“More Travelodge style than Ibis Styles” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Blackpool

You added Ibis Styles Blackpool to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Blackpool
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Talbot Square, Blackpool FY1 1ND, England (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #50 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
Reading, United Kingdom
“More Travelodge style than Ibis Styles”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The problem with the Ibis Styles brand is that the quality of the hotels vary wildly. Some are very good, e.g. Birmingham which is a converted Holiday Inn Express. But some are poor, such as this one which is a converted Travelodge. Unfortunately the revamped 'style' does not seem to extend to maintenance and housekeeping of this property. My room had a broken soap dispenser fitting the shower, and even the wash basin soap dispenser was completely empty. No phone in the room so I had to go to reception to request a replacement - why does housekeeping not check this - and what was I expected to do when I wanted a shower? The air conditioning was too noisy for me to sleep well. I'm a LeClub gold member so should have been offered a complimentary drink but wasn't. I don't think the staff know that this isn't a Travelodge anymore and that Ibis standards are (supposedly) different. Thankfully I had to leave at 4.30 in the morning so was only there for a few hours, and for the £25 'Happy Mondays' rate I paid it was acceptable. Less than ten minutes walk from Blackpool North station, right on the sea front, so it's a good location, but unless you're a fan of Travelodge style hotels then I would try for somewhere else. Definitely needs a visit from Ibis Styles management team, I think they would be shocked.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, today
Dear MikeWReading,

I'm really sorry that my team omitted to replace the soap dispenser in your room and didn't offer you the Le Club benefits. I've just started here as the new GM and I'll ensure that from now on we'll get these things right.
Next time you're visiting please contact me directly and I'll personally look after your booking. My email is : h9148-gm@accor.com

Best wishes
David McGing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel. The other 2 being when it was the travel lodge. And I have to say it's generally better. Granted my visit was mid week in off peak season but the room was clean and I was on the 3rd floor and it was quiet with a sea view. In the past I've been disturbed with night club noise but this time was a lot better

The room has been refurbished. Basic but it's ample and has tea and coffee making facilities in the room

I needed an iron and this was provided at reception

It included a free breakfast. Continental style but ample and free wifi is now provided throughout the hotel

Generally a very good stay and world stay here again

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Scottydon,

Great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay, and we hope you'll return for a 4th visit.
Thanks for the review

Regards
David
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent Location The staff were excellent very helpful couldn't do enough to help you, i advise to take own hairdryer as very poor , very clean rooms basic but modern ,

The ONLY thing that lets the hotel down is the breakfast but as a B & B style hotel this is the MAIN meal , its the poorest excuse for a continental i have ever seen i had to go out for breakfast , poor quality ham, vac packed cheese, a choice of 3 danishes (very small) 4 types of cereal toast and muesli, for what you pay to stay there it should be a lot better, even if you had a choice to upgrade to a full English would be a plus i would of paid for this option, as i had to go out in the wind and freezing weather to get some food early in the morning.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm pleased you found our Hotel to be clean, location to be great and the staff were really helpful.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What an ideal situation close to all that you need and if you visit the pleasure beach its a quick tram ride away , staff were helpful and easy to find from the train station will defiantly be going back

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm pleased that you found our Hotel to be clean, tidy and our location great.
It is also great that you found my Team helpful.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for a two night break great location opposite North pier breakfast is included and is a great start to your day hotel is clean and tidy access at street level and go up in lift to reception breakfast room doubles up as a bar for drinks and snacks rooms are clean and tidy with shower and full bathroom no parking at this hotel although multi storey around corner overall it's a great place to stay .

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm pleased you found our Hotel to be clean and the location to be great.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Wife and I recently stayed at the Ibis Styles Hotel. Located on the North Promenade at Blackpool,Lancashire.This former Classy Hotel (The Clifton Hotel) has gone through many changes over recent years,but has come out smelling of roses.
The Continental Breakfast is very good...Ample Tea/Coffee etc available all day at no extra cost. The rooms are nice enough and the beds great. The location is unparralelled and affords sea views to some rooms.
The best part about the hotel are the staff. Young and enthusiastic , they made our stay a pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the Hotel may offer sea views,where as other rooms may be quieter due to the T...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm pleased that you found our Hotel to be clean, tidy and our location great.
It is also great that you found my Team helpful and enthusiastic.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a basic hotel, it's better than most of the B & b's ive stayed in in Blackpool. It's a budget hotel and that's what you get.

The room was clean and tidy, there was a slight drain smell coming from the bathroom. This was a hockey fixed by simply closing the door.

The hotel breakfast left a little to be desired. There was cereal or mini Danish along with some dubious tasting and looking fruit. The weekend I was stating there was a sign on the toaster saying it was out of order. Now I'm no business woman, however for the sake of £50 and a trip to buy a decent toaster that would have solved the problem and given people a much better impression of the off breakfast situation.

The hotel is located rear some pubs so it's good to be aware.

• Stayed November 2014

Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm pleased that you found our Hotel to be clean and tidy.

Assistant Manager

Been to Ibis Styles Blackpool? Share your experiences!