“Reminder of Anaheim” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Village Hotel Herons Reach
Lancashire
“Reminder of Anaheim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Although not in the same league as the Anaheim Buca which is ginormous this was a lovely evening and nice to see they did not have pseudo Italians working there.

Visited March 2013

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Oh Dear!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I still can't believe that a restaurant situated within supposedly on of Blackpool's best hotels could have been quite so poor.
The serving staff gave me the impression that they would only get paid if they managed to sell things I hadn't asked for (bread, olives and sparkling water) and consequently didn't deliver the things that I did I did ask for. The hot starter was returned, as it wasn't hot. The main course took an age to arrive, and then without the vegetables that turned up when we'd nearly finished the meal. We had half a litre of white wine which cost about £15, was served in a carafe, and was some of the poorest quality wine I've ever had with any meal. I didn't hang around for sweet; I'd had enough.
It was a shambles! Never again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“OMG”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Never again, the staff wasn't the problem its the food. Never had such awful meals, so disappointed. We had a voucher but even with this it was still to much to pay for tasteless , dry rubbish. I read the reports before I went but decided to give it a go didnt think it would be as bad. Will never return and would not recommend this to anybody. Also when trying to book coulndt get through cost me a furtune, maybe that was an omen.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Poor standard of service
Poor standard of food
Poor choice for vegetarians on the inclusive menu
Just poor.

Visited April 2013
cumbria
“Atrocious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This has to be the worst meal at a hotel we have had dry lasagne with no cheese sauce soggy pizza and cheap foul wine I was actually physically sick after my meal
Don't go is the best advice I can give!

• Visited March 2013