“The good, bad and plain ugly.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
surrey
5 attraction reviews
“The good, bad and plain ugly.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

For some reason, my review of Blackpool seafront mysteriously 'vanished' with no reason given.
I would like to re state that I will not go to the place ever again after visiting en route to the lake district with my wife.
The place was populated with dubious looking characters who looked like they were either regular drug users or alchol dependants.
I was on edge and always wary and concerned for her safety because several times we were accosted by these types to buy strange looking 'joke' books which we were reliably informed were 'a bit racist and a bit sexist'. Choosing not to buy these publications we were then sworn at!
Charming.
They stopped us to sell their wares!!!
The place is dirty, smells of ccoking fat and ciggarette smoke. The buildings look tired and in a decaying rusting state and there is a faint atmosphere of menace about the place, luckily we didn't have our kids with us. I wouldn't want to subject them to the experience.
We didn't see a single Police car or officer during the whole time we were there.
The beach was lovely though but I wouldn't ever go back.
There are plenty of other decent beaches to visit.
I will be annoyed if this review is removed, I'd like to tell others about the truth relating to the once splendid 'golden mile' which is now more like a rusty nail.

Visited July 2013

Durham, United Kingdom
“look around blackpool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

liked sea life centre full of different animals to see & is good for young & old also went to madam tussauds was very interesting the only dislike was the weather but you cant do anything with that

Visited October 2011
stockton
“enjoyed blackpool at least we got away from pontins southport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

liked the tower and all of blackpool pleasure beach was fantastic we had a ride on a tram which i thought was amusing and cheap the horse and carts were fun my grandson went on the donkeys which he loved we also had a go on hook the duck and managed to win a giganitc teddy bear for my grandson

Visited July 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“no loo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

spent saturday in blackpool with my grandsons,the front is great but,whats happened to the toilets and shelters.we found ourselfs running for cover to the nearest shop to shelter from the rain.once upon a time there were shelters all along the front ,where have they gone.and found it hard to find public toilets that were much needed with four young grandchildren in tow.please bring the shelters back and provide more toilets.

Visited August 2012
Widnes,
“blackpool a good place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Blackpool is a great place for both young and old, plenty to do, lots of it undercover if the weather is bad. The new promenade and trams are brilliant, the work done on them is a real improvement.

Visited June 2012