“Fine dining gone” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #121 of 591 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The G Casino is one of the most lively venues in Blackpool for fun nights out with friends, and the Dining Room on the mezzanine level is a great place to kick off your festivities. The colourful and vibrant restaurant is decorated with contemporary paintings and comfy leather banquettes, and whether you're looking to celebrate or commiserate your luck at the roulette table, the bar at the Dining Room serves a fab selection of global wines, beers and cocktails. Popular dishes include the pan-fried scallops with spring onions served on black pudding with spinach; the sirloin steak served with mash, glazed carrots and a red wine jus; and the monkfish medallions with sweet potato mash and tempura mange tout.
“Fine dining gone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Gutted to find the white table cloth and superb service and menu has gone. Whilst it was a decent meal still we couldn't help but feel disappointed. It use to be absolutely fabulous to be able to still get a superb quality and service meal whilst staying in Blackpool. The entertainment was really good I think they were called the ragdolls. And the casino overall still a good atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

SCUNTHORPE
“first Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Enjoyable few hours spent ,well structured Poker tournements good structure to platy neat and clean friendly staff

Visited September 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Poor service and even poorer food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Visited for a friends birthday and needless to say I wont be returning for food

I ordered the chicken stir fry and asked for it to come with no onions only to be told that the vegetables come prepacked and can not be separated!! My food came and when I cut into the chicken it was like a brick.....dry, burnt and dehydrated to say the least.

For such a nice casino this standard of food is just unacceptable!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lancashire
“Quality food, nice venue excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very friendly welcome, quickly sat us down with menus and took pre-dinner drink order. Nice menu, very competitively priced, and a separate specials list. Seated quickly at a good table overlooking the casino floor, and iced tap water came immediately followed by the first courses. My wife had the cold salmon crown which was topped with prawns, I opted for garlic glazed mushrooms on toasted ciabatta, both dishes were generous in quantity and professionally presented. I requested my main course of ribeye steak to be cooked rare, and you would be amazed at how often I get questioned by restaurant staff, informing me that their chef prefers to cook it medium to rare, (I sometimes want to question the quality of their ribeye that doesn't allow for rare), however I was most impressed when I was asked if I wanted it 'blue' or just rare, and it came perfectly cooked as rare as I like it and well seasoned and tasty. Seabass fillets were again nicely presented, with a tomato based coulis thoughtfully on the side of the plate rather than smothering everything. Veg's and potatoes were ample, and unusually for us, we also both had a dessert, a lovely home made creme' brulee and enormous fresh strawberry meringue concoction that unfortunately beat me as I was by now fully sated. We had a very acceptable Pinot Gris again well priced at £14.00. Total bill including drink at the bar - £63.00. All this with exceptionally attentive and well trained staff means we will be back again very soon. Gastr0T0urist

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burton upon Trent, null, United Kingdom
“great restuartant great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

excellent value for money, food lovely. 2 course for £9.95, 3 for £11.95. good choose, and you dont have to play in the casino, you do have to join as a member, but no catch to play

Visited June 2013