“Really lovely hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Blackpool

You added Ibis Styles Blackpool to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Blackpool
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Talbot Square, Blackpool FY1 1ND, England (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #50 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
Derby, United Kingdom
“Really lovely hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed tat this hotel for a few days .just got home to day 'wish we were still there.we had a lovely room with a sea view .very comfortable beds , nice bathroom with good shower . All shinning clean. Continental breakfast was really good served by pleasant staff. Lucy at reception was extremely helpfully . Thanks to all . Will be back soon.

Room Tip: 216 is a good room near to the lift.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, May 2, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm pleased that you found your sea-view room to be clean, breakfast really good and that Lucy and the Team were extremely helpful.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Katy Mace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

after reading reviews on this hotel i was really not looking forward to going. it previously was travel lodge and was took over the week before i stayed. on arrival the staff were very friendly and let us book in early. the room was spacious, very clean and modern. the drinks in the bard very reasonably priced at 2 bottles of stella cidre for £5.00. we had a sea view room and although yes the windows were slightly dirty if i really need to be picky over something, to be honest as a sea view room in a seaside resort id expect slightly sandy windows. we slept very well, didnt hear no noise from nearby pubs or traffic. the location is great, a short walk to the shops and about 3/4 doora up from yates, counting house and weatherspoons and taxi rank right across the road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, April 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm very happy that you found my Team to be friendly and your room to be very clean and modern.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The most disgusting hotel I've ever had to stay at! Dirty and undone from the outside. Leaks on the ceilings, dirty carpet. Cigarette butts and dirt everywhere. Dust everywhere. The service is terrible. Staff seem disinterested and tired to talk to you. The room looks very bad. Dirty walls, very dirty windows with glass covered in smudges of God knows what on them. Dust all over the room. The breakfast venue is disgusting. Dishwasher in dirty uniform kept coming out of the kitchen to collect dishes. Spoons and cups were dirty, coffee machine is covered in dust. The main concern of the stay was not even extremely worn out fixtures throughout the hotel but Essensial CLEANLINESS was lacking! ACCOR shame on you for such a dump of a hotel!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

We honestly try to provide a great experience for all of our guests and mostly we do get this right. If you'd like to discuss your feedback with me, I'd be really happy to listen. My telephone number is 01253 752 478.

I hope to speak to you soon.

Flint, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Seen a view reviews on here in regards to noise from the nightclub downstairs on the weekends.. so we decided to have a short stay from the sunday to wednesday. Well all i can say is we were so glad we booked this hotel in comparison to others of a similar price. We had a room with a seaside view as requested, and the location of the hotel was perfect, very central. The staff were very helpful and friendly, beds were changed and rooms were cleaned daily. The continental breakfast was a big hit with us aswell, very very good quality for the price. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I'm very happy that you found our Hotel to be clean, my Team friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our Continental breakfast.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I just stopped in this hotel and being Blackpool and being a cheap hotel, I wasn't expecting too much, however I was pleasantly surprised.

The location is perfect just across the road from the North pier two lifts provide access to the rooms.

Every part of the hotel I saw was very clean and it felt a secure place to stop with key card access instead of old style keys.

The reception staff were very friendly and when I requested a room on a higher floor they sorted that out for me.

Breakfast was included in the price and although it was continental it was still nice. The dining area was a little small, but I didn't have any problems finding a seat. There was orange and apple juice from a machine, fresh orange and very nice. No restriction to the amount of either food or drink was a good thing as well. There was also a coffee machine which provided various coffee types. And a selection of teas.

There were various boxed cereals and a small fridge with milk. And brown and white bread with a toaster.

Also ham, cheese, a selection of croissants and fruits. Probably there was a little more but I found it more than adequate. Even if I would have liked a full English.

There is also a computer available for guests with internet access.

The hotel offers free wifi, which I connected to however the speed was rubbish, so I turned it off and used my 3G speed on my phone which was more than double the wifi speed of the hotel. (Their wifi is Something that needs work)

The room itself was very light and very clean, the bathroom was spotless (compliments to the cleaners) the beds and bedding was also very clean and felt new. One criticism I found was the width of the single beds. They were a little too narrow and I was actually worried that if I rolled over I'd fall out the bed.

The aircon was perfect, and worked very well, and didn't make the air dry which is usually a sign that it needs the filters cleaned.

The hair drier was the only thing that didn't work, however I didn't need it so I wasn't that bothered and I'm sure it would have been fixed if I had asked.

The hotel used to be a travel lodge and still feels like that type or hotel but Ibis Styles have taken it on and made it better.

Thanks for a lovely stay and I wouldn't hesitate on coming back.

Room Tip: Ground floor on the front may be noisy due to the bars along the front
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm really glad that you found us to be good value, spotlessly clean and my Team friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our honeymoon, clean hotel and very clean room. Staff very polite and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Even though the room was on the sea front, there was no excessive noise coming into the room
Had no issues whatsoever and would definitely stay again.
A++++++++++++

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I'm really happy that you found our Hotel to be very clean and my Team helpful and polite.

We look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for your anniversary :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Would stay again, would recommend this hotel to friends and family, planning on coming back in the summer with our children. Everyone was helpful and polite, the room and bed comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed April 2014
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm really pleased you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves and look forward to seeing you in the summer... Fingers are crossed for sunshine.

Katy Mace

Been to Ibis Styles Blackpool? Share your experiences!