We stayed here over Christmas and New Year and we felt they made a good effort to make it Christmassy. Overall we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious and we had nice views. The food was lovely - a buffet style breakfast with lots of choice and well prepared. The dinner menus were well thought out and again good quality food with decent sized portions. The service wasn't brilliant, at times we had to ask for our table to be cleared before the next course but we put this down to being so busy during the Christmas period and having so many services to deliver
The hotel has lost some of its character due to being part of a chain, although its well kept and still provides a good stay. The leisure facilities were very good with both an indoor and heated outdoor pool, along with all expected spa facilities. These facilities were very busy though as the gym is used by local people and there is constant coming and going due to this.
We were able to take our dogs and they were made welcome. The staff weren't the most organised but were happy to help with any issues we brought to their attention. The hotel is a little out of town so you will need to factor that in. There's a golf course and plenty of places to walk nearby. Overall we would stay again if in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Village Herons Reach Hotel
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business & Leisure Resort Hotel with golf course & driving range set on 220 acres in the countryside; near the Golden Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere and Otel so you can book your Village Herons Reach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.