“Couldn't ask for better” 5 of 5 stars

Waters Edge
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   5 Dean Street | South Shore, Blackpool FY4 1AU, England   |
Ranked #376 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Alsager, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask for better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was there this weekend just past 8/9th of Feb 2013, had a fantastic stay, the rooms were all very clean and tidy, the location is fantastic as it is close to all the local attractions, Paul and Josey were very helpful and friendly, and there was also a lovley couple from Stoke called Nobby and Doreen i think, i would defiantly recommend this hotel for anyone of any age, wether they be in a family or just a couple.

Will be visiting again very soon :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

On arrival we were greeted by a man who constantly shouted "Margaret! Customers!" this immediately made us feel at home. We were then told that we need to go to another hotel in order to get a parking Pass, to which I have never seen as many disclaimer signs saying "we are not responsible for your car". Once "Margaret" had finished her cigarette, by the smell of her, she led us up to our room. When halfway up the stairs my son said to me "Dad, it smells like a hamsters cage here" and to be honest I think a hamsters cage would have been luxury compared to this. Once in our room we were asked "do you think you'll need any towels?" Now I'm not a spoiled and by no means up my own [--] but surely a towel is not to much to ask for in a room? When we returned from a day out in the equally disgusting Blackpool we were greeted with the news that the heating would not be on due to it being nearly summer. My son had bunk beds to himself, which was a god send as he needed the two duvets to try and get a heat during the night. In the morning I couldn't get the image of this woman with yellow cigarette stained hair hanging over my breakfast with a fag butt in her gub. So we hit the road at our first opportunity to pastures new! And do yourself a favour by not visiting the 1940's "bar".

• Stayed March 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

What a decrepit little place. My partner, his 5 yo and I spent one night in this 'hotel' and I'm glad we made it out alive. We might have frozen to death! Thankfully there were two bunk beds and only one child so at least he could have two duvets to try and keep warm, my partner and I were not so lucky and had to sleep with coats on. Moreover, when we arrived, we were greeted by a clueless, glaikit gadge who didn't know why we were there! Erm, it's a hotel, we are guests, we should like to see our room! Room was not very clean, breakfast was average, cost far too much for the state of the place, avoid at all costs.

• Stayed April 2012
Josephine B, Owner at Waters Edge, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
It seem that you were cold in your room that had a knock on effect to call people childish names also to find fault with other things.

If as cold as you say I would of been thinking of the health of my child,partner and myself. I would of come out of the room down the stairs and asked for a heater. ( We have done this in many Hotels as our breaks are in the winter months) This is something easily solved when we know about it. Unfortunately you chose not to let us know. After all we are not trained in mind reading.

We are only too happy to help at the time guests need it. When you are about to leave or after you have left its to late.

Sincere apology to you and your family. ( owner ) Josephine

Please remember Hoteliers are approachable. There was no need at all for this incident to have happened.
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

me my husband and two friends decided to have a random night in blackpool only booked it by phone sat afternoon after seeing it on internet and arived two hours later ,paul was really welcoming and made us feel at ease ,being out of season he told us were to go and nothing was too much trouble ,rooms were great and clean and warm and we had a great nights sleep ,the hotel is near south pier so close to pleasure beach and trams run from across the road. breakfast was fab again nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel at home ,overall a very enjoyable stay thanks to paul for all the laughs ,very jolly man .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

20 of us went to this hotel for my sisters 21st. Our party was a mixture of lads and ladies ranging from 18 to 52. Whilst booking the trip Josie and Paul were really helpful in making the arrangments. When we arrived they really looked after us and made sure we all had a great time and that we were safe. There was another party of lads on a trip, who had been to the hotel for the 3rd year running. When they got on in on the night out they were abit boysterus (I think they were a bit excited by the young girls in our party). However, Paul soon sorted them out and they were sent to bed. The only negative is that the older parties had to have bunk beds, however, they could have shared double beds, but they chose not too. The other thing was that the showers were a bit cold, however, I think some of the party had forgot to switch the hot water switch on. Overall a great hotel and a great night out.

Room Tip: Switch the hot water button on before having a shower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

stayed here overnight for my partners birthday lovely b&b had the four poster bed it was so comfy breakfast was very nice and thankyou to paul and josie for making us feel so welcome will definatley return

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

would just like to say a huge thankyou to paul & josie for making our stay at the waters edge so very enjoyable, myself and my partner steve along with my sister and brother-in-law stayed overnight for my brother-in-laws birthday, we found it very clean, and stylish, rooms are very nice with tea & coffee facilities, a good sized breakfast, and a lovely warm welcome, would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning on staying in blackpool, we will deffinatly be returning in the very near future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Waters Edge? Share your experiences!