“Not that great” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #550 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Calderdale
“Not that great”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Wasn't expecting much, but was still below my expectations of a B&B.
On arrival i found it stunk quiet a lot, a slight musky smell and the door handles stuck to my hand.

The decor is outdated and depressing, the room was too small and it looked like it'd already been broken into it with bits of wood everywhere. The TV was intermittent and no bigger than an iPad screen, the bed was comfy though - alarm clock didn't work so we missed breakfast.

The en-suite bathroom was slightly horrifying, the toilet was disgusting, as was the shower and sink with luke warm water. As for the complimentary toiletries.. the sponges appeared to have public hair attached and the soap had been used.

No evening meal because the Landlord was drunk watching the Jubilee Concert.

Due to missing breakfast because of a faulty alarm in the room we where made to think we were a hindrance rather than a guest, and had 1 x slice of bacon, 1 x sausage, 1 small portion of cheap beans and an overcooked egg. The toast was cold - when asked for juice/drink we where given cordial.. not what I was expecting.

On the nighttime when outside having a cigarette, two guests left the building to be drenched by a missing drainage pipe at the front of the building.. I wasn't going to guess what the liquid was.. but it smelt (that could explain the musky building smell..) - local area was full of drunks and drug addicts, if it wasn't asking for a cigarette it was for beer or money, the chip shop across the road is amazing though! We turned up ten minutes before closing and the fryer made us food from scratch and gave us free drinks and sauces to take away!

I'd advise people to stay away from here, the vulgar language coming from the landlords and the pesky dog are not the worst of issues either!

Room Tip: Get a tent - and camp on the beach!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Just returned home from the peerless hotel.

myself and my partner had a ball. The room was great and had an en-suite.

We can't complain at all. It was that good we have booked to go back at the end of the month.

A huge thanks to the staff. xx

• Stayed June 2012
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

stayed here twice already jan 2011 & then aug 2011 marcus the owner very nice man makes a lovely breakfast in the mornign and you get lots of it. The rooms i have stayed in always clean and bed comfy.people who gave this place bad reviews i find ridiculous as the rooms are far from dirty if they wanted luxury am sure they could have found it in one of the 4* hotels located elsewhere! I am going back this month again :-)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Well maintained and decorated accomodation. Helpful staff who are eager to assist you. Room was a double en-suite. Comfortable bed and well stocked shower room. Hotel is ideally sited for the North Pier / Shore area. Ideal or Funny girls and the gay scene of Blackpool.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Big room for what we paid for, and clean. The guys that own it were very laid back and there dog was a gem never bothering any of the guests, only down side to her is she did smell a little.
The bar open as long as you needed which was great, the prices were very reasonable and they didn’t mind us bringing back a take away in the late hours to eat in the bar area either!
We were staying here with some friends we paid an extra £5 per night so we had an en suite and consequently a bigger room which we loved, our friends however didn’t and ended up in a very small room but when all your using is for is sleeping and having a shower it doesn’t make much of a difference as long as it’s clean.
Breakfast was really lovely and plenty of it!

Room Tip: pay the extra for an en suite!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was the worst Hotel more Hostel or Hostile I have ever stayed in, the cleaner, I say cleaner with tongue in cheek, was sprawled on the filthy sofa in the lounge area, the place absolutely stank so badly that it left a taste in your mouth, there was a box of eaten fried chicken bones on the bar the landlord was unkempt and scruffy, he was rude and unfriendly.

There was no facility to pay with credit card, I can see why as he needs the cash to avoid people cancelling their transactions.

We were in the quad room at the top of the house where the cleaner could obviously not get to, the bedclothes were brown and stained and the furniture was filthy, rusty nails kep't the net curtain in place..

We had to go out and buy all in one painters suits to sleep in, because we were terrified of what might decide to crawl on us in the nightand also two bottles of fabreeze, just to make the room bearable.
I do not think Kim and Aggie would tackle this nightmare, unfortunately there was no other place with vacancies in Blackpool, we should have known why, I could not even touch the breakfast in the morning as the landlord was the chef and I could not bear the thought that he had touched the food.
This Hotel is listed in Bags so all I can say is don't ever trust what you read in there, check out Tripadvisor everytime, I will never set foot in the place again for as long as I live.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The only positive was the nearly dead dog and was friendlier than the breathless slob that failed to greet me when i arrived and all he cared about was the money he was about to extract from my wallet. Breakfast was a disgrace with only sausage, one slice of bacon and compulsory tomatoes (which i despise, liberally sploshed all over my paultry feed) If the owner was the one that swears a lot and whines a lot while youre trying to eat your paupers fayre then he was the best of a bad bunch. I asked for a smoking room and it seems only one other room was occupied yet i still was given one of the two non smoking rooms ....out of 13 rooms in the hovel. Hotel states it was gay friendly although myself and my female partner found them most unfriendly and feel that maybe they should try being friendly to everyone. I wouldnt recommend staying here unless you are high on illicit drugs and enjoy nearly dead dogs and being made to feel like a hindrance rather than a valued paying guest. Very unfriendly and unwelcoming. P.S. I thought gay people were happy. These ones seemed like theyve never been to Canal Street and might benefit from the experience. next time i gop to Blackpool I think i might just cause a fight, get arrested and spend a night in the Police cells ...im sure it would be more accommodating.....or i might just doss on the beach........Absolutely awful dump.... wont be going back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¬

Room Tip: try Blackpool police station...i hear the cells are comfier and you get two sausages for breakfast
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Peerless Hotel? Share your experiences!