“Typical Blackpool hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Manhattan Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
The Manhattan Hotel
You added The Manhattan Hotel to your Saves list
224 North Promenade, Blackpool FY1 1RZ, England   |
Ranked #54 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
leicester
“Typical Blackpool hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stay if you want a room with woodchip wallpaper and white painted walls an advocado suite and looking as if its never been maintained since installed, dust everywhere in the room and scuff marks all over the walls, a headbord which is a piece of white painted wood screwed to the wall. The food was good and plenty both at breakfast and dinner, no gourmet food but then we didn't expect any. The restaturant staff were helpful and teh entertainment was very good. Its a hotel which needs a lost of money spending to bring its rooms upto standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary H, Manager at The Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Again if the hotel room was in such a bad state as you suggest, Then why didn't you complain to the management ? But if it's luxury you want in the future, then pay for it !

Seems like you silly little people have to much time on your hands.
And seriously stop wasting your life whinging about pointless things.

Mrs H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

went there early august found it to be very local, very clean hotel, the food was very good (but they did run out of certain foods not long after the restaurant opened !) the entertainment was very good ! some the staff could do with going on a course on how to smile & be friendly towards the guests !

Room Tip: if your poor at walking get a room on the first floor as there is lots of stairs !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just spent the weekend at this hotel - was in a good location - staff very friendly and could not do enough for you. The food was very good even catered for vegetarian at a moments notice. Would definatley go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I spent a weekend here with a fairly large group of friends and we all agreed the Manhattan was a good choice. The location is ideal, not far from the North Pier - we could see it from the lounge windows - so it's within easy walking distance of everything you'd want but far enough away to allow for uninterrupted sleep. We were all happy with the rooms, I had plenty of space and lots of storage, the bed was really comfortable and everything was spotlessly clean. The only down-side was the size of the shower, only just room to move, but it did work; a larger shower cubicle would have earned a 5 rating!
No down-side at all with the food, breakfast was plentiful and really tasty, and I've rarely seen such a "clean" fried egg! :-D
As a vegetarian I was a wee bit wary as there's no veggie option on the sample dinner menu on the website, but I needn't have worried. I was the only vegetarian there and the chef prepared a different dish each night, ending with a really delicious vegetable lasagne.
The staff were friendly and helpful at all times, and our waiter David was the best! Thank you David! All thing considered, I'd like to think I'll be back at the Manhattan in the not-too-distant future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just came back from a Lovely 5 day break in Blackpool staying at the The Manhattan Hotel. I want to say a Big THANKYOU to each & everyone who make The Manhattan a Lovely Friendly place to stay :) Normally I read Reviews to see what other people have to say but I had heard Very Good Reports so I Booked .. Food is Excellent Value for Money & the Service is Right Up there with the Best. Bar Prices are Fair *You are in Blackpool after all* Entertainment is also Very Good But you Cannot Suit all, some reviews I have seen makes me think they have stayed somewhere else. When you write a review may I remind some you speak the Truth, This is a business after all Lynn K seems the Hotel was Fine before your wedding ? How strange its changed ? Mary & Brian & all Staff including Cleaners Keep Up the Great Work you do on a Day to Day Basis.. Definitely will be Returning ... ;)

Room Tip: Lower floors if you have Walking Dificulties
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

It is situated in a prime location, close to all the amenities and attractions. The owners Mary and Brian are lovely people, kind and considerate to all guests with helpful and friendly staff. The food is excellent with great entertainment, including a bingo where everything is paid out to the winners. Up to August this year, my husband Colin and myself have visited 16 times for weekends and longer stays - that surely speaks volumes! We've been going for 8 years now and wouldn't go anywhere else in Blackpool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pontefract
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Me and my husband met at the manhattan hotel got engaged there so we booked our wedding at the festival house 12 months before we got married Mary said to us both we were best booking a Friday to Monday as they were not as popular as Monday to Friday so we did so when the brochure came out and all my family and friends booked then myself and my husband went in January then again in march for my birthday she was a bit clever about people wanting to book that weekend who we had met over time. Then we went in may for my husbands birthday and Mary was still abit off with us then on the night before we was going home she gave us a bill for £900 for £200 for room hire £150 for balloons and £600 for a finger buffet for 100 people there were only 62 of our family and friend booked in so I sent the letter back saying we didn't want any extras we just wanted what was in our package deal with our meals included because ther was another coach coming in so we then got a letter saying that we could not wear our wedding outfit no cake or photo grafts aloud in the hotel. So when we arrived she gave all our party who booked in together awful rooms not very clean but we had booked in another hotel for the wedding night and we stayed in there a further night because of the room she gave us so we will never return to the manhattan hotel there were happy to take our money over the years and have always been ok with us both until we didn't want the £900 wedding package emailing from a friends address so do contact this email address

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Manhattan Hotel? Share your experiences!