“Noisy night. Family room surrounded by arguing drunken couples” 4 of 5 stars

Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #55 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
stranraer
“Noisy night. Family room surrounded by arguing drunken couples”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on a sat when there was a wedding on in the hotel. This was not a problem until about 1 in the morning when the noise started. This continued until 5 .30 in the morning. This was on the fifth floor in a family room, surely party goers could b kept away from families. Anyway on the Sunday my 3 and 5 year olds and myself and my wife were knackered from lack of sleep.
Possibly this is not a common occurrence but in a room this expensive is unacceptable. I will b telling Hilton about it once I get home .
Breakfast on the other hand was lovely and staff all very friendly.
Blackpool is not to be too harsh, very run down . We won't be back

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Polish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We only stayed one night i am glad to say.
Staff very nice, bedroom clean, but not great on lighting 2 light bulbs not working.
Went into the bar at night it was very expensive, I feel really sorry for tourist staying here i felt it was a complete rip off in the bar.
I know hotels have to make a profit but this was just not right.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night for a Quick break with some friends Hotel in a good position reception really friendly and efficient.
The rooms really clean and warm with a sea view yes the rooms are retro but it adds to all the fun we ate lunch in the bar good food and service and we had a good Breakfast the next day which was really nice and again good service.
We will be back for longer next time and a bonous the is on site parking .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I'd review how nice the hotel is, good location etc, but I'm going to have a rant about hidden extras and appalling customer service....

We booked online and got a room only deal. When I checked in, I said we wanted to have breakfast and how much would it be. I was told £7.50.

In the morning, we presented our room cards at breakfast and asked for the meals to be charged to the room. When I checked out, I found that for 3 adults and two children we'd been charged £57.50. I questioned the bill and was told "you need to get vouchers from reception to qualify for the £7.50 deal". I said that this hadn't been mentioned when I checked in. You'd have thought they would have refunded the difference but NO!!!.

Bye bye Hiltons' - it's been nice staying with you!

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I expected that the task of finding overnight accommodation in Blackpool to a standard expected in major cities would pose a problem as the place is full of grand sounding hotels which are frankly abysmal. Imagine my relief when I found The Hilton, located on the seafront within walking distance of the Tower and Winter gardens.
The hotel is modern and clean and has great facilities and it appears that all of the rooms have a sea view (check when booking). the room was a bit smaller than I expected but was a standard double and had all the facilities you could want. Given my lowered expectations because of Blackpool's reputation I was pleasantly surprised although not bowled over.
The hotel also has a leisure club including gym and swimming pool which we made full use of although comparable hotels would also have had a jacuzzi spa which this did not. The spa changing rooms could do with updating as there was only one shower in the mens. Some work was being carried out in the ladies changing rooms but there was no information regarding any programme of improvement.
Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and in high quality restaurant surroundings. Even the service of breakfast was good, something which even the best hotels struggle with in my experience.
On arrival at the hotel signage could be improved as both me and the car in front turned into what looked to be the main entrance only to find that the car park entrance was down a side street.

Room Tip: Our room had a sea view and from outside it appeared all the rooms obliquely face the sea but it is...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
PA_HiltonBlackpool, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Blackpool Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
We were pleased to see you enjoyed the hotels services and facilities we have to offer, and the location suited your requirements and you particularly enjoyed the famous Hilton Breakfast. We hope you wil return in the near future.
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night the hotel is lovely rooms are comfortable and clean, The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. It is a bit of a walk to the tower area which would be nice in summer but it was a bit cold so we got a taxi which cost about £5. Parking at the Hotel is charged at £3 for 24hours. Breakfast was delicious you will not go hungry! Overall this is a lovely hotel which i will stay at on my next visit to Blackpool.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
We were pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, particularly the room and the famous Hilton Breakfast and the staff provided a great service for you. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We brought my parents-in-law for one night on 21st April. I would agree with some previous reviews that while the public areas are nice, the bedrooms could do with a little attention, however it is still one of the better hotels in Blackpool. In other areas it would not stand up to competition, but given its location it has the edge.

However, the one thing that set this hotel apart was the staff. My mother-in-law has quite advanced Alzheimer's Disease and taking her away or even out for a meal is often more difficult than it is worth - she is unable to communicate with or understand people and it is frustrating for her, which in turn makes it difficult for us as her family to help her enjoy it. However the staff (particularly in the restaurant) were absolutely excellent. They sat us on quiet table away from the hussle and bustle, served her without fuss or show, and the chef even cut her food up into bite size chunks without being asked. These little things absolutely made the weekend for us. She was able to enjoy herself without feeling frustrated or like a nuisance, and my father-in-law relaxed for the first time in years. We can't say a big enough thank you.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
We were pleased to see that your parents in law were able to relax and enjoy the hotel services and facilties we have to offer, and the staff provided a first class service for you. Thank you for your feedback this is most important to us.

Been to Hilton Blackpool Hotel? Share your experiences!