“Don't do it” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Village Hotel Herons Reach
BLACKPOOL
“Don't do it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Run by kids with no idea what's going on, hygiene not the best not enough serving cutlery so plenty of fingers in food, starter plates still on table when eating dessert, eat all u can but left hungry, whole experience left a bad taste literally , 4star hotel really?

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Douglas Isle of Man
“Bucca Di Beppo Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This restaurant was the only one in the hotel and if you did not like Italian food you had a[problem selecting from the menu. while I am in favor of saving the environment etc I think linen tablecloths rather than plastic ones would have been more in keep of the image.

Visited March 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Nice visit again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went for Sunday Lunch today, food lovely, house red wine delicious, staff attentive and meal half price!! All in all, a nice afternoon. I have read the other reviews for Bucca and I honestly feel like I went to another restaurant. I would 100% recommend to others.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Thank god it was 50% off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to this restaurant after getting a 50% off voucher through the door. Thank god we didn't have to pay full price.
Whilst the staff were friendly and attentive, the food was absolutely awful. The garlic bread would have doubled as a fisby, our main course was wrong which meant that one of us had to eat their main whilst the rest had to wait another 20 mins. When our correct main arrived we wished we had stuck with the wrong order as this had looked more appetising. The only plus was that we were not charged for a bottle of wine due to the error.
Come on De Vere, you are a large hotel company, sort this terrible food out!!

Visited February 2013
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
“Poor service even with more staff than customers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I went with my partner to try this restaurant after getting a voucher. We were seated after a wait. 10 minutes went by and no one came for a drinks order there were lot of staff who were been spoken to by the manager. I eventually got up and went to the bar and asked if someone could take our drinks order. They came. We then got a second waitress to take our order I asked about the chicken and what it came with. She just repeated word for word the menu I asked again and she still had no idea so I ordered the steak. The meal was eventually came and steak was good however, not what I was expecting from a flat iron which should be a thin rectangular shape. What we were served was more like a rib eye. There was a lot of staff and a table of 30 came in, eventually one off them came to the front to say can we place our food order and were met with a waitress saying hang on I will be 5 minutes. They were not even looking after the big party! The staff did not seem to know what there roles were and often just stood having a chat even though customers were often trying to get there attention. This restaurant is not what you would expect from a hotel that is meant to pride themselves on customer service.