“Simply..........EXCELLENT!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
scotland
“Simply..........EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed at the Imperial from 14th to 16th April for my wife's birthday. We have stayed in Blackpool many times and at the Imperial several times too. This time we got a really good 2 night deal on their website (bed and breakfast with dinner on our first night, including a bottle of wine, and afternoon tea on our 2nd day) and I decided to email the hotel in advance to ask about any possible upgrades.

We were absolutely delighted with our room (222) which had a stunning sea view, and a huge bathroom. The sitting area in the bedroom was also an added bonus. We had the pleasure of meeting Alison (General manager) in person, and she is truly a credit to her hotel and the rest of her staff team. All staff that we dealt with were very attentive and friendly and this was evident throughout our stay.

The food was excellent, although breakfast could be a very busy time, however the hotel had the courtesy of letting their guests know this, by putting letters under the bedroom doors to this effect.

So, thank you Alison, and thank you to the rest of your team. It was a pleasure to meet you, and I am sure we will return many times in the near future.

Room Tip: Of course the hotel cannot guarantee any upgrades, but from this experience I am sure they will do t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear "Bigcraig",

Thank you so much for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor, I really appreciate it! It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Imperial on your special occasion and I was pleased we were ab le to upgrade you. This as you know is not always possible, but we do try to ensure our tema are aware of any special celebrations.

I'm so glad we were able to make your celebration that little bit more special and look forward to seeing you again soon,

Alison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The décor of this hotel is lovely, it needs some money spent on it to be a 4* experience.
A bit overpriced for what you actually get, the price we paid you would expect an immaculate room but it was a little tired.
Check in was excellent, check out was awful had to wait for at least 20 mins. Was going to eat there but there were no seats available due to the slow checkout. Would recommend the promenade café down the road!
Don't think we will be back, wanted to see the period features etc but not worth the money and would probably stick to the boring Hilton!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

I do hope that if you are in the area again you will consider staying with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights ago with my family. Nice friendly staff on check in, really helpful. Room was small but comfy and clean (twin room). Went for spa treatments, the therapists were lovely and looked after us but unfortunately their treatments dont match the descriptions in the spa brochure. My mum had an eye treatment and her make up wasnt removed which is bad. We both had the 'soft feet' treatment and after leaving the spa and looking at the results, well, there wasnt any results! me and my mum both had the same amount of hard/cracked skin as when we first went in there and nothing had changed, even the foot massage wasnt a deep one as stated in the description, I was disappointed as I was looking forward to this part. I am a spa therapist myself and know that this was a poor performance, I would again like to stress that the therapists were lovely and it isnt against them. The pool, jacuzzi and changing area was clean and looked after.
Anyway we complained at main reception and the staff were very keen to help and cut a long story short we got a complimentary breakfast for the 4 of us which was lovely and kind. My mum has since received a partial refund but I havent received a penny which is unfair.
I would return here again in the future but maybe skip on the treatments. Thanks to all the staff for their help.

Room Tip: pick a room that has windows and doors. always helps.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Please accept my apologies that you did not find the spa treatments to your satisfaction. I was delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in the area.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed here for a few days, have stayed before and was quite impressed however this time not so much. The room was very small and overlooked the back of the hotel as you can see from other peoples pictures it's rather depressing. I was also told I would have to pay £3.50 to park each night. I went back to reception and asked if there were any other rooms available and was shown one that was even worse - smaller and overlooked the bin area so I stayed in my original. I also showed my booking email that said includes free parking and was told that I wouldn't have to pay as it says that on my email but only because I had it to hand otherwise I would have been charged. Apparently you have to let them know if your booking has that on it? All in all not the same as last time and not worthy of four stars. Shame because it's a lovely building.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that on this occasion we have not lived up to expectation.

I do hope that in time you will consider staying with us againl.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I very much enjoyed my night here, the beds was very comfy. Did have have problem with the dpa as treatments eere not done correctly, which we told the manger and she was very keen to here what we had to say, and got a lovely breakfast for 4, the breakfast was lovely, and staff was very happy and cheerful, but all staff was happy to help. The hotel was very clean and tidy, only let down was the scaffolding but everything needs doing time to time. All together lovely hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us and my team looked after you well. The scaffolding has been erected due to some storm damage we received to the roof during the earlier storms.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

150 of us stayed for three nights, all on a dance weekend using one of the hotels function rooms for our dinner and dance afterwards.
Check in despite our numbers was quick and easy; we gave our name to a dedicated member of staff who gave us the key and our welcome pack. The general manager attended our first night, gave us some words of welcome; told us some of the history of the hotel which was really interesting and helped with the dinner service. She also came onto our coach as we were leaving to say goodbye, another nice touch.
The hotel is interesting, the number 10 bar with all its photos of prime ministers and all the other public rooms with their unique qualities. The number 10 bar is not cheap but worth a visit, the function bar was less expensive.
It is an old building and yes our room windows could do with a clean and the bathroom could have been bigger, but it was a nice room, plenty of room space; flat screen tv; opening windows; heating; free wifi (very useful); comfortable bed; iron and board; hairdryer; trouser press and well cleaned. Can't ask for much more.
Our dinners were excellent and nicely served - for breakfast there was ample choice and again it was well prepared.
There is an indoor pool, spa and gym which we intended using but just didn't get round to it. It looked to be fine.
It really is a nice hotel, but what makes it special is its staff, most of whom were English and those that weren't spoke English fluently. It made a refreshing change not to have to speak pigeon English in an English hotel. Without exception the staff were efficient, helpful and friendly.
Can't really say much more except they made our stay special and we felt like valued customers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you Joe200 for your lovely write up, I do appreciate and we thoroughly enjoyed having you with us. The Washington Ballroom is stunning, isnt it? and I hope you agree it has the second best dancefloor in Blackpool!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we very much hope to see you all again another year.

With kind regards, Alison
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Bought a spa day for my Mother-in-Law and a friend at The Imperial. They had an hour long facial and massage, then a manicure. Lunch was included with wine and they had full use of all the facilities for the day (Swim, jacuzzi etc). The staff were warm, polite and welcoming. My Mother-in-Law had a lovely day. Best £100 I've ever spent and that was for 2 people. Thanks Imperial !!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I am so pleased that your gift was well received, and the team helped to make the day extra special for your guests.

Alison

Been to The Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!