“fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
cumbria
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

dee met us on arrival who we found very friendly and put us at ease straight away.our bags were carried up to our room , which was very pleasant and spotlessly clean.she informed us we had reserved parking close by the hotel.the breakfast was excellent plentiful and hot .the hotel is in a great location for everything.it was our first visit but not our last we will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We all stayed as a family at this hotel and we all thought it was marvellous. Dee took our suitcase to our room and when we came back for the evening we found the kid's pyjamas all laid out on their beds and 'Mr Rabbit' was even with the right set of pyjamas. Dee was very hospitable and made everyone feel really welcome.
The breakfast was really nice and set us up for the day and as well as the full English option there was cereal, fruit and croissants etc.
We've already decided to go back again because we enjoyed it so much.
Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in the family room and it was brilliant for us.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

just had two nights bed and breakfast at the New Bond, i arrived early but it wasn't a problem, i was welcomed, even had my bags carried to my room !. The hotel is on Lord Street, two minutes walk to funny girls, a few minutes too the promenade, and a short walk to the tower . I booked a single en-suite room, it was a lovely clean room, comfortable bed , the bathroom was spotless with a new shower, The breakfasts were very nice, well cooked, well presented etc, Finally the staff, i only got to meet Dee, she was really friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her. I hope to stay there again on my next trip to blackpool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have to say we had a lovely weekend staying at New Bond Hotel, my second visit and I would certainly recommend it to friends. Dee and Sue are a great team and nothing is too much trouble for them, day or night.The rooms are modern and comfy and good value for money, breakfasts are lovely too. Its a short walk to the tower and entertainment etc, but make sure you book well in advance for Funny Girls, months in advance. its really busy.

Room Tip: All rooms lovely
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night weekend break at this lovely hotel. May I say how hospitable Dee was, she couldn't do enough for you (being a fellow scoucer!!). Room, although on the small side was spotless. The tea and coffe facilities were great, even had my favourite 'Ginger' biscuits which were 'to die for.'

Breakfast was exceptional and plenty to chose from and far better than you would get at the top of the range hotels.

I would fully recommend this place for a break for the friendly service, cleanliness and best of all the 'Ginger' biscuits and Breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a few days away at the New Bond Hotel and I simply cannot recommend this lovely place enough! After being welcomed by Dee and Sue we were shown to our room which although not huge was spotlessly clean and really nicely decorated. A big comfy bed just topped it off!
The location is perfect for heading into Blackpool and we were sorted out parking straight away out the front of the hotel. Unfortunately due to my other half being a little worse for wear in the mornings we only made breakfast once during our stay however the reviews are certainly deserved, a top notch full English was worth getting out of bed for!
Overall a fantastic stay, thank you so much Dee and Sue, thank you ladies so much, we will be returning!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My reasonably funny 'stepdaughter' and I decided to have a few days in Blackpool recently. Booking through late rooms, I decided on The New Bond Hotel. The reviews were indeed impressive and the location perfect for our weekend of drinking fun.
On arrival we were greeted by either Sue or Dee(apologies, I can't remember which) who advised its on parking. She even took my daughter's case, which to be honest was the heaviest of all our luggage. Selfishly my daughter trotted off after her casually carrying a small and light bag. I however was left carrying my own luggage which consisted of a lovely grey leather weekender bag. I have had it for several years(bought in TkMax) and I cannot begin to tell you how much joy it has brought me. I also had to carry a shoe bag and the recently purchased bag of alcohol. My daughter had insisted on buying the cheaper Grants vodka but since I'm a couple of years older than her I used my power of seniority and insisted on a litre of Smirnoff and I can tell you it is just as well I did! Finally I had to carry two shirts on their hanger. Now, I consider myself fat, people who love would use such words as 'rotund' or 'big boned' when describing me. I however prefer the honesty of fat! The point being that my shirts are large, sometimes even xxl in fact. Folding and stuffing into my grey weekender bag are not an option. I have found that shirts with folds throughout rarely impress. So you can imagine my horror as one of the shirts slipped from the hanger as I struggled fully laden from the car. My selfish daughter skipping along up ahead without a care in the world, I was furious! When eventually she did look back I gave her the angriest face I have ever given anyone in my life. She simply laughed.
We were shown to our room's by the incredibly friendly and warm Sue or Dee. The rooms are immaculate and nothing but nothing is too much trouble for your hosts. It really is a wonderful place to stay. The seating area outside is a wonderful place to smoke before you go out of an evening. We would have a few smokes and drinks as we watched the Saturday night come to life. I should just say that I only ever smoke when I'm in the company of the selfish daughter, she stresses me you see.
A few days of drinking, chatting, twerking, eating, swinging, dancing, rollercoasting, walking, smoking, laughing, scaring and even more twerking(stepdaughter only) followed. It really was a wonderful time at The New Bond Hotel and we will definitely stay again when we are in Blackpool. Also although we failed to make breakfast on the Sunday, we did on the Monday and boy are we glad we did. An absolute cracking full English is served by Sue and Dee, it is not to be missed. Only downside being that when the selfish daughter went up yo refill our orange juice there was only enough for one glass. Obviously the selfish one filled her glass to the top whilst I got a mere teaspoon in the bottom of my glass. Selfish one didn't even bother to ask if I wanted apple juice as an alternative. Grrrrrr! So our Blackpool weekend ended as it hsd started, with a selfish act from my stepdaughter. I will never forget how she walked away from me as I struggled with my luggage. I get furious when it pops into my mind even now. Her selfishness cannot detract from what was a great stay, The New Bond Hotel is a must stay at place for whoever visits Blackpool.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to New Bond Hotel? Share your experiences!