“Lovely friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wilcot Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Wilcot Hotel
You added The Wilcot Hotel to your Saves list
80 Lord Street, Blackpool FY1 2DG, England   |
Ranked #77 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton
“Lovely friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

The 2 guys that run this hotel are really lovely and really make the stay pleasurable and you feel like an old friend rather than a guest. The rooms are adequate and the breakfast more than enough. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided in the rooms along with a selection of biscuits. The guys also arranged for a free car parking space to use during our stay. The hotel has a very reasonably priced bar that we used to meet up with the other guest before venturing out.The hotel is situated roughly a 3 minute walk away from the gay bars and club which made it easy to find after one to many sherries. The price of this hotel seemed exceptionally cheap and didn't know what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

i stayed at the wilcot hotel for the weekend with a few friends whilst staying in blackpool, its difficult to described just how top class our stay was, Adrian and Terry were on hand and would always go out of our way to make sure our stay was a friendly, comfortable and warm one, with live piano music from the extremly talented pianist Adrian, to top quality food, my stay at the wilcot could not be flawed! genuinly one of the best hotels i have stayed in and will certainly be staying in the future. highly recommend this hotel. all in all a top class hotel, friendly, warm, comfortable and it was my pleasure to stay here. thankyou Adrian and Terry for a top notch stay at the wilcot. x

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I don't know where to start to praise Terry and Adrian highly enough. Their hotel is stunning, their warm greeting at the door, my beautifully furnished bedroom and spotless bathroom, the feeling of clean freshness to everything that I've never experienced anywhere else; the little genuine touches of luxury that made me feel extra special -and it wasn't only me either. We were all shown places to go, things to see, people to meet. Nothing was any problem - Terry - your meals are wonderful - I'll never forget my last breakfast - thankyou. Adrian you are such a gifted pianist - I breakfasted to Greig - and I only thought that happened in Norway.
Blackpool has two of it's finest Ambassadors at The Wilcot Hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Norwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed at the Wilcot for 4 nights, and the length was too long. The small problems with the rooms got less bearable as the time went on. The hotel is very clean. They are very very welcoming. The breakfast is excellent. If I was going to stay for one night or two I would not hesitate.
The rooms are a bit small (like all blackpool hotels). The showers are weak electric ones. There is no hook to hang clothes and no towel rails. The pillows are a bit small.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

A fantastic place to stay, Lovely accommadation in a convenient spot in blackpool. Not too close to the livley town but not too far away for a stroll to the centre. The owners Terry and Adrian are very friendly and full of fun and are always happy to make you very welcome.
The hotel has very comfortable and clean rooms that are equipted with everything you need. It has a very cosy and relaxing lounge bar where you can be entertained by Terry and Adrian on the piano and there fantastic stories setting you up for a good night out on the town or a quiet relaxing night in.
In the mornings you are aroused by the fantastic breakfast served to set you up for the day!
I would definetly stay at the Wilcot again because you know you are gonna be made welcome by Terry and Adrian.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Telford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

What a great find The Wilcot was, after being let down by another establishment we were late to book but the guys at The Wilcot were more than prepared to accept my group of friends. While many can claim this on a whim and i would never usually score so highly but The Wilcot was A** in everything that it did and offered. The guys couldn't do enough for you (without being in your face) and the hotel was great. Close to gay drinkage and to the shops and that's all this bunch of queens wanted! Will certainly be booking up soon for a return visit. Oh and unlike many other hotels this hotel had parking which is always a bonus :)

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed at the Wilcot on easter weekend with my boyfriend & friends at 1st my thoughts were mixed on staying at a hotel in Blackpool.. I thought it would be your typical cheap deal hotel i.e unclean, untidy & generally not nice but I couldnt of been more wrong...
On arriving at the Wilcot Hotel what a warm friendly atmosphere!...
The hotel was so clean couldnt fault it..!
The rooms were lovely, clean, bright & the bedding smelt gorgeous!!
Breakfast was lovely - I'm a fussy eater too & still thought it was lovely..
I would deffo return to stay at the Wilcot Terry & Adrian were such great hosts..
& couldnt of made us feel anymore welcome than we did, we had drinks etc at the bar with them then went onto going out..

Great Weekend .. Thanks Guys!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Wilcot Hotel? Share your experiences!