“Slightly faded but still very good.” 4 of 5 stars

The Imperial Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Promenade, Blackpool FY1 2HB, England   |
Ranked #46 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
Birmingham, England
“Slightly faded but still very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Yep it's old and showing some wrinkles in places but have to say my two night stay was first rate value and maybe thats the key here. Get a great rate like I did and you have a lot for your money. nice basic room without a seaview but well heated with good furnishings a big bath and lots of very hot water. Good TV and tea coffee facilities so no complaints from me.
Excellent quality breakfast and very polite and helpful staff. Get the rate get a good stay. Close to be an excellent rating but needs just a little more to get that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was pleased that you were able to appreciate the olde worlde charm of the building. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Alison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hotel has retained much of its lovely features over the years and was a natural choice for a family get together for my Mum's 88 birthday. We were able to take our small dog with us and the only place she couldn't go was the Restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

I was delighted that we were able to make your family celebration one to remember. It is always a pleasure to read when our guests appreciate the character and charm of this building.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning a visit to the area.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was our first time staying at The Imperial and we were very impressed. We wanted a good quality hotel in Blackpool & we weren't disappointed. The staff are very impressive with their friendliness & attentiveness, even when we first contacted them by telephone to book. The food was excellent & the breakfast buffet had every possible choice. The rooms were clean & very spacious. We booked using an offer & for what we paid it was amazing value for money. We would definitely recommend this hotel & will return in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and my team took good care of you.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning on visiting the area.

Wtih kind regards

Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our first visit to the hotel. We had such a nice time the food is outstanding of the highest quality the rooms were so comfortable. Staff we're very helpful and very friendly we stayed for my birthday and what surprised me was how many members of staff wished me happy birthday. We will most certainly be returning for a longer stay. My rating would be 5 star +

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review.

I was thrilled that we were able to make your birthday a memorable one for you. I am proud to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Aldershot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The best Afternoon Tea I have ever , food amazing and Carol who looked after us as it was my daughters Hen Party as brilliant.
Lucky hotel to have such good staff, it was a pleasure.
Chris from Hampshire

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I was delighted that Carole and the team were able to make your day that bit "extra special", I will personally pass on your thanks to them, and I hope that you were able to enjoy some of the many attractions our town has to offer.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with you are next in the area.

Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Whilst Blackpool has seen a decline from its days as a UK tourist resort, the Imperial Hotel has kept a high level of service standard that should be the norm elsewhere, but usually isn't.
The hotel itself has been fairly well maintained, and the rooms, facilities, etc. were all of a fairly high standard.
The staff in particular were extremely professional and courteous at all times, from the reception to the bar to the restaurant and the housekeeping.
It is very unusual in this modern era to find all of the staff appeared to have local accents. A great advert for supporting your local community.
I would certainly consider staying here again, should I return to Blackpool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment. I was pleased that you appreciated the olde worlde charm of the building.

Frodsham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

great staff and very good facilities. The breakfast is amongst the best I have ever had. Big grand meeting rooms and nice quiet bed rooms. The pool was small, but sufficient if not too many other people using it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and my team looked after you well.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Alison

Been to The Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!