“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #859 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
North Wales
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

This hotel was booked through partyhotels.com for my mate's stag do. I read the reviews before going and decided to take my own bed sheets. I'm glad I did. Hotel is dirty and our bedroom door did not even lock! Do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Lads enjoyed the bar. Maybe I am a snob but I couldnt sleep in those beds and I checked out early. Beds were damp and disgusting with no mattress protectors. We slept on top of the beds in our clothes rather than make contact with the filthy sheets. I looked in the drawer of the bed and it was black with mould. No hot water in taps. Kettle didnt work. View from window over flat roof full of junk/fag ends/discarded takeaways. The worst place I have ever stayed in and I will NEVER go back there again. It should be condemned. Awful place. This isnt a joke, but people are actually allowed to take their PIGEONS on holiday with them!! There is a sign in the window!!

Stayed August 2010
Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

The best thing about this establishment is the location First impressions when entering building was a foisty smell and not very clean. We arrived at 2.00 pm Saturday afternoon and within 15 mins we were allocated our rooms which was a good point . When entering the room it smelled fresher than the foyer. In it there was a double bed and bunk beds. When the bottom bunk was sat on it was extremely noisy from the old springs, the double bed springs were nearly protruding through the mattress which did not have a cover on, the bed clothes were not clean. This to me was unacceptable the mattress was very uncomfortable, I slept intermittently, and because the bed clothes looked as if they hadn't been washed I slept on top of the covers in my clothes Fortunately I was only staying one night so I put up with the situation ,if it had been any longer I would have moved to another hotel. Two other members of the party, in two different rooms, complained about the damp and smell in the rooms. On the plus side the staff were helpful and very pleasant which makes a lot of difference. I stayed in a boarding house in 1979 when my son was a tiny baby which was more up to date and cleaner than this one. This could be a nice place to stay but needs to be brought into the 21st century I see that the current owners have just taken over I am afraid they re going to have a lot of work and expense to bring this place up to par. Also the price of £30 per night does not reflect what we got . Two adults and one child can stay in Durham Castle for £56 bed and breakfast - no comparison I wont be staying here again and would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed August 2010
midlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

ideal location for shops, entertainment and everthing within easy walking distance.Blackpool is moving slowly in to the 21st century at last. with new shops and traffic free areas and much cleaner than from other years.
owners Wayne and Tamara were friendly and helpful but.............. breakfast arrived cold and unnapetising ... i did not want baked beans but was not offered an alternative like tomato or mushrooms though tea and coffee and toast was plentiful.
our twin beddded room was cramped my husband and i took it in turns to
get dressed/ undressed,no chair in the room and no hooks to hang wet raincoats/ jackets. i was wary of the wardrobe which was a bit unstable.
fortunately we did not let this spoil our weekend break

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

As soon as we got to the hotel we was made welcome and its a very friendly enviroment, the owners wayne and tamara who had only taken over in october are really friendly and provide a great service, this hotel is great for families, groups hens and stags and its an all round hotel and is 10/10 for everything, great bar, very clean and the rooms are top quality, if you are looking for a place in blackpool, the northlands hotel is the place to be and has a great location

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

On booking were advised that there was a stag party in at the same time since I needed accomodation for two teenagers. The welcome was friendly and we were shown to our rooms immediately. The rooms were small but functional for with en suite shower and loo and plenty of clothes hanging and drawer space. Tea and coffee making facilities were available as was a hairdrier and electric socket for phone chargers etc. and we were accomodated thoughtfully in that we were separated from the stag party as best Wayne and Tamara could manage. The lounge/bar was comfortable and had the usual gaming machines, pool table and tv. The bar was reasonably priced and fairly well stocked. Wayne and Tamara were friendly and helpful hosts. Breakfast was served between 9 and 9.30 in a well presented dining room and was enough to set you up for the day. A wide choice of cereal, cooked breakfast, toast and jams, tea, coffee and juice were on offer. The hotel is situated very near to the busy central pier and is in easy reach of the town centre for shops and bars. The sea front is not far away and the pleasure beach was about a 20 minute walk along the promenade or a short tram ride from either the tower or central pier pick up points. The only negative was the lack of car parking at the hotel itself, but a few hundred yards away at the bottom of the road is a large municipal car park which cost in excess of £20 to park from Friday evening to Tuesday morning. Overall the hotel was a good choice for us and we would certainly return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

Had a great time at the Northlands for a hen weekend they made us feel very welcome and the bar was open until the early hours. Rooms clean and the hotel is great for access to the tower and nightlife would book again.

Stayed February 2008

Been to Northlands Hotel? Share your experiences!