“Fantastic..!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lawrence House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lawrence House Hotel
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Fantastic..!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

March 24th / 28th 2015..

"Lawrence House.." Guest House..

We kind of took a punt on this bijoux, " Guest House "
Having walked past this establishment. When we were last
in Blackpool October 2014. And also a recommendation

From the minute I spoke to Wayne on the phone and
made the booking. I had a feeling this will be ok..
So I went ahead and booked the dates 24th March / 28th
I was also told by Wayne that because we had booked for
four nights.
We would get an extra Night free.. Great.!! And a Bargain.!!

We arrived and were greeted with a warm welcome and
shown to our room's
The room's were spotless / clean / comfortable
and warm. As still a bit chilly at night time

Breakfast. Was a full english with all the trimmings / cereal
toast / coffee n' was more than ample. We were set up for
the day with “Happy Tummies.”
We also had a couple of meals at night time
As we could not be bothered to go out
Wayne came up trumps again... The food was excellent.!!

At the time we were there. Peter said to us that they were
having a " Blackpool Guest House Soriee " (B.A.G.s)
And said.. " We would be more welcome to come along.."
This we did. And we thoroughly enjoyed the night

So to sum up Lawrence House...
A “Bijoux Gem” Just off the promenade and
within easy reach of all amenities Blackpool has to offer
Wayne and Peter were great host's

Would we go again...?
Yes we would.. Most Definatley..
We liked very much.
In fact we “ Adored.!! ” Lawrence House..

Best Wishes

Graham n' Steve

ps:~ Sorry for the late review W n' P.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Third time at the hotel, Peter and Wayne are amazing hosts,the hotel is amazing clean and comfortable. Food and service is 110% always fresh and piping hot. The rooms are warm and decorated with relaxing colours, TV... towels.. and plenty of beverages as well as a bottle of water. Looking forward to my next trip

Room Tip: Book early as they get busy
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Myself and my partner wanted a gay/gay friendly hotel in Blackpool during the Easter period. After visiting Blackpool last year we stumbled across Lawrence House and decided we wanted to stay there this year.

On arrival we found a council run car park on the same road as the hotel. There are not many parking spaces, but for 72 hours it costs £9.00, which we didn't think was too bad. There are also other near by parking areas

We met Wayne, one of the proprietors of Lawrence House, he told us all we needed to know to make sure that we have a welcomed stay. we was given a discount cord to use in certain establishments in Blackpool, plus a map and a list of places to visit to suit our type of stay, not just gay establishments but all types of places of interest. First impressions as we walked in wowed us immediately. Everywhere was clean and tidy and a lovely decor
Once we was booked in we was shown to our room. On entering the room we noticed how clean and immaculate the room is, we were in room 9. Theres a double bed and a single bed, blinds at the window and a blackout blind if needed. Hot facilities include a kettle, numerous amount of tea coffee and sugar and many pots of milk, so many hotels seem to just place enough for 2 cups of hot drinks
On the bed were 2 large white towels which was a nice welcome, and on top of each towel was an Easter egg for us both..that was a nice touch!
Peter the other proprietor knocked on our door to introduce himself, both Wayne and Peter are two of the nicest hosts we have ever come across
The bathroom had a very good running toilet system, and a shower cubicle, the bathroom was tiled throughout, very clean.
The dining area had many table settings, sofas, and a bar area. The bar opened at 6pm and closed around midnight
We decided to stay in to eat and try out try out their cooked food, of which tasted great, all food sourced locally. The prices they charge for the meals are good prices.

each morning we had breakfast served around 9.30am, for us was a perfect time, but they said they have no problem cooking earlier on request. What hey serve is a pot of tea or coffee, orange juice, cereals, numerous amount of toast, and a lovely tasty cooked breakfast including bacon, tomatoes beans sausage and eggs.

overall experience I would say it was the best stay i have had in a hotel in Blackpool. Great value for money, friendly approach, and very accommodating.
Next time we come to Blackpool or close by they will get a booking from us each time
They earn their star and deserve a higher rating than they currently have

from Laurence and Colin from Sittingbourne kent

Room Tip: NO 9 looks out to the front of the Hotel
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are looking to stay somewhere with class and luxury that won't break the bank this is the place for you !!! 1st class service very welcoming couple. Lovely rooms delicious food will defiantly come back and stay here. Ideal location 5 min walk to town n the tower but away from the noise !!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is the first time we stayed at this hotel and loved every minute. I'm a straight guy who went with my fiancé and a couple of friends, Peter and Wayne made us all feel so welcome. The room was very clean and tidy with period décor. Breakfast was excellent and the cheesy chips were to die for. Overall hospitality was outstanding and would recommend Lawrence House Hotel to anybody. Will definitely be going again..

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

It was the first time I'd stayed at this hotel, and it definitely won't be the last. I was made to feel very welcome by the fantastic hosts, Wayne and Peter, as soon as I arrived. Peter showed me to a very spacious, stylish, and clean room, with more than just the 'usual' welcome treats - in addition to tea, coffee, and biscuits, I found hot chocolate, bottled water, mints, and a couple of individually-wrapped chocolates...the little delights that make it a bit more special than the average hotel room. The room was warm and cosy, and had everything I needed.

Not long after arriving, I wandered down to the hotel bar, with its traditional yet quirky decor, and enjoyed a glass of the reasonably priced and good quality house wine, whilst I perused the menu for my evening meal. As a vegetarian, I am often disappointed at the limited options on a hotel menu - but Lawrence House did not disappoint! There was plenty of choice, and Wayne's home cooking was delicious. The relaxing atmosphere of the bar encouraged me to stay there for the rest of the evening, and - as a solo traveller - I enjoyed chatting to Wayne, reading my book, and unwinding, before retiring to my room.

After a very good night's sleep, I headed downstairs for breakfast, and again the food did not disappoint. After helping myself to the selection of cereals on offer, I tucked into Wayne's vegetarian breakfast, which was delicious and filling - and set me up for the rest of the day! There was plenty of choice on the breakfast menu, with something to suit everyone's taste, be they vegetarian or meat-eater.

After a very full, long day out, I returned to the hotel for another comfortable night's sleep, followed by another delicious breakfast, after which I checked out - I told Wayne that I had really enjoyed my stay, and would definitely be returning to Lawrence House.

However, I didn't realise just quite how soon I would be returning! After a couple of hours of killing time in Blackpool, until it was time to catch my train home, I decided I wanted to stay an additional night in Blackpool. With Blackpool's hundreds of hotels and B & Bs right on my doorstep, all with 'vacancies' signs (as it was out of season), I had the choice of absolutely anywhere I wanted to stay; for me though, there simply was only one choice, and that was to return to Lawrence House, as I'd enjoyed it so much! On returning, and re-checking in at the hotel, Wayne showed me to a different room (my original room was now occupied by new guests); this second room was equally as comfortable, stylish, clean, and welcoming as the first.

The following morning, after a third hearty breakfast, it was with regret that I had to check out again. This time I did need to head home, but I will definitely be back at Lawrence House the next time I stay in Blackpool. Definitely the best hotel in Blackpool I've ever stayed at; I would recommend this hotel very highly, and am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Borth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

An excellent place to stay. The single room was compact but pleasant and en-suite. Plenty of choice for breakfast, including vegetarian. Friendly owners and convenient location, being near the station and the town.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Been to Lawrence House Hotel? Share your experiences!