it can make for an awkard drunken meeting with the night porter! At least you know you are safe and that only residents are allowed in after hours!

The single room was excellent. I'm in room 122. Although a little small, just the right size for 1 person. There is a step up to the bathroom though but they warm you about this upon check in. I had hot water issues while I was there and so dialled reception on 0 and this was rectified in no time!

All in all, excellent stay and highly reccomended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked here with friends based on the positive reviews, what a mistake that was !! My room had mould under the windows, water stains on ceiling, big stain on carpet, the sink had been glued back together, toilet was filthy and the shower filled up within seconds so you had to make it a really quick shower to avoid flooding the bathroom. I had a lovely noise from the generator outside which meant i had to try and sleep with what sounded like the bathroom fan had been left on. I go to Blackpool every year with friends for a long weekend and I won't be staying or recommending this hotel, I have to say that it has put me off Best Western Hotels in general. I honestly don't know how the staff aren't embarrassed when taking ur money knowing that ur going to be greeted by a mouldy room. I would go as far as to say that the company must be breaking the law for false advertising. Many will read this and think "it's 1 of those moaners that is never happy unless they are complaining". I promise u, I am usually happy if I have a bed and a clean bathroom as its just a base to sleep and wash. I don't expect 5 star facilities for the price of 3 star, but I do expect reasonable standards for the price I paid. I will put pictures on of what the rooms really look like, because its not quite the same as the brochure and u can decide for yourselves.

However....................the lift was nice and clean and location was good !!

• Stayed May 2014
Newbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed in a single room on floor 2 and there was damp both sides of the window. The room had been repainted quite recently but the wet wall was clearly visible through the paper/paint.

The room and the whole of the top floor corridor smelt of mould/damp.

Bedroom soundproofing also poor - I could clearly hear what was going on in the next room!

Stair carpets getting threadbare

Not enticing....

On the other hand, the staff were very helpful and polite.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
AshGaur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to post your feedback about your experience at the BEST WESTERN CARLTON HOTEL.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service standards at the hotel and you found the staff to be polite and helpful.

I am truly aware that some rooms are in need of modernisation, and I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that, plans are in place to refurbish the hotel next year.

I do hope that when you are next planning to visit the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Usk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Regular visitors to Blackpool as have family living here(see other Blackpool hotel reviews I've left).
Great hotel, lovely, friendly staff, comfortable room, fabulous sea view . Yes the room isn't the largest I've stayed in but it was more than adequate and by far the nicest hotel I've stayed in in Blackpool. Fabulous breakfast. I'm looking forward to my next visit in the summer months as the Indian Restaurant will be open!
The receptionist lady was lovely and very obliging when my daughter came to the hotel, thank you and see you soon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out from your busy schedule to post a review about your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a comfortable stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that your enjoyed our facilities and services and shall surely convey your kind words to our staff that helped you and your family while you were at the BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel. We look forward to feedback from our guests that drives our team to provide the guests the best of our services at all times.

I would like to thank you once again for your valuable feedback and look forward to serving you and your family again in the near future.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Good value for money at quieter end of Blackpool.Very good breakfast was great with lots of choices. The room was good yes OK a bit hot but we had a great nights sleep. Good free parking and only a short walk from town centre.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am happy to note that we were able to meet up to your expectations and you enjoyed the service levels at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your lovely feedback and your kinds words. Such comments from our valuable guests help us to serve our guest in a better way every time they visit our hotel.

Regards

Ash Gaur

Been to BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel? Share your experiences!