“Nothing was too much trouble” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De-Lovely

You added De-Lovely to your Saves list
De-Lovely
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   82 Lord Street | North Shore, Blackpool FY1 2DG, England   |
Ranked #24 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
glossop
“Nothing was too much trouble”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have just spent 4 nights in De-Lovely and I was really looked after by Stevie and Leigh (plus some lovely cuddles with the gorgeous FiFi)! Nothing was too much trouble, and from my first welcome cuppa to my last delicious cooked breakfast. The room was tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean - a really comfy home from home. I booked because I wanted a haven after long days at work and that is exactly what I got - a heavenly haven! This is the kind of service you rarely find these days and De-Lovely put many other hotels to shame. Thanks guys and FiFi for everything and for hope to see you again soon. Lv Ally xx

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Derbys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My friend and I stayed at De Lovely after watching it deservedly win Channel 4's Four In A Bed...and we found out exactly why they won.
Upon booking, Stevie called and emailed me to say that everything had been processed ok (we booked on line)..what a lovely and exceptionally unusual and fantastic touch...that was just the start of it...then Stevie called us on the morning as we were driving to make sure everything was ok, upon arrival we were greeted on the doorstep, then poured a De Lovely (sorry!) and much needed cuppa, shown to our GORGEOUS room (incidentally, the bar / restaurant area is also gorgeous and amazing...we were blown away), given the low down on where was good to visit / dine etc and given some vouchers for local attractions (which saved us a fortune)...later on we had some drinks in the bar which is such a great atmosphere..so ,much so that we came back early to finish the night there...who needs Blackpool nightlife when you can drink in De Lovely Bar?
I could ramble (more) but I won't...just everything was fantastic, service, rooms, food, smiles, laughs, hugs, the lot...just try it! You won't regret it and the visitor book is a page turner...full of praise and well earned lovely words.
De-Lovely, we love you!
Thank you Stevie, Leigh, Fifi and Mark x

Room Tip: All looked amazing..check the website where everything is accurately described.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Well what can i say this was our 1st time staying in De-Lovely, we saw the programme four in a bed and thought hmmm we will give it a try.
Thank god we did these two lads have really done Blackpool very very proud, the hotel was perfectly decorated to a very high standard,it was spotlessly clean our room was on the top floor.."WOW" i loved it, my husband and i have stayed in a few guest houses in Blackpool...errr mouldy bathrooms, very cheaply furnished rooms and no atmosphere.............well not this time, our room was spotless highly decorated, with some very very special touches only a lady and a gay man would think of...IE we always have to take a four gang extension socket because you only have one socket for your hair apliences...but not here nice touch by the lads as one was already supplied.
The breakfast was to die for the sausages Mmmmmmm my hubby usually gets to eat mine but not a chance at De-Lovely.
Leigh and Stevie are a very special couple they divide their time amongst all the guests equally, their kindness was overwhelming we went as strangers and came away as friends we have already booked for october weekend....

Room Tip: Any room they are all fantasic and beautifuly decorated and clean. sorry no pool but did rain..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Blackpool isn't renowned for its remarkable accommodation lets be honest. The exteriors are enough to send even the most hardened traveller running for the hills and that's before even venturing inside.

My friend is a bone fide fuss pot and will not stay anywhere that looks remotely dodgy and as I came across the De-Lovely during a search, I thought that based on the images and the feedback that it would suffice and pray that when we arrived the images matched up.

The place is nice, run by nice people and matches up to the level of expectation shown on the website, I wasn't overly impressed that the guys went out when we arrived meaning the bar wasn't open for pre night out drinks - personal opinion is that facilities shouldn't be provided if they cant be used. We would have spent money in the bar before going out in the evening had it been open.

The guys are really nice people who cannot do enough to help you so don't worry about asking them for help and advice, they know what they are talking about.

Overall this place is definitely worth the money, don't even consider other places until you have tried this one.

My only complaint is the lecture about "No overnight guests", not really necessary and unlikely in any case. I would put a note on the site saying even if you are booking a double you are only having one person in there. (perhaps it does somewhere)

Would I recommend, yes. Would I go back yes, would I consider elsewhere, no.

Looking forward to going back soon.

Phil

Room Tip: Pay for the double even if you are alone, for space and comfort
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we were treated to peace, quiet and pure relaxation. Everything we needed was provided for us and our two children aged 4 and 1. Nothing was too much trouble. Lovely hot cooked breakfast, beautiful bedroom and a spotlessly clean bathroom. Our hosts had plenty of knowledge of the areas attractions and were so helpful with vouchers and transport details. Leigh and Stevie are the most attentive perfect hosts. De lovely treatment from De lovely people. Izzy, Dave, Freya & Eloise x PS. Freya loved Mark the monkey!

Stayed April 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at De-Lovely for one night after seeing the hotel on the TV program 4 in a bed.
We had a super stay. Stevie and Leigh were excellent hosts and even spent some time chatting to us about the programme we had seen which I was delighted with.
We had the Royal Red room which was just as the photos show with a great little en suite bathroom and good tea making facilities. The entire hotel was very clean and wonderfully decorated.
Our cooked breakfast was excellent and super hot. Stevie was a superb host catering for our breakfasting needs and again was extremely welcoming.
We will definately conme back here as it was such an enjoyable experience and excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2012
A Sandpit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

From the moment I called to book and spoke to Stevie to the moment I regrettably said good bye , I was made to feel welcome, Nothing really was too much trouble to Stevie and Lee from the welcoming brew when I arrived to the little friendly touches, I felt like I was with friends Id known for years

The rooms are excellent, clean and offer fantastic value for money as well as being at a standard well in excess of the normal B&B.They really could give Boutique hotels charging triple the cost a run for their money.

Just a few minutes from Blackpool North Railway station and nightlife to suit all tastes.

Both Stevie and Lee go out of their way to make nothing to much trouble and I really didn’t want to check out and leave!

Breakfast was fab - everything you need to start the day and some.
You may have seen the hotel on a TV programme – its easy to see why it won !
Wether your saying midweek or weekend make sure you do stay at this hotel !
Somehow I think ill be back again soon

Jay

Room Tip: All of the rooms here superb !
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Steven K, Owner at De-Lovely, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Hi Jay ,
Thanks for the great review , that's really kind of you. Hope all is well with you and we see you with the boys here soon.
Till next time
Stevie x

Been to De-Lovely? Share your experiences!