“Overpriced and grubby.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Trades Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Trades Hotel
You added Trades Hotel to your Saves list
51-55 Lord Street, Blackpool FY1 2BJ, England   |
Ranked #58 of 100 Specialty Lodging in Blackpool
eastbourne
“Overpriced and grubby.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel and I can only say it is very grubby and needs a complete makeover. Seems the proprieters just want to take your money ( it isn't cheap ! ) and put nothing back into the hotel to make it clean, sanitary and a nice place to stay. Great value...not !!

PS. The photo shows the dirty shower cubicle in the room.

Room Tip: If you want a good room then just don't go there ...move on !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place, great staff, amazing value, fantastic all night guests bar. It isn't the cleanest hotel in the world but if it were I wouldn't have booked, it was the special attractions and facilities at Trades that attracted me, and I am pleased to report that I will be staying again very soon. Had a fantastic time and can't wait til next time.

• Stayed June 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have for years heard of the legendary Trades Hotel, and until very recently haven't had the need to visit Blackpool, but thankfully have now done so. I read with disdain the reviews left by the bitter folk that have left Trades having not been as popular as they imagine themselves to be, and can only smile and laugh at the reviews they leave on here. Okay so the interior is a little tired, perhaps if they wish the latest interiors they might try the Ibis, or they want cleaner, they might try the Metropole, but Jeez people, it's Trades, the team make no claims about it being Five Diamond.
One books into Trades for the 'unique' policies, not for the decor (which by the way is not as grungy as some would have TA viewers believe) The facilities, food and 24hr bar make for a great all round stay at the Trades, which is a landmark venue for freedom, and should be treated as such.
Ignore the tacky Q's and the fact that they were left wanting despite open doors, their reviews speak more for their lack of action than their actual disappointment with the venue itself.
All in all, Neil and the team provided me with a welcoming, clean environment in which to relax, have a good time, and from which to base myself during my time in Blackpool.
As the title of this review shows, some reviewers should simply get over themselves!

Room Tip: IF (and only if) you want a good wifi reception, go for first floor, (or buy a long range dongle), o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just returned from my first stay in trades, and to give a unbiased honest opinion, i went to there website and read all the reviews, and the reviews on here, so with an open mind i went for 2 nights, I must honestly say that I have never ever enjoyed myself as much in a blackpool hotel, Its Deffinately not the ritz, but the its comfortable clean, and a mega breakfast thrown in, I cant understand why people write bad reviews about it, its a fun adult hotel, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the staff were like family, nice bar, cheap beer,good company, beats any other hotel in blackpool i have ever stayed in, Neil, Nat, Adriana and stephh, thanks for a good couple of days, I ejoyed it so much, thankyou,...xx

Room Tip: Book well in advance for wkends it gets full pretty quickly, Forget the bars in town, where they cha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went to this god awful hotel last weekend and can i say i will never be back. From the out set the hotel or Kennel for a better word actually its lower than a kennel, anyway my freind and myself got there late and we were told after phoning twice to make sure they knew the booking that one of us would be staying one night not three. Then the card reader wasnt there supirise i should have ran at that. On getting into my room i unpacked and found that there was only one socket and that was on the far away wall i went down to reception to ask if there was another room they could place me in because i needed my cpap machine plugged in. i was given two eletrical extensions not very health and safety. i then looked at the room grubby thread bearn carpets heavily stained and the en suite was filthy i couldnt fit in to the shower cabnet and even if i could i wouldnt with the dirt and mildew. i complained about it and was told go to the comunal shower its great? we paid for en suites. the doors were being banded all night sorry i know its the usual in this hotel but people from off the streets come in there when i was there a guy had his wallet stollen some security. And all weekend the rooms had never been touched cleaning wise i had the same towel for three days i was told hang it over the radiator to dry.
The staff were friendly and lovely but this hotel needs to be shut down now its tired, dirty, and past its best its time this relic was closed or if anything upgraded .

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel in blackpool dont go to that one
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a disaster from the start. I should have known when I phoned to book it. Previously when you phoned to reserve a room, you had to pay a deposit because of the popularity of the place. This time we didn't. My instinct was to find that strange, so much so that I phoned up twice again to confirm it. Both times the hotel said 'no its fine. No deposit required' so we went with it.

When we arrived I produced my credit card but was told there was no other way to pay but by cash. The credit card machine was not so much broken as just a plastic holder so we had to go find a cash point to withdraw £200. We took charge of both rooms late at night so we didn't get a chance to find out much until the following day. Peter, my friend who has a disability, could not work his way round the room and became upset. I said he could use mine which was some consolation.

On the first morning, I jumped the shower in the en suite room. The towel was a hand towel that might have started off as white but it certainly did not end like that. After half an hour, the shower was still cold irrespective whether the knob swung to the left or right so I ended up using the communal shower which was nice and warm so that was a bonus. Donna at breakfast was a star and made the experience bearable. Apart from that, and the bar, it continued to be awful. The carpets were filthy all through the hotel. The paintwork was stained yellow indicating how long it had been there.

In my own room the telly didnt work and didn't have a remote. The furniture was cheap, broken, the bed was squeaky, the quilt so thin with burn marks on it and blood that I found on the final morning. The bin wasn't changed once in four days, the towels weren't changed in four days, the blinds didnt work so you had to put the blind down manually and wind it up the same. They had my friend only booked in for one night whereas I was booked in for three despite paying £200. The eventually managed to fix it.

Wifi was so weak that you could only use it properly at the bar. There were holes on the walls as if they had been punched and I never saw a cleaner once.

This hotel should be listed as the worst possible hotel within the gay community. It is being traded on years of goodwill but that goodwill is running out fast. Unless you live in conditions like this in your own home you will not enjoy staying here so please avoid it as much as possible

We will never be back
Derek and George from Kilmarnock

Room Tip: If you must stay here get a room near the ground floor if you want to use wifi. Demand that they cha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

this hotel should be shut down it is disgusting rooms are filthy after all what goes on it is not surprising my advice is lock your door at night as you might have company my advice is give this place a miss there is better hotels to stay at

Room Tip: avoid this place like the plague
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Trades Hotel? Share your experiences!