“Lovely couple who run the establishment. prime locationfor everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prospect Hotel

Prospect Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Prospect Hotel
40 St Chads Road, Blackpool FY1 6BP, England   |
Ranked #603 of 886 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely couple who run the establishment. prime locationfor everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was really clean and tidy. the hosts were fantastic. come and go as u please as you get a front door key, excellent for a night on the tiles. breakfast was really nice and sets you up for the day.
Rooms are ok sized for a small family nothing bigger, on suit consists of a toilet sink and shower, again ideal for a short break.
Overall really nice for a small family.

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Preston, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We Spent 3 nights during the school hols with our 8yr old daughter and 4yr old son, Nothing was to much for Marsha or Paul who were very friendly and made our stay extremely pleasant, (even when our youngest was sick all over the bed at 11pm one night after over indulging on ice cream and candy floss) we were provided with clean sheets etc Marsha even offered to clean up and remake the bed :) we were thoroughly looked after for the whole duration of our stay. Rooms were very clean and comfortable ideal short family break. Would defiantly recommend and will be staying again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

They were nice and friendly greeting us When we arrived and showed my husband where the room was as I got kids out the car . They asked him how many was in the party? He Told them how many and was told there was only a fold out bed for the youngest, our 4 year old if we wanted it made up ? if you book for a party of 5 the room should have been made up for that!! I would even have called it a bed it was basically a small fold out peice of foam/mattress on the floor so told them it was fine not to make it up, we put her in our bed with us.Room was very small only hanging space for our jackets.There was a old headboard under the boys bunk beds? 2 towels for a party of 5 and no other little extras ie soap or toiletries. As there wasnt much room we went out allday both days,So didnt take much to look after us,When we went down for breakfast the first morning Kids were only offered cearel or toast which was a dissapointment as we stayed at another b&b on same street last year and kids were offered lots of choices including hot breakfasts and this b&b cost more .We were offered a cooked breakfast Im not a lover of breakfast so we asked them to give our oldest son mine Which they were happy to do .On coming home very late on our 2nd night we noticed they had been in room and changed a bin bag in the room but hadnt put a new one bag in the bathroom one and hadnt given us toilet roll couldnt go and ask as it was late so as soon as we got up in the morning hubby had to go and askfor one , He did apologized and said it should have been done.I should point out we were the only guests in the B&B so would have expected to be looked after better.
wouldnt go back ,will say they were friendly but was left disapointed with this b&b

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I booked this B&B in a hurry - it appeared to have what I required - en suite etc. The minute I pulled up I knew I had made a mistake - it looked like a terraced house. I asked for the car park - there was not one. I was required to pay for the whole stay in advance and I would not have done had I not been tired after a long drive. Signs up everywhere saying stupid things like 'don't allow children to run on the stairs' and threats if you dared to let a non-paying guest stay! I got to the room, which was clean, but the 'en suite' was a tiny shower room (I had dreamed of lying in a bath). I was amazed that things like shampoo and soap etc were not provided. The room was too warm but I could not open the window (I assume so non-paying guests could not be sneaked in?). I was there with my 10 year old son who said 'crikey I would give this hotel ONE star' and we later decided one too many. I could not find the wardrobe and it transpired there was not one - just a metal V shaped contraption attached to the wall. When I asked where the wardrobe was the metal contraption was pointed out and I was handed some hangers. Breakfast was between 9 and 9.30 - not much of a window. I got a phone call asking what I wanted for breakfast which puzzled me and my 10 year old son. Anyway he said beans and sausages. I said poached eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms but was told 'we don't do mushrooms because the wife is allergic to them'. Nothing like e.g. fresh fruit or decent bread was provided (just sliced Mothers Pride or similar). On the day I was leaving I arrived for breakfast at 9.35 (having packed because room had to be vacated by 10 a.m. even though we were the only guests most of our stay). I was told I had missed breakfast but having said 'we don't exactly have much' and insisting we were allowed to have breakfast. The room was clean and Martha & Paul were pleasant but it was not cheap £70 for the night but I am truly shocked that places like this still exist. The reason there was no menu for breakfast was because there was virtually no choice. Cereal consisted of Kellogs cornflakes and that was about it. The following month I stayed in the Camponile Hotel in Northampton for half the price and all the usual creature comforts were provided e.g. shampoo, soap, etc and breakfast was between 7 and 11. I have just written a review of the Manor House B&B rating it as excellent - same price but an entirely different experience. Fantastic choice for breakfast - virtually everything home made including e.g. jam and everything you could wish for provided e.g. shampoo, conditioner, cotton wool, home made scones and jam on arrival, a choice of drinks e.g. cold water, hot chocolate and so on. The worst thing is that this was typical of Blackpool - there were streets of these boarding houses advertising facilities such as 'central heating and colour TV'. It was like something out of a Bill Bryson novel written years ago. I did not believe that places like this still existed but, on the other hand, the story of my trip to Blackpool (where it is almost impossible to find a decent restaurant) and my stay in the Blackpool boarding house has amused friends of mine an experience not to be missed but never to be repeated. Owners of boarding houses in Blackpool need to travel and see what is on offer elsewhere and up their game because otherwise the future for them will be poverty.

Room Tip: Apparently I had the best room !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure recently to stay at the Prospect during our visit to Blackpool for the Open golf Championship. From the moment we arrived to time of our exit we were treated almost as family. The room was perfect and we could not have scripted it any better. It was beyond comfortable, clean and the full english breakfast each morning was just what we needed to start an action packed day. Just as the many reviews before this one had described, we expected and found it to be not only affordable, but a perfect place to be safe, warm and well taken care of. Thanks so much to Marsha and Paul for the wonderful hospitality, we look forward to a return hopefully sooner than later. Yours truly, your friends from Canada

Mirfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here the night of the 28th. We were met with a hearty welcome from Marsha, promptly shown to a wonderful room 3, the decor is great the bed really comfortable and great facilities. I also borrowed the ironing board, which sometimes is not available. One of the best nights sleep we've ever had in a hotel. Breakfast was lovely and got a really nice goodbye. The only downside is they're closed for the full winter period, definitely come back. :-)

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

i had booked into the golden beach hotel but it was a place u wouldnt keep a dog ,so we came on the comp and found the prospect hotel ,so we went round and we loved the look of it, we were showing our room and it was lovely just decorated and really clean and the couple that run it marsha and paul r sooo friendly the weans loved them , we defo be booking there again .so watch out marsha and paul we will be back soon .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Prospect Hotel? Share your experiences!