“Really Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Blackpool

You added Ibis Styles Blackpool to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Blackpool
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Talbot Square, Blackpool FY1 1ND, England (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #46 of 74 Hotels in Blackpool
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Really Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here for a family night out in Blackpool. We had two rooms, both of which were clean, tidy and very spacious. Really speedy check in and check out. To say it was a Saturday night noise wasn't an issue outside. The curtains also blocked out all light. Would definitely stay here again, and would reccomend to others wanting a reasonable priced hotel with modern twist in a central location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm happy that your rooms were modern, clean, tidy and spacious. I'm pleased that noise wasn't an issue and that you would recommend us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

Katy Mace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
Benalmádena, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in November, was a bit wary about booking it as its right in the middle of the town centre where all the pubs,bars and clubs are.We never heard a thing day or night! It has been renovated to a good standard , the rooms are quite spacious and modern, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room on the 3rd floor, nummber 305 very nice
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm so please we surprised you and I'm happy that you like our newly decorated, spacious and modern rooms.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. They kindly allowed me to check in first even though I was the guest and the reservation wasn't in my name. That was good of them as the other guest arrived after 11pm and I would have been wandering the streets in the cold otherwise!

I liked the room. It was clean and a decent size, and the heating worked well so I was able to get it warm and cosy quickly after I arrived. Lots of TV channels available. The design of the bathroom seemed quite cramped to me, it was difficult to move around without banging into something, but more importantly it was clean and everything worked. They could afford to take a bit of the space from the bedrooms and give it over to the bathrooms.

The location is both a blessing and a curse, in a way - very close to the promenade and the north railway station, but I could hear loud music throbbing away well into the night (at least 1:30am). Luckily it didn't stop me getting to sleep, but I thought it was going to as I'm easily woken by noise normally.

Although I was initially a little disappointed not to find any bacon/eggs etc. in the breakfast room, what they had was perfectly good and I loved the Président camembert cheese (though sadly they replaced it with a different brand on the second morning!)

From a value for money perspective, it was good - we each paid £35 per night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Katy M, General Manager at Ibis Styles Blackpool, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Blackpool.

I'm so happy to hear that you had a very good stay and that you found my Team to be helpful and the Hotel clean. I'm glad the music didn't keep you awake.

I'm pleased the Continental breakfast didn't disappoint (I too am a huge fan of the camembert!).

I'm happy you felt you got value for money and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Great Wyrley, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Room was small but hey it had a bed and a bathroom and a seaview and tv which kept lossing signal :( but the best thing is the night staff they do everything sever me beer and cook food for you and always have a joke and take time to chat many thanks to alan and donna for making my stay great

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I'll make sure Allan and Donna hear about your lovely comments - I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

I'm glad you had a good stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Workington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed at the ibis styles last night , it was the 80s gig at the grand theatre . Firstly the location, perfect is how we would sum this hotel only 10mins walk to the theatre and seconds from bars and clubs.Now onto the hotel, reception area not bad you get a warm welcome from staff which is nice and the breakfast area is right next to where you check in.
Now the room 107.. well it is Blackpool so we were not expecting much, room very very basic strange lighting like something from a construction site is how i would describe them hmmm not sure what they thought they are meant to look like. Dirty window spoiled a nice view of the sea . Tears in the quilt cover and sticky black stains on the carpet. On a plus side the bed was comfortable and the heating system was fine. Bathroom was ok apart from no soap in either of the dispencers one next to the sink and one in the bathroom. Toilet very low to the floor again a strange design thought . The door is another odd one you either have to slam it closed or use the key card to release the lock ...maybe this is to make sure you have your key card when you leave. Breakfast had a good selection and is a nice bright area to sit, but the plates and bowls not clean i had to look at a few before i ate from them. By the way use wilkinsons car park £7 for 24hrs isnt bad. So all in all an ok stay for one night in blackpool, would i stay at the ibis styles again......maybe.

Room Tip: bring some soap just incase. wilkinsons car park 10mins away.
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

It's great to hear that you received a warm welcome from my Team and that you enjoyed breakfast.

I'm so sorry there was no soap in your room; I have addressed the issues with your room with our Housekeeping Team.

I'm sorry that our lighting in the rooms wasn't to your taste but happy you found the bed to be comfortable.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Bournemouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We don’t know of any hotel in Blackpool that is within easy walking distance of most of the shops, restaurants and attractions and also has a free car park. So if you’re happy to move around on foot or by public transport we doubt that you can beat this one. It’s an older building but it has been well modernised very recently, and there is an unloading area close by if you need to drop luggage before disposing of your car. The reception area is up one floor and the staff are friendly and helpful. We asked for a second key-card, extra towels, and help in connecting to the free Wifi. No problem. Inside, the walls are good and thick, but Blackpool is a 24-hour place, especially at weekends, so it is best to ask for a room as high and as far away from the lifts as possible. Ask for a sea view if you plan to go to a disco; otherwise ask for a rear view where their noise is less audible! Our room was a good size, with a very comfy bed, and the bathroom was spacious with plenty of places to put things. However the supply of coat hangers was limited, there were no drawers for storage, there was no light over the dressing table mirror and the two pushbuttons on the shower mixer were missing. Breakfast is the star attraction here: it’s continental but the choices are excellent and it is available at sensible times, especially at weekends. There is not enough seating in the breakfast room to cope with the demand when the hotel is full, so a queue is inevitable at popular times. The staff work frantically to clear and clean tables, but it would be easy to seat at least another dozen people with better use of the existing space. This is, by Blackpool standards, a very good hotel, given the very budget price. Maybe that’s why it seems to appeal more to women? We saw many more ladies than gents here during our 3-night stay. Or maybe it’s the absence of a ‘Full English’ that keeps the boys away? Whatever the reason, this hotel suits us just fine!

Room Tip: Top floor, far end of corridoor, at the back is quietest. Corner rooms can be bigger.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

It's great to hear that you found my Team to be friendly and helpful and that breakfast was a star attraction.

As you mentioned in your previous review, we don't have drawers for storage in our bedrooms but most of our guests find the hanging space to be adequate for their requirements. I'm sorry that you felt this wasn't the case.

We hope to welcome you back to our Hotel again soon.

Katy Mace

Been to Ibis Styles Blackpool? Share your experiences!